Sign in to follow this  
thdman1511

How to stop AI from respawning

I am currently designing an COOP mission, which has opfor as AI.

I have the following codes in my description.ext file

respawn = base;

respawnDelay = 15;

I play on the blufor, but when we kill an opfor AI soldier, he respawns, and we cannot end the mission.

I only have one respawn marker names Respawn_West in the blufor base. No markers are set in the opfor base.

Can someone advise me what I need to do, to make the AI not respawn after being killed.

I only want to stop the opfor AI from respawning, while the blufor AI can respawn.

If you don't have respawn_east marker, then enemy should't respawn. Are you running any scripts or something that could alter this behavior?

I dont have any other scripts running with the mission, I do have a description.ext file with the mentioned respawn coding. nothing more.

I stumbled across this old post as I was experiencing the same issue. I realized the problem when I was typing up another post to ask for help with this issue. Here is a possible fix. 
Make sure the AI units you don't want to respawn are not set to playable. Playable enemy AI units in my mission respawned on the respawn_west marker.  I didn't put a  respawn_east marker on the map, non playable units won't respawn. This worked for me.