Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 2.5 Released

made a SP mission for the mod named Bomb Road

see in user mission thread

Edited by Wiki

Ok when I get a chance I will upload a 7zip version too..if the installer is playing up

this is quality on GITS server, one thing i have to marvel at is the fact you created an almost human like player called arclight who finds almost every Punji trap.

WUTTT THUNG!!!!!!!!!!

ARGHHGHHH

Arclight was killed

Its brilliant :D

Hey! Im not a bloodhound! ;)

I thought I was your designated Pilot!

/Arclight

this is what one of our guys gets when he tries to install. all the others were absolutely fine, except for us all having different versions of CBA lol - I guess you changed this on the hoof?

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/unsungerror_zpsdf235dd9.jpg

Warning: this mod requires the old version of CBA, i.e. @UNS is incompatible with the latest version of CBA (@CAB_CO).

In any case running different versions of CBA prolly isn't the best idea ;)

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:04 ----------

Ok when I get a chance I will upload a 7zip version too..if the installer is playing up

Z-zip archive FTW.

I understand your and other TC mods' efforts (I44?) to facilitate the installation but if people can't extract a folder from a Z-Zip archive into their Arma2 folder and update the target line of their shortcut, then they need to read the readme. If they can't be bothered with the readme then they need to get BIS to simplify the installation of mods or else go play BF and/or CoD.

Thanks for new bugfixes/updates + Unsung does run with latest CBA update and latest beta builds (admins just have to make sure that everyone runs the same CBA). MBG Nam and S.E.A. look like some nice places to battle and R&R (someday you need to include surfin the waves + Col Lt Bill Killgore). Now who got a Nam server up this weekend so SGT_SAVAGE can be the Nam super-tour special-guide and Arclight as air target for training/practise? :tongue: ;)

Haha, clearly Arclight was meant to be in the air and not sniffing for traps on the ground.

Just had a go at Bomb Road. Clearly, I was not destined to be a pilot.

Also, are anyone else's Reflex Sight for the Huey Hog gunships off centre, slightly to the left? I'm not sure if it's just me. :p

sav - have you thought much about night time in unsung?

a while back we put a flashlight on the base class of several core rifles (AK_base, M16_base etc) to see what would happen in OA, and we have always played with it since. what it most does is adds a flashlight to all inheriting rifles, so the enemy AI (e.g. takistani) start patrolling and engaging at night instead of standing around cos they can't see. it also enables us to play without NVG and requires nothing more than a small config patch to work (like the backpack fix mod).

i'm thinking of making a patch that would add flashlights to all unsung weapons, to enable night ops... and ESPECIALLY enemy AI to operate and patrol at night time. what do you think? anachronous? unreal? sensible?

i'm thinking of making a patch that would add flashlights to all unsung weapons, to enable night ops... and ESPECIALLY enemy AI to operate and patrol at night time. what do you think? anachronous? unreal? sensible?

When I do night ops which I have done with a few friends of mine. I normally have the moon out which seems to work very well. Though we did have problems sometimes with at least one of them not able to see the moonlight, but I believe it was problems on his end. Though it was really fun when it was being played at night. Though sometimes the AI did have a few problems once in a while, but that was quite rare. I did these night-ops on MBG Vietnam and again. It proved quite useful and we didn't need Night-vision or any sort of flash light. You could look into that if you want to do night-ops or anything like that.

Another bug that was discovered: Huey reflex sites are nowhere near accurate

Possible bug:

Rockets from Law launcher fly very high. I put enemy APC 100m from me. I look through scope-100m and after shot rocket fly very high, dont hit target.

Tested with unsung 2.5+@cba,@cba_oa,@cba_a2 no other mods.

aim the LAW about half as high again as the height of the iron sight and its perfect every time

As stated there are inherit bugs and we are aware of all which have been posted , again these are not game breakers. The reason these issues have not been fixed is due to the fact we didn't have the relevant MLODS or manpower available to fix them before release. So anyone posting bug lists after this is only beating a dead horse. In Arma 3 we are taking a different approach and hopefully we can do something about it then. I personally wish we could have fixed these annoying bugs but it is what it is.

@ Eggbeast, we always focussed on reality , putting flash lights on the weapons is completely unrealistic and defeats the purpose of the mod in my opinion. We did include the night-scope for navigation. Using moonlight should suffice to move along. Having it pitch black well you can't see even if you are on Cherno...But its up to you mate....

But if you want to give AI a better chance maybe use blakes AIFO they fire illumination rounds and is much more realistic......

