Sign in to follow this  
Lucasmnunesk

Help with modding

I have found the right place to post this, is there a way to move it there by myself? or only the moderators could do it?

Hello, i've a question about modding but i don't know if this is the right place to ask, so if it is wrong sorry but it looked like the most appropriate place to ask.

I've never had to mod anything so i'm pretty clueless about how it works, and i want to make a mod like STinteract for ArmA3, since STinteract requires ACE2 it can't be run on ArmA 3, but i have searched how to make mods for ArmA3 and could'nt find anything useful, most results were about installing mods, i've find something related with ArmA 2 but i don't know if it would work.

So if someone could point me to the right direction and help me just how to start i would be thankfull.

This is the link that i've found about modtools but they are for arma2:

http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/08/14/download-arma-2-mod-tools/

Do they work in ArmA 3? And if they do what kind of tutorial i should look for?

Thanks for your attention and sorry if i've made some mistakes, my english is not that great

Edited by Lucasmnunesk

To add to the topic, i wish mod- and mapping tools were easier to learn and work with for newcomers overall. And easier to install.

Hi Lucasmnunesk + zeep,

The ArmA2 Tools should work all in ArmA 3 Alpha. BI gave us very powefull tools in their SDK. They provide us with all that we need to make the thousends Addons that got released in the last Years. But you should have some basic knowlenge when you start with modding.

In your case you should start with some scripts. Those will also work when you pack them into a .pbo.

ACE is a very high level for a young Padawan, start it easy. The learning curve is very hard.

Script examples are everywhere in the forum and on other sides. Also you should read Mr. Murrays Editing Guide http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4847. It´s a great Guide. Written for ArmA 1 it´s still the way to go in the most parts.