Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 2.5 Released

We had yet another event with this great mod.

The airstrike at the end is definitly a highlight :D

Big thx to DaOarge for recording this video and for a ton of screenshots (you can see everything on his homepage HERE)

Keep it up!

Cheers,

D.

We had yet another event with this great mod.

The airstrike at the end is definitly a highlight :D

Next time can you post BEFORE the event showing us the server so we can be a part of it?

Woah I've missed a lot! Sorry to let you down on the Handbook Sav! I did the first 10 pages or so, but I've had a pretty crazy few months. I moved out of my parents house and down to the Capital, started a new job etc. I'm so pissed that I still haven't got a PC down here now though! I've been waiting for this for so long haha!

Still, glad it all worked out for you, I can't fuckin' wait to load this up! I'm hoping to build a monster PC, so this might just run with no lag, eh? ;)

Just maybe another three months or so...

Edited by Diggdydog

Evolution South East Asia

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/GITSEvolutionSEAv6.CSJ_SEA.pbo

slightly old scripts in this mission (new one still in progress)

capture 11 zones - villages, then FOBs and agricultural areas then temple then recapture main airbase then charlie ridge (deep vc country)

constantly defend FOB from human waves of VC

600 punji/tripwire traps to contend with

ka-bar knife, working bayonets, refueling with jerrycans, add and remove silencers and bayonets, backpack system, gas and gas masks for bunker clearance

20 odd side-missions

cargo, towing, heli transport, AC130 spooky

unsung and our own air support console

custom sounds and intro

this version is temporary and requires

unsung mod v2.5

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12267

CBA - make sure it's running

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/@CBA_unsung.rar

Blazes weapons (for backpacks, knives, bayonets, silencers and fuel cans to work)

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/@Blazes_weapons.rar

@weapons

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/@weapons.rar

@vilas aks

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/@vilas_aks_082011.rar

@rug_dsai_VC

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/@RUG_DSAI_VC.rar

@BP_bloodscreen

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/@BP_bloodScreen.rar

sorry about modding it - there were too many a-holes on there at the weekend

on our server here

GITS Vietnam Arma2OA

b_560x95.png

SGT_SAVAGE

Great Mod and the changes to v2_5 are very nice.

We had previous version running on the server about a month ago and was very surprised that Evo Sea v4 ran continuous for about 3 and a half weeks with no hiccups and a very clean rpt.

With v2_5 the rpt is slamed with messages and causes many red chains and desync when over 5 players on at the same time.

uns_traps\punji_2_a.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
uns_traps\tripwire2a.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
uns_traps\tripwire1b.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
uns_traps\punji_2_a.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
uns_traps\tripwire2b.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
uns_traps\tripwire2a.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
uns_traps\tripwire1a.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
uns_traps\m49_flare_trip.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
uns_traps\tripwire1a.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
uns_traps\m49_flare_trip.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

Anything I can do about this?

Keep up the great work.

Its good to see available in 6 updater as many players won't use mods unless its on 6.

Thanks again.

Mate i don't know whats happening there since 2.5 has cleaned up a lot of those errors since 2.0 . And the fact other servers even ones i play on with eggbeast and the boys run smooth with no desync and lag free even when i have a ping of 360 . I don't think those errors are causing your issues, and since you said 2.0 ran smooth with a very clean rpt error report also suggests something might be wrong with your setver ,since 2.0 was a mess compared to this release. To answer your question the errors you posted can only be fixed by someone whom is familiar with oxygen.

i only see red chain when public clients join with loads of other mods running, or different cba on

e.g. we had l;oads of red chain on server at the weekend so i talked to some of the public guys

they were running ACE, I44, PRACS, unsung etc all in same folder, with cba and unsung versions just pasted in on top of the old stuff... what a mess.

they were using six updater and putting all mods in one folder... that is gonna wreck your server-client comms

"No geometry and no visual shape"

Those errors indicate the P3D file is incomplete. The Geo LOD is what makes the game understand the shape of the model in the 3D world. The visual LOD is what makes the AI able to "see" it. You need a *minimum* of one resolution LOD, the Geo LOD, and the Visual LOD for a 3D model to work in-game. And yes SGT_Savage is correct, someone will need to add those items in Oxygen.

i only see red chain when public clients join with loads of other mods running, or different cba on

e.g. we had l;oads of red chain on server at the weekend so i talked to some of the public guys

they were running ACE, I44, PRACS, unsung etc all in same folder, with cba and unsung versions just pasted in on top of the old stuff... what a mess.

they were using six updater and putting all mods in one folder... that is gonna wreck your server-client comms

Its unfortunate that running mods isn't made easier for newer folks or for people that don't really understand how they work (or don't work) together etc.

In the early days of DayZ I had people connecting to my server with DayZ activated!!!! Caused all sorts of ridiculous issues.

Ah, yes its probably incompatible mods causing the chains. Was hopping for an all in one solution for the mod problem with arma 3, but it didn't come. As for Oxygen I don't have a clue how to use it. Previously had it installed when I had the P: partition but have not reallocated space since last windows install. Thanks for the input guys.

Interesting way to make ARVN soldiers. Use USMC infantry and give them Asian faces via cfgidentities in the description.ext After that group them to an independent so that they will talk like the CIDG soldiers. You now have something that passes for ARVN.

Hi, I'm Polish. I would like to play some unsung mod, but something I can not run. I downloaded the mod 2.5, I installed and when I run the game are theoretically I see that the mod works, but when trying to enable some sort of mission, for example the "Epicenter" is not impossible to play. You can see the forest, listen to the sounds but nothing else happens. At first wrote to disable @ CBA_A2, and so I've done, but still nothing happens, only no-shows CBA_A2 message. Please help me. I have ARMA 2 OA.

Do you have only the Operation Arrowhead expansion? You need ArmA II -- CBA to run the mod otherwise you can't I'm afraid . Running ARMA CO here. Which means ArmA II and operation Arrowhead together.

You need arma 2 CO for this mod [A2+OA].

Also you need @cba (in last version @cba_co + arma 2 beta patch or if you use older version you must use 3 cba folders).

No, I do not have ARMA 2, I bought only OA. I thought it was enough, but apparently misunderstood :/. It is strange that since you need ARMA II is possible to install this add-on to the OA ...

Yeah but as you see you can't run it properly without ArmA II. You should get it otherwise there are a lot of things you can't play. Most of all die hard fans are all on ArmA CO.

You can try to use arma 2 free (free version of A2 with low res textures) and then combine it with OA. But i suggest to buy full arma 2.

Powodzenia :)

hehehe thanks, Polish difficult language :). The purchase cost of A2 is small, so there is nothing to try, but I thought the OA enough :). Only that, I tried half a day to do it :).

already it did not understand. For your advice, I purchased ARMA 2 mod and install unsung, because something did not work OA. ARMA 2 updated to 1.11 when I installed the MOD and I tried to launch the game crashes with the message I need the patch 1.59 1.59 :/ surely this patch in OA. What's up with that?

You need to launch arma 2 CO (A2+OA), your game must be updated to ver.1.62 (this patch update your arma 2 also to v1.11). What is your OA ver 1.59 or lower/higher. If 1.59 then use patch 1.60 (this will update also A2 to v1.09 if needed) and then 1.62 (also update A2 to v1.11).

I have 1.59 and downloading 1.60. CO needs to start the unsung mod? at the moment I have ARMA 2 and OA is not enough? I lost a little longer with this.

I do not know what, but I looked and I just version 1.62, though not yet even installed 1.60. Not know how it gets

Edited by maniek