Sign in to follow this  
pawelkpl

seriously, there could be at least some simple chutes...

There could also be a lot less complaining about what is or isn't included in the alpha.

If this is about helicopters then sure, add chutes, but you should also be instantly killed when your body flies up through the rotating blades to simulate being diced to pieces.

just copy the parachute relevant pbos from arma 2

Dude I get that it's an alpha but the absence of variety doesn't motivate to playtest it anymore. And before you will jump on me with "stop demanding stuff" - I don't. I just state the fact.

If Kju didn't make his awesome mod I would've dropped alpha by now.

its an alpha play something else then!

I do and therefore I am not wining! they are working on the alpha and fixing the stuff that is already broken! Once that is done I am sure you get your new stuff!

Until then STFU and understand what an alpha means and stands for! Do I need to repeat it just in case: SHUT THE FRAK UP!

What's up with the hostility? Alpha or not, I was also surprised that there weren't any parachutes as well. That doesn't really make me want to quit though.

Dismissing people's thoughts with IT'S AN ALPHA doesn't really contribute to the discussion, as much as asking about missing content also doesn't.

Yeah I can get when "itz an alpha!!11" excuse is used for stuff like bugs, performance, etc

But using it every time no matter how valid the request is - is getting annoying.

People playing ArmA3 Alpha are still players, they are not QA tasked with capturing Mike26 1000 times to make sure it can be captured.

no vehicles in the game are compatible with parachuting so there's no reason to add it now.

Couldn't say they're not compatible, there's no files for them but there's a code for them.

Yeah as infantry, I'm always wearing a parachute!

Metalcraze, just use VTS mate and make as many varied missions as you want mate. Or even use AiA and use all your Arma2 content! No need to get on the attack.

Happy they left it out for now. It would just be another tool for griefers crashing helicopters into base and every mission would be full of burning crashed helicopters because of the BF3 thing where 1 person uses a helicopter to get to the AO and ejects. It would have crashed many of the public servers. Be patient, it will probably be included with the beta which is only 60/70 days away.

(PS: To stop the above you can simply spawn a pilot in the pilots seat if the player ejects above a certain height and have it fly to the edge of the map and delete)

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

I do agree that a chute is much needed, even in an alpha build.

Agree, could use one right now :p

Metalcraze, just use VTS mate and make as many varied missions as you want mate. Or even use AiA and use all your Arma2 content! No need to get on the attack.

Eh I've said that AiA is a great mod keeping my interest in Alpha going strong. I just don't like "this is an alpha" to shoot down any suggestion.

I just don't like "this is an alpha" to shoot down any suggestion.

How is this a suggestion? The full game will have parachutes. You are just complaining about the limited nature of the alpha build. If you're bored by a limited build, go do something else until the beta is released.

no vehicles in the game are compatible with parachuting so there's no reason to add it now.

One example is HALO insertions.

Yeah, but it's an Alpha. Just get used to the fact that you won't get everything, even if you say it's neccessary.

Seriously, there should be something more in the opening post to justify a thread. Also the following discussion doesn't really help to keep the thread open.