Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, gatordev said:

 

Guys, I understand the difference between the two in real life.  But the original scenario that Strike_NOR stated (and restated above) was that it was a designator (ie, the "additem" was BIS_laserdesignator_whatever_it's_called).  My question (and one I haven't had time to answer in game) was does the vanilla designator only range when you activate the designator?  The RHS one doesn't work that way (I'm pretty sure), and I thought BIS made their work in a similar way.

 

Sounds like the RHS version and the vanilla version aren't the same...was just trying to confirm that.

If one is trying to give every system another functionalty one wil run out usable keys ona keyboard. A lot of fuction are simply on [T] now and it would not help the game to add another 5 unconvenent key combsos when RL there is only one button to press.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, en3x said:

yeah at this point they could he honest and say Not logistical issues haha. I wonder what is the reason for this funny remarks though.

 

Sometimes we indeed are preparing some package to hit the Dev-Branch, but most of the time it’s an issue caused by internal circumstances. For example, yesterday our data packing server woke up to a not so splendid morning and decided to pack vehicle data without any collisions applied. Due to this, QA spent the day testing a fix deployed by our mastering heroes, but unfortunately still found some cases of corrupted data. QA applied a red flag on the build and we did not release it.

 

Pure example of technical issues, without quotation marks. :elfbash:

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bis_iceman said:

 

Sometimes we indeed are preparing some package to hit the Dev-Branch, but most of the time it’s an issue caused by internal circumstances. For example, yesterday our data packing server woke up to a not so splendid morning and decided to pack vehicle data without any collisions applied. Due to this, QA spent the day testing a fix deployed by our mastering heroes, but unfortunately still found some cases of corrupted data. QA applied a red flag on the build and we did not release it.

 

Pure example of technical issues, without quotation marks. :elfbash:

 

I had no idea before explanation. Curiosity comes out because we have been experiencing this logistical comments more then ever before. I'm sure that won't be the case for a long time thought after DLC 2.0 Enfusion *wink* wink*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bis_iceman said:

pack vehicle data without any collisions applied

 

uu9pmDP.gif

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bis_iceman Thanks for the insight and transparent attitude :)

 

These things are nice to know, makes you appreciate that there are more cogs in the machinery that all come together before something is uploaded to the devbranch!

 

Looking forward to monday.

 

Have a great weekend!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dragon01 said:

No, it doesn't. The two functions are completely independent.

 

11 hours ago, Beagle said:

If one is trying to give every system another functionalty one wil run out usable keys ona keyboard. A lot of fuction are simply on [T] now and it would not help the game to add another 5 unconvenent key combsos when RL there is only one button to press.

 

So I'm confused...dragon01 is saying they're independent.  You're saying it should just be one button push.  Keep in mind, my intent wasn't to force a path forward one way or the other, just asking what the current vanilla system is.

 

FWIW, the system I work with in real life has two different button pushes, one for ranging and one for designating (albeit on the same "button"), so it's not an unfair question.  But I fear we've already gone off the rails at this point, so it's probably moot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't you run the game and try it? When rangefinder is equipped, [T] takes a range reading, and LMB toggles the designator laser. It's that simple. You can range regardless of whether the designator is on or off.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: Has there been an intended change to make enableDebugConsole not work in singleplayer?

 

I have used a simple mission for quick testing for ages, it always had enableDebugConsole=2 and it always had debug console available in singeplayer. Now the debug console simply doesnt show anymore. Why is that? It is really hampering me, as i can't just load up a mission via startup parameters , i always have to go in the main menu, select eden, select mission, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed that the Kajman can't equip DAGRs and DARs through the pylon settings. Could this be allowed, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're both NATO weapons, so it makes little sense. The Skyfire rocket is the DAR's CSAT equivalent, and it works pretty much the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dragon01 said:

They're both NATO weapons, so it makes little sense. The Skyfire rocket is the DAR's CSAT equivalent, and it works pretty much the same.

Well, NATO and AAF helos can equip Scalpels (which are CSAT missiles) so this restriction seems very arbitrary and inconsistent. Additionally, I'm pretty sure that Skyfires are way more potent than DARs (likewise, Scalpels are way more potent than DAGRs).

 

It's also fairly irrelevant which side the missiles belong to canonically, since as a mission maker I'd want to balance things as I see fit. These won't be default loadouts so it doesn't affect anything within BI's world-building, as far as first-party missions and campaigns are concerned. Beyond that I'm not sure why community made missions are supposed to conform to canon?

 

Finally this would also help with balance issues that the KotH folks were complaining about, regarding the Kajman + Scalpels.

 

p.s. the Orca's default loadout has always used DAGRs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I receive this error when finishing the first mission of Stepping Stone.  Current Dev branch.

As an aside, do I spy perhaps new tank fortifications?

 

7333791B954EF814D93ACDA52CBAFA62C267B40F

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

I receive this error when finishing the first mission of Stepping Stone.  Current Dev branch.

As an aside, do I spy perhaps new tank fortifications

 

 

Probably not for tanks themselves but as part of the DLC. I'd picture new tank traps and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't there already tank traps from the Malden terrain? They also have been used within the TacOps missions.

 

The a3_structures_F_tank part of the filename does hint towards tank dlc, though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no clue which thread to stick this in at this point, but I think this is the most appropriate. Here goes.


I was testing the DAGR and Scalpel with the Pawnee, Hellcat and Orca yesterday.

 

Pawnee

Spoiler

 

 

  • Can't seem to get a bore-sight lock with either missiles (i was mashing T and R while the crosshair was over the MRAP, in the video)
  • No HUD/painted crosshair makes it useless to have those guided missiles there at all
  • Maybe LOAL would be useful in this case? Although dangerous, since it could lock on to any heat source in the vicinity.
  • After looking through the slingload camera, the missiles start following the camera "laser" - i.e. they go straight downwards and operate in SACLOS mode.

 

Orca

Spoiler

 

 

 

  • bore-sight doesn't work, but moving the cursor over the target and pressing T selects the target and initiates lock (presumably when it's within seeker FOV).
  • this is confusing given that the HUD symbols seem to suggest the opposite, and lack of vehicle sensors.
  • If the missile seeker FOV is indeed that wide, maybe the HUD should suggest that?
  • Co-pilot has no HUD (intended?)
  • Co-pilot view is locked (as if controlling a non-existent camera) and free-look is disabled
  • The passenger door seems to have incorrect shadows cast on it from the main rotor.

 

Hellcat

Spoiler

 

 

 

  • Bore-sight doesn't work
  • Cursor lock works (see comments from Orca regarding this)
  • Co-pilot camera can lock (which is nice)
  • SACLOS doesn't work with co-pilot camera (which is odd given what happens with the Pawnee)
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is necessary to do something with the fall of the FPS, the view from the optical sight. Fall of FPS by more than 50%.

Reproduced on any optical system.

Need to create a new ticket? Is this part of this ticket ?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T59083

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lex__1 said:

It is necessary to do something with the fall of the FPS, the view from the optical sight. Fall of FPS by more than 50%.

Reproduced on any optical system.

Need to create a new ticket? Is this part of this ticket ?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T59083

 

 

Probably something to do with the way particles work maybe? Maybe the muzzle flash itself causes the drop? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

 

Probably something to do with the way particles work maybe? Maybe the muzzle flash itself causes the drop? 

This and / or the muzzle flashes. If you break the muzzle flash proxy on a weapon, it'll lag your game to shit if you zoom in on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Night515 said:

This and / or the muzzle flashes. If you break the muzzle flash proxy on a weapon, it'll lag your game to shit if you zoom in on it.

it's most likely muzzle flash that cause that fps drop. They are using multiple layers of textures with alpha which are quite demanding for game to render. There were some attempts to improve it (i.e. Blackfish 105mm cannon flash was tweaked) but I guess it's too late to get some engine solution for it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @reyhard can you check out the flag on the Marshall by chance? ForceFlagTexture doesn't seem to work on it and I am not a fan of doing them old school hacky flag solutions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lexx said:

Hey @reyhard can you check out the flag on the Marshall by chance? ForceFlagTexture doesn't seem to work on it and I am not a fan of doing them old school hacky flag solutions.

It's fixed in internal build for some time already

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all the good it does us with your build server on a fritz... :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant seem to remember it being mentioned, but will the lod bug mentioned here be fixed in the next update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rich_R said:

I cant seem to remember it being mentioned, but will the lod bug mentioned here be fixed in the next update?

Yes, it's already fixed on devbranch

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, reyhard said:

Yes, it's already fixed on devbranch

 

Awesome news!

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×