w00t, more config options for physx  :don11:

Very much looking forward for the documentation of that.

22 minutes ago, x3kj said:

w00t, more config options for physx  :don11:

Very much looking forward for the documentation of that.

Let's hope the docu won't get lost in space before it's added to the wiki. I heard that has happened quite often ;)

20 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Let's hope the docu won't get lost in space before it's added to the wiki. I heard that has happened quite often ;)

Nah, it wont :P

• Like 3

On 9/28/2017 at 8:40 AM, SuicideKing said:

Small request:

Could we please get get the unfinished/unreleased camo textures as classes? i.e. OPFOR-Russian uniform, BLUFOR-woodland and BLUFOR-sage uniforms, etc. Could name them something like

U_B_CombatUniform_woodland_unfinished

so that they're not confused for final production releases.

Currently we have to use setObjectTexture and remoteExec it (since setObjectTextureGlobal has proven unreliable). It would save some network traffic and produce far less locality headaches than it does at the moment.

On a related note, could we please be allowed to set NATO skins for the Strider and Gorgon from the "edit vehicle appearance" editor module? Need to do the same setObjectTexture thing for them as well. I had made a ticket about this, too: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123252

An easier method for setting the Strider and Gorgon to have the NATO olive drab 'skin' is to use the Virtual Garage from the main menu, select the skin and use the Export function.  Then open your mission in the editor, open the Edit Vehicle Appearance and select the Import button.  It will assign the skin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

An easier method for setting the Strider and Gorgon to have the NATO olive drab 'skin' is to use the Virtual Garage from the main menu, select the skin and use the Export function.  Then open your mission in the editor, open the Edit Vehicle Appearance and select the Import button.  It will assign the skin.

Ah, thanks. I had once hit export and then pasted the code into the strider's init, but seemed to amount to the same thing. Didn't think of using import. That said, it's still more tedious than doing it in editor while making a mission...

I'd say that's a bug. The camo should be available in Eden and the VA when entered from the main menu.

• Like 2

Darter and Tayran, military AR-2 UAV, should have NV on the pilot's camera. Ticket closed, the issue is not resolved. ???

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126684

AI gets stuck, and will not execute any commands, in some sequence.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126782

Excuse me for my English, I use an electronic translator. If steps in the ticket are not clear, in this video all the steps of the command for the AI in the chat line.

Give the AI any command at a time when it heals itself.
AI will get stuck in the animation of healing and can not execute any commands. Can not even turn in any direction.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SuicideKing said:

Ah, thanks. I had once hit export and then pasted the code into the strider's init, but seemed to amount to the same thing. Didn't think of using import. That said, it's still more tedious than doing it in editor while making a mission...

how is setObjectTextureGlobal unