Sign in to follow this  
Stoempie

How to set up a trigger to blow up a Radio tower?

Hey,

I'm new to the Editor and heve a lot of help from movie's i find on youtube but i want to make a mission where i need to blow up a radio tower in the map can someone explain me how to do that or create such a triggen so i can download and watch the example and how do i find the id's of the towers in the editor i think i need the triggen to make acht as to kill a person but then i need to now the id of the tower ( !alive "the id of the tower") i gues ?

Can somone help on this on please ?

try this:

1. create a trigger with the tower object inside its radius.

2. make sure its condition stays set as "this" "present"

3. in its on activation field put this: (thislist select 0) setdamage 1

4. group the trigger to the tower.

you can always add another condition such as radio trigger if you want or any other event you wish.

you forget point 4

you have to select group and group the trigger with the object you want to destroy

Yeah, just group the trigger to the object you want to destroy, then it will give you "Static Object" in the activation box, then just select "Not present." Leave "this" in the condition box and you really don't need anything in the OnAct unless you want the destroying of the tower to trigger something to happen. That's how I have two objectives in my mission set up and it works perfectly.

Yeah, just group the trigger to the object you want to destroy, then it will give you "Static Object" in the activation box, then just select "Not present." .

then nothing happens !! you have to select "present"

Works for me. Whenever I destroy it, it is not present anymore, and the trigger is triggered. Guess it depends on how you want to use it?

Ok it works for my like Banky say if i then put the text of line 3 the towe expode on it own. but just like Banky say works for me so i dont put the text in the OnAct box

Thanks all to help me out on this!