Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 2.5 Released

Since it looks like there will be an other patch now, here's my 'wish list': :)

Cao Bang:

-the airfield should be set up as one in Cao Bang's config too, so the AI can use it too.

-make bridges passable for AI,

-there are 2 flying bunkers in village in grid 066/075

F4 Phantom:

-people have reported it starts jumping now and then... maybe the land contact points are a bit too high (inside the model's geometry)?

M79:

-please add smoke rounds to the M79 and/or other grenade launchers (see stock M79 from OA for how to)

ACE_compact files:

-please sign the ACE files with a different key. So server admins could prevent people from joining none-ace servers with the ace files, potentially causing issues.

M113s:

-The M113s have a none working turn out option on the driver position (view stuck in the middle if the vehicle)

M48 Patton:

-shouldn't the commander's MG be useable from the inside too?

Keep it up,

it seems to me that this version of UNS is a great success :)

Cheers,

D.

Well here is what the external view now looks like on the choppers, http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww38/Wingmate12/arma2oa2013-05-1113-40-34-49_zpsa01f4518.jpg

In regards to the HUD/Visor do you mean the reflex sight? If you do mean that, I'll quote Savage If I could model anything more than a cube I'd give it a go.

However I did fix the door on the side of the UH-1C to use the correct texture.

the view seems much better, thanks.

about the visor, I didn't mean the reflex sight.

it's the same thing as it was for CWC:

when we get in the cobra, we DO have a green cross, to see where we shoot (even if it is disabled in game option)

about the hueys, IF THIS OPTION IS ENABLED IN GAME OPTION, we DO have the same cross, but if IT IS DISABLED IN GAME OPTION, we DON'T have it.

so my question here is: for all the aircrafts (choppers, planes etc...), can we have this green cross to see where we shoot?

that way, we'll be able to see exactly where we shoot, even if the reflex visor is not accurate.

Since it looks like there will be an other patch now, here's my 'wish list': :)

Cao Bang:

-the airfield should be set up as one in Cao Bang's config too, so the AI can use it too.

-make bridges passable for AI,

-there are 2 flying bunkers in village in grid 066/075

F4 Phantom:

-people have reported it starts jumping now and then... maybe the land contact points are a bit too high (inside the model's geometry)?

M79:

-please add smoke rounds to the M79 and/or other grenade launchers (see stock M79 from OA for how to)

ACE_compact files:

-please sign the ACE files with a different key. So server admins could prevent people from joining none-ace servers with the ace files, potentially causing issues.

M113s:

-The M113s have a none working turn out option on the driver position (view stuck in the middle if the vehicle)

M48 Patton:

-shouldn't the commander's MG be useable from the inside too?

Keep it up,

it seems to me that this version of UNS is a great success :)

Cheers,

D.

Cao bang island - Can't do anything with this no source files and nobody able to crack it open and fix.

The F4 - Haven't been able to recreate issue. Need exact conditions to replicate.

M79 smoke - Will look into it.

Ace_compactfiles - After talking with Columdrum there was some isssue with the signature files for the mod. They will be fixed and included in the next patch

M113 - No Mlods can't fix

M48a3 - Already fixed

so my question here is: for all the aircrafts (choppers, planes etc...), can we have this green cross to see where we shoot?

that way, we'll be able to see exactly where we shoot, even if the reflex visor is not accurate.

Mate I answered this a few posts back it has been fixed.

Guys please review my recent posts I keep having to answer the same questions over and over again.

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

@savage

You didn't read my whole post.

I know you answered a few posts back, but it's not what I meant.

Can someone please tell me how to import just the VTE tet offense map so that I can build a tet unsung mission on it? There are no buildings on unsung maps. Thank you you geniuses.

You download both VTE and Unsung and activate them.

Then you load VTE map in editor and use Unsung units.

Cao bang island - Can't do anything with this no source files and nobody able to crack it open and fix.

M113 - No Mlods can't fix

At least, you do not need any source files to add the airfield to Cao Bang. That's a pure config issue.

I'm also pretty sure you can disable the turn out option on the M113 without an MLOD.

Concerning ACE_compact: It would be great it this file would use a different key than the rest of Unsung indeed.

Thx for response

&

Cheers,

Dimitri

Yes the turn out option can be disable I think by config, I though you were asking to fix the actual position. In regards to the airfield AI takes off and lands just fine : / As far as taxiways the author didn't add them. The bridges I'm not sure what the issue is there.

---------- Post added at 02:16 ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 ----------

@savage

You didn't read my whole post.

I know you answered a few posts back, but it's not what I meant.

Ok well take a screenshot of what your referring to in CWC cause I don't understand what your asking :)

You download both VTE and Unsung and activate them.

Then you load VTE map in editor and use Unsung units.

I tried to just download VTE and drag the Tet pbo into the unsung addons folder, but it wouldnt appear in the editor. Oh well

@ savage:

-go to game option

-disable weapon visor

-go to editor (whatever map)

-take the unsung cobra as pilot

-you will have the green cross to aim with the rockets

-now take the gunship huey: you won't have the green cross to aim with the rockets

-now, go to game option

-enable weapon visor

-go to editor (whatever map)

-take the unsung cobra as pilot

-you will have the green cross to aim with the rockets

-now take the gunship huey: you will also have the green cross to aim with the rockets

so, what I'm asking (if possible of course), is to have the same green cross on the gunship huey, like on the cobra.

I mean, whether we disable the weapon visor or not in game option (for the rifles for example), we DO always have the green cross for the choppers, so that we can aim with their weapons.

am I clearer like this?

Ok I see what your saying, I been comparing both cobra and huey C's configs. I can't see how or why the cobra's aiming crosshairs remain when disabled in the options. I can't seem to replicate it for the C model sorry :(

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

I tried to just download VTE and drag the Tet pbo into the unsung addons folder, but it wouldnt appear in the editor. Oh well

It doesn't work like that, you need to run both mods together. In your icon target line you need it to look something like this -mod=@uns;@vte or whatever the VTE folder is called.

@savage

Ok, Thanks for having a look though.

However, there was the same problem with the CWR Kiowa at the beginning and it has been fixed.

Maybe you can ask W0lle how he managed to fix it?

Hello all

I definitely love the new version of UNSUNG. Have made a new video concerning the Intro to mission 3. All the dialogues - conversations and voice acting is naturally still missing. I just posted this vid because it has a very creepy and claustrophobic atmosphere . . . which I love btw. The video is a bit dark since it's night and I didn't wanted to improve the visibility improvements offered by you tube which turns normally night settings into nearly daylight.

I hope you enjoy it.

cheers :D

Looks great! Ha any chance you can start releasing those missions. Even as single missions would be fine. It may take too long before u find voice actors

@Dimitri_Harkov - Finally was able to fix the turn out animation on m113 , now works correctly. :)

Looks great! Ha any chance you can start releasing those missions. Even as single missions would be fine. It may take too long before u find voice actors

Yes I will release a first version without having the missions voice acted since it takes it's time to get the voice acting done. But first things first it's still WIP not finished yet. I'm half done for a first release. I will have to do a serious play testing before a release is going to happen. So please be patient. Unfortunately my time is very often drastically reduced due to RL issues.

Cheers

Very good athmosphere in your video, well well well done!

Very good athmosphere in your video, well well well done!

Thanks tortuosit very much appreciated.

cheers :D

Thanks Savage for sharing!

Basically by using this utility you get an Updater, Launcher and ServerBrowser specialized for Unsung.

Several elements and unrelated content are either removed or hidden.

It is a basic bootstrapper program that Installs Play withSIX and pre-requisites when missing,

and launches Play withSIX in lockdown mode on the desired mod.

If you like, you still have access to the full Play withSIX experience, simply by launching it instead of the bootstrapper.

Both the bootstrapper and the lockdown mode are still early versions and both will be much improved coming time.

