Sign in to follow this  
laxemann

Laxemann's Sound replacement mod (MX, Katiba, MK200, TRG) - ALPHA

qwshxywwsd58.png

(Clickable Image)

LSounds

By Laxemann

Hey Folks,

so I'm messing around with sounddesign at the moment and kinda felt like doing some gun sounds for ArmA, my first addon by the way.

I wouldn't say that they're mindblowing but I personally like them - and please keep in mind that I didn't

intended to be better than BIS or anyone else.

Features:

• Soundreplacements for the following rifles: MX-family, Katiba-family, MK200, TRG21/20

• All sounds are from actual recordings of firearms, mostly the real-life pendants of the A3 weapons

• Decreased Reverb, resulting in less/no flanging

• Shouldn't clip anymore

• The actual firing sounds are a bit more "mono", sounds more natural to me.

• Signed + Key

• Each weapon got it's own PBO so it's possible to leave a sound out if you don't like it.

Video:

>>DOWNLOAD<<

So yeah, tell me what you think if you feel like doing so,

hope one or another will enjoy them. ;)

Feel free to host it on wherever you want'n stuff.

Cheers!

• Like 1

I like the sound of the MK200 a lot. Do you think your sounds are more "authentic" in your personal opinion? By no means am I putting down the originals.

not easy to explain with my crap english: the original sounds more like real explosions, i feel the physical pressur of it. the reason maybe the less stereo sounds in your soundmod. But I like the characteristic of it.

Thanks guys.

@MasterDon,

I think it's very hard to say which sound of a fired weapon is more authentic, since the actual "bang" is nothing but a short explosion, the rest (reverb, echo) depends on the environment you're in...

However, when watching videos of actual firefights I think that the samples I used/the final product sounds more "authentic" or "lifelike" than BIS' original... but everyone got it's own taste :)

imo, need to work on increasing reverb and decreasing bass on the first one.

Good job!

Though, as the BI sounds are quite realistic and powerful, it is less a question of quality difference between yours and the original but more of a question of taste...

i like the general sound of them but the way you cut off the reverb is kinda strange. makes it sound really unnatural at the end.

the sounds are a step back to arma 2 imo, i like arma 3 defailt ones a lot. But im no way to insult the op or anything.

This is great mate :) good job.

The only thing i have to say is the MK200 sounds abit "off", cant say exactly what is wrong but its just "off" hehe.

Other then that, a serious firefight sounds amazing, truly, good job mate.

Thanks for the honest and more civilized feedbacks than the youtube ones :)

As I said, it was more a personal test and since fairly many people liked it I just went "Whatever, I release it".

Cheers!

As I said, it was more a personal test and since fairly many people liked it I just went "Whatever, I release it".

Cheers!

Np :)

I just removed the MK200 PBO, and kept the others ;)

Cheers!

Great to see a proper sound mod out already, thanks for the hard work.

That said this isn't my cup of tea, the reverb seems too quiet, and the sounds seem to build, getting louder as they go on, almost like a gunshot in reverse! ;)

Really nice mod! thanks! Combined with AlphaSounds make arma 3 way better!

They sound cool, great job! I like the originals better though, much fuller in my opinion.

Honestly there isn't much wrong with the stock gun audio, it's everything else that is jacked up. Incoming small arms and explosions needs to be completely overhauled.

I like the Mk200 sounds, they are heavy and very good.

But I'm not quite sure about the rest :/

Might have to try these out. Default sounds seem a bit 'sharp'. Especially the SMGs.

Hurt my ears when I have headphones turned way up (only way to play, right?).

Also, is that extra dust being kicked up I saw? Mod? Config?