[SP] Super Fun Happy Pack!

SUPER FUN HAPPY PACK

Author: Kebab

Title: Super Fun Happy Pack!

Download: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20180

Installation: Unpack into %/armadirectory/missions/

Requirements: None!

Notes:

With tons of multiplayer missions being released every day I figured that throwing some explosive singleplayer missions into the mix would not hurt. With less emphasis on realism and focus on short explosive singleplayer missions, these could hopefully keep you occupied during the time you wait for your friends to come online. I will make sure to release some “Super Fun Happy Packs†on a monthly/bimonthly basis, with an increasing amount of absurdity the more scripting I learn and with an increasing amount of explosion the more content the game gets. All missions are around the 10-20 minutes of gameplay, so you can fit them neatly in between the multiplayer matches and mayhem - where you aint looking for something serious!

Features:

• Cruel voice acting (currently done by me, but when game hits and possibilities expand, I’ll scrunch up a few decent voice actors)
  • Custom music tracks, so it isn’t only the eyes being pleased.
  • Dynamic (To such a degree that it can be kept under the 15 minutes gameplay).
  • One cutscene, lol, will be some emphasis on some action cutscenes in the next packs!
  • Actions, lots of action.

Mission Overview:

The Chase

thechase.jpg

Take the role of a chopper pilot trying to pass the test. The instructor is strict and the requirements out of this world. Are you ready for some of the toughest chopper training yet? Prepare for Lift-off!

Note: Experienced chopper pilots recommended! I made the map and I only get through it 70% of the time!

Spotter

spotter.jpg

An upcoming attack is encroaching upon Kamino Firing Range. Luckily, and ironically, they are lining up perfectly for you, the best spotter on Stratis. Relay the enemy position to your mortar team and stop the enemy attack in its tracks.

Note: Easymode, time to see things blow up!

Transporter

http://ordu.re/arma/transporter.jpg (121 kB) <- overload of pictures I guess.

Do you like helecopters? Who does not? In this mission you will delve into the tedious everyday workings of an experienced littlebird pilot. Tons of transport assignments have been planned, but with a little luck, our pilot will pull his littlebird through a bit more than just plain transport.

Note: Pretty easy, unless you expected life span hovers around the 10 seconds in a chopper.

Assassination

assassination.jpg

You have been selected to eliminate an Iranian officer inside the enemy stronghold of Girna. The only advantage you have... Nightvision. Eliminate the officer quietly and make your way out, failure in doing so, and it will be you against the entire village.

Note: Don't trust that default AI!

So It Begins

soitbegins.jpg

It is time to reclaim Stratis and push out the NATO forces, you are in the front row. Fly in with a chopper team and capture a strong point so the Iranian army can start their campaign on the island. (Uploaded before, but should now be 100% operational)

Note: Easy-Medium difficulty, but impossible to count the amount of bullets.

Known Issues:

- Lighthouse door in “Spotter†can be terrible hard to open - either restart mission or go back a 20 meters and fire a grenade at it, seems to work for some reason.

- Also in "Spotter", AI have a 1/10 tendency to flank in a bit too wide circle - So you might have to go hand in hand!

Feedback & Bugs always appriciated, have fun and good luck!

Edited by Kebab

Nice, ill try some of these tonight. Excellent to be able to hone some skills. Would you consider a classic spotter/sniper scenario too? I am thinking the intro of the Shooter movie if you know that one ....

-OP

Realy nice missions! I love your intros and the style how you put the player into the story.

Keep up your good work. :)

Pretty cool missions !

I've got a video of The Chase if anyone is interested

What.. It actually looks like you are using your keyboard to fly? How is this possible?! or is it just high sensitivity? :P Very nice, I knew I made that path to easy!

added armaholic link and images breaking due to my server being out of order until tomorrow :(

Yes using the keyboard and mouse. And yes the path to the right as you start is easier than the other one to the left, I managed to finish it two times but didn't record it

Good stuff, thanks!

I just tried the spotter mission, using CBA v1.00 beta3 revision 7, and it gives errors when giving artillery orders (no mortar shells are shot). You're probably already aware of this. Not sure if it's a CBA problem or whether your mission needs to be updated.

And I'm on the developer branch, I should probably mention.

My problem is to keep the speed of the instructor - I always overtake him or have too hard a time to bleed off speed quickly enough. Do you have a tip? Can I see if he's accelerating or decelerating?

Maybe I should just mod the mission to be 150 meters instead until I get better... :)