- Now who got a Nam server up this weekend so SGT_SAVAGE can be the Nam super-tour special-guide and Arclight as air target for training/practise? :tongue: ;)

I'll take you up on that offer if my ping isn't too high here in Aus.The GITS server in the UK is not playable for me with a ping of 360 + unfortunately :(

Sav

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

aim the LAW about half as high again as the height of the iron sight and its perfect every time

Yes i know i can/must target like that. It's annoying that i must remember that if enemy armor is 500m from me i must terget ~half as high through iron sights (~250m). But this is great mod so i can life with some small annoying bugs. :)

@Savage, a Install zip version would be great :) ...always trouble with the old installer :(

thx stephsen

What gets installed or modified outside the @UNS folder by the installer?

I've noticed some problem with US SF units. Some of them are available in the editor only through placing a groups. If I hit F1 and try to edit some of them they appear as OA German units in the unit menu (F1). And if I scroll to the Unsung SF units list there are only some of them (only armed with AR-15s, M60, M63 and Grease guns if my memory does not cheat me). Other units (armed with such weapons as BAR, Sterlings etc) are not visible in the 'Units' menu.

Nothing. I downloaded Unsung from Armaholic download. I install Unsung first to folder on desktop to be sure that installer dont change anything else. You can do the same. :)

Nothing , our mod is self contained. All it does is adds 2 mod folders to the root directory so you can play the mod.

I've noticed some problem with US SF units. Some of them are available in the editor only through placing a groups. If I hit F1 and try to edit some of them they appear as OA German units in the unit menu (F1). And if I scroll to the Unsung SF units list there are only some of them (only armed with AR-15s, M60, M63 and Grease guns if my memory does not cheat me). Other units (armed with such weapons as BAR, Sterlings etc) are not visible in the 'Units' menu.

If you are referring to the special forces A Team group the reason this is happening is that this group uses about 4 recon units "US advisors" *note the uniform is different . The rest is CIDG of the Independent side that's why you are not seeing them armed with BAR's etc in the SF list. Go to the independent side you will find the CIDG units there.

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Hey all,

I've uploaded an updated version of my mission, MACV SOG BDA Version 2, which is now UNSUNG R2.5 standard. Changed out a few things, most significant being the use of the UNSUNG in-built air support function originally from Gelaxo. That is the most useful module I have ever used. With it, I can get most of my team out alive and have longer firefights with the enemy.

Having great fun with this awesome mod!

If you are referring to the special forces A Team group the reason this is happening is that this group uses about 4 recon units "US advisors" *note the uniform is different . The rest is CIDG of the Independent side that's why you are not seeing them armed with BAR's etc in the SF list. Go to the independent side you will find the CIDG units there.

Thanks for the help:) I hadn't enough time to view all the units, so I'll test those at 'independent' side.

Love the improvements to the mod. But I cant seem to figure out how to get the virtual radio station to play through the RTO? Not only that, but when I preview MP editor mission it says I am missing UNS_Radio. Any suggestions?

Hi all I have real recorded gunsounds pack for unsung Vietnam mod, it will be released in a few days. What would be the best approach for me to upload it do that many ppl willhave access to it? Thanks

All our sounds are real so I don't know what you intend to release. Read your EULA for our mod you may be in breach ... Would have been nice if you would have least consulted us first before announcing it HERE in OUR thread ...

I will give you a bit le-weigh since your only new in the forums. If you intend to release a public sound conversion for any mod the authors permission must be first obtained. If its for your own personal use then that's fine.

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Hi all I have real recorded gunsounds pack for unsung Vietnam mod, it will be released in a few days. What would be the best approach for me to upload it do that many ppl willhave access to it? Thanks

If you need to use any material from Unsung mod, including unpacking or altering their files, it may be against their EULA or even against any agreement Unsung has with other mod makers to exchange assets. IP stuff is taken pretty seriously on the forum.

I would recommend contacting SGT_SAVAGE and attempting to come to some agreement before doing anything. For instance, if he gives you his classnames then you can create a sound pack for Unsung without altering or unpacking anything. If it's not possible to create a mod pack without unpacking the files, and SGT_SAVAGE doesn't give you permission, and then you release it anyway, you may in violation of the rules of content permissions. If that happens your links can be taken down and your account can be suspended.

All our sounds are real so I don't know what you intend to release. Read your EULA for our mod you may be in breach ... Would have been nice if you would have least consulted us first before announcing it HERE in OUR thread ...

I will give you a bit le-weigh since your only new in the forums. If you intend to release a public sound conversion for any mod the authors permission must be first obtained. If its for your own personal use then that's fine.

Trust me I have been modding sounds for 10+ years you will love them. How about I email the packi you and you may even decide to release it yourself as a part if the mod! The distinctive feature about my recorded sounds is the each weapon has that pop or crack that gun sounds have. And at long distances you can notice that firecracker pop pop effect of guns in the distance.