Expect improvements and more variants popping up for more mods coming time :)

Very much appreciated!! Thank you!

Can someone please tell me how to import just the VTE tet offense map so that I can build a tet unsung mission on it? There are no buildings on unsung maps. Thank you you geniuses.

If you don't want your players to have to use 12,000 addons just because you want to use one simple feature, try @OA_Editor....look it up on Armaholic.

With this nifty addon, you can add ALL buildings and signs and plants and whatever from BIS core that you couldn't do before.

AND!........your players will not need that addon to play your missions...BIS buildings on Chernarus should fit Vietnam profile. The buildings look 1970's anyways...

This addon will give you ALL buildings for Arma2 and OA.

Good luck.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

The video is a bit dark since it's night and I didn't wanted to improve the visibility improvements offered by you tube which turns normally night settings into nearly daylight.

Nice MOON shot in the start of vid. Never seen that one so it makes you the first...!!

I was wondering your opinion of using the Modules: Movie Day and Movie Night........or was it Environment Day and Enviroment Night.

Also the others like GRAIN and SEPIA.

Remember that mission I sent you to look at? Rain Of Fire?

I took out the Movie Night and the mission was much light and easier for the player to navigate.

Seems like the BIS vanilla day and night are so much more clean, fresh and clear as compared to using the Movie modules....your thoughts on that?

I don't think you were using them in your vid, or were you?

I can never find enough information about those modules. Even on BIS Wiki, there is not much.........seems some numerical values need to go into them and not just blindly placing them on the map....

Cheers

Nice MOON shot in the start of vid. Never seen that one so it makes you the first...!!

I was wondering your opinion of using the Modules: Movie Day and Movie Night........or was it Environment Day and Enviroment Night.

Also the others like GRAIN and SEPIA.

Remember that mission I sent you to look at? Rain Of Fire?

I took out the Movie Night and the mission was much light and easier for the player to navigate.

Seems like the BIS vanilla day and night are so much more clean, fresh and clear as compared to using the Movie modules....your thoughts on that?

I don't think you were using them in your vid, or were you?

I can never find enough information about those modules. Even on BIS Wiki, there is not much.........seems some numerical values need to go into them and not just blindly placing them on the map....

Cheers

Hello Kommiekat

Yeah I remember that mission. Without the flares it was pitch black really difficult to navigate.

for being honest I never used the day and night modules. I couldn't get it to work somehow. This is "vanilla night" no modules used. I was lucky that the time settings in the editor gave me a full moon night. I tried some other night missions without full moon and it's pitch black. You can't see anything, therefore the use of flares during night missions are mandatory. I've tried a couple of times to navigate during night time settings on the jungle maps. You can't see shit. That will do for some good night attack missions by the NVA or NFL. But first before starting some new missions for Unsung I need to finish HOT first.

cheers

Thanks for that reply.

Anybody been to Vietnam? I've been to both North and South.

Flew in to South from Hong Kong and went straight south from the southern part of China for North Vietnam.

Now, don't get me wrong. I didn't go an do any bushwhacking or anything like that, but some of those areas on the banks of the Mekong are NOT FUN! I've been on the Mekong before.

Lots of Marsh areas and you know what that means? Three things:

1. Mud. Dirty stinky mud that you can't get your boots out of.

2. Mosquitos. I mean CLOUDS of those little fuckers.

3. Monkeys, and I mean the meanest damn bastard monkeys I've come across. Don't go swinging your wang wang out for a piss-a-poo......they'll grab it like it was a banana and rip it off.

I think they were trained by VC and have carried on the training through the generations

hahaha!!!

3. Monkeys, and I mean the meanest damn bastard monkeys I've come across. Don't go swinging your wang wang out for a piss-a-poo......they'll grab it like it was a banana and rip it off.

I think they were trained by VC and have carried on the training through the generations

I nearly spilled the water I was drinking on my keyboard. LOL: D

I kid you not. Look at those teeth!

They look like this little guy:

monkey-1_zpsff27abb9.jpg