Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 2.5 Released

I'm not sure what's causing this effect and since our vegetation guy is no longer around i don't think we can fix it

Oh okay.. Well its not a huge problem :)

There are at least 2 camp being made for this mod.

Stay tuned people!

does the AI in and ARMA 2 Unsung naturally get prone and act a bit suppressed under fire? Plus I notice they take cover behind trees and objects!

does the AI in and ARMA 2 Unsung naturally get prone and act a bit suppressed under fire? Plus I notice they take cover behind trees and objects!

Maybe they are scared :p

No enhancements to AI was made by us. Probably since the area is thick with so many objects AI has plenty of choices to take cover behind. Honestly i never noticed.

Maybe they are scared :p

No enhancements to AI was made by us. Probably since the area is thick with so many objects AI has plenty of choices to take cover behind. Honestly i never noticed.

We I hadn't played an arma game since arma 1. And when I heard about this mod I had to get arma oa. Just surprised at how much better the AI is than arma 1. In that cgame they just stood around like robots

Edited by crazyquick

IS there any way to make it so that only machine guns fire tracers and not rifles or smgs in Unsung? Thanks troopers!

Hi Savage and all, I am working to put together a mission based on the tet offensive as seen in Full Metal Jacket, with buildings set for NVA snipers. Are there any maps for UNsung that feature such buildings for a CQC recreation for Nam?

IS there any way to make it so that only machine guns fire tracers and not rifles or smgs in Unsung? Thanks troopers!

I believe colum made extra mags which don't use tracers have a look in the ammo boxes

Hi Savage and all, I am working to put together a mission based on the tet offensive as seen in Full Metal Jacket, with buildings set for NVA snipers. Are there any maps for UNsung that feature such buildings for a CQC recreation for Nam?

No. Not yet

Hi, im working on my compaign called "The Tour" here is intro:

...Unsung 2.5 is really awesome to making missions!!! Really good job boys! :dancehead:

Hi, im working on my compaign called "The Tour" here is intro:

...Unsung 2.5 is really awesome to making missions!!! Really good job boys! :dancehead:

Beautiful! Let me know if you need voice work, im african male adult if you need a voice like King from Platoon lol

Very nice, new campaign for Unsung. Soon we will have at least 3 campaigns for this mod or maybe even more. :)

Beautiful! Let me know if you need voice work, im african male adult if you need a voice like King from Platoon lol

Its cool, Now im working on story so when ill be done with dialogs ill tell you. Thanks ! :-)

We are working on an official campaign too still a lot of work yet but its great so many campaigns will be available :)

@johnnypoulag : Nice video mate ! :cheers:

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Yeah Savage I hope that your campaign will be for this 2.5 version. Some of us won't be getting arma 3

I have been working on a sandbox Vietnam style mission that involves a lot of spawning to reduce the amount of units on the map at any given time. I have been having some trouble with the DSAI module.

I'm guessing from experimenting with the DSAI module that it initiates when a game begins; I've found that if I place a group of BLUFOR and OPFOR on the map and hit Preview both sides speak. However if I start with a single unit (as I currently do in my mission) and spawn team members and OPFOR units after the game has started the DSAI does not seem to kick in, i.e. my team never speak and OPFOR say nothing. Interestingly I've noticed that I do get radio sounds for spawned RTOs and vehicles.

If I am right that the DSAI only initiates when a game begins is it possible to run a script to get it to initiate when I want? E.g. I have a trigger to spawn OPFOR at a village when BLUFOR approach. Can I trigger the DSAI module after the OPFOR are spawned to make sure they speak?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm having an error as well. Anyone false háve their weapon not fire in combat? Sometimes the darn thing won't fire. Even u I pick u another gun thus I have to restart the mssion

Yeah Savage I hope that your campaign will be for this 2.5 version. Some of us won't be getting arma 3

It is slated for A2 so don't worry , I am writing the story now and just waiting eggbeast to get some free time to make the actual missions. Von Knudenberg has also offered to help us out with cutscenes have a look here at his demo scene

Iu9AB177AXM

However if I start with a single unit (as I currently do in my mission) and spawn team members and OPFOR units after the game has started the DSAI does not seem to kick in, i.e. my team never speak and OPFOR say nothing. Interestingly I've noticed that I do get radio sounds for spawned RTOs and vehicles.

If I am right that the DSAI only initiates when a game begins is it possible to run a script to get it to initiate when I want? E.g. I have a trigger to spawn OPFOR at a village when BLUFOR approach. Can I trigger the DSAI module after the OPFOR are spawned to make sure they speak?

Thanks in advance for your help.

@Eggbeast, the DSAI should be working , the AI will only speak if in Danger , safe or careless modes only. Also only units that are part of a group will work , not individual placed units.

Already answered a few posts back ;) Its how it was setup by wolfrug, he might still be around the forums , send him a PM he might be able to help.

I'm having an error as well. Anyone false háve their weapon not fire in combat? Sometimes the darn thing won't fire. Even u I pick u another gun thus I have to restart the mssion

I haven't had this issue but try pressing "F" or switch weapon key ... it might fix your issue

ALSO!!! We have intel of a famous map that is being "Namarised" with plenty of waterways and detailed areas similar to Cao Bang by a well known map maker... ;)

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

wow lingor eh? good old IB.

sorry to be late with the evo - i tried a hurried port of the old mission to CB but there were problems, so rather than fix them on a 2 year old mission i decided to press on with the full mission revamp

just by way of progress (and i'm really sorry it's taking a while!) - I'm bringing together all of our systems into the new mission:

a) T menu support works but can be set to default off the air/artillery support when you're in unsung mod - i'd like to build your module into my modern missions too - will talk to you about that

b) silencers can be screwed on and off and bayonets as well with simple script

c) a small mod of ours brings in: ka-bar knife (throw or stab), explosive ammo, refueling with jerrycans, torches on weapons - white is making us a knife model at the moment

d) mission is being completely rebuilt with markers instead of units added at start, so that one mission on an island can load any mod (unsung, PRACS, RHS, duala units, lingor units, BAF, ACR, US, USMC, etc)

e) cockpit management dialog so pilots can load any role into any plane (7 roles - CAP, CAS, AGM, MR, BMB, LGB, SEAD) - this can be tweaked for unsung - suggestions?

f) modular ammo crates so for example you can load in unsung weapon crates (east and west) and/or normal crates (old suitable weapons only like makarovSD) and/or mod crates (e.g. RH M1911SD, and APS SD pistols are quite good)

g) ALICE2 civilians and ambient animals

some links to work underway

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154352-Eggbeasts-cockpit-loadout-selection-script

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143142-static-and-turret-weapons-improvements-HE-and-AP-ammo-searchlights

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154131-developing-missions-with-Unsung-mod-and-ALICE-ambient-animals-modules

Edited by eggbeast

The AI chatter really ads to the immersion of Sp missions, just a detail that makes a huge difference in mission atmosphere.

Even though some of the phrases don't always suits the situation very good :)

Really looking forward to those campaigns you guys are cooking up.

Don't forget to use the environmental loop sounds found under triggers->environmental in the editor they will add a little more immersion.

@Eggbeast I never said what island or what author ;)

Are there already SP missions or campaigns out there? Can't find some yet... TIA.

Very nice, new campaign for Unsung. Soon we will have at least 3 campaigns for this mod or maybe even more. :)

Are they all WIP?

Yes all campaigns are WIP. But you can find few SP or coop missions for unsung on armaholic. Few are made not to long ago.

Are there already SP missions or campaigns out there? Can't find some yet... TIA.

Are they all WIP?

i have some missions on armaholic (called.... rescue pilot, lost in the hell and hold the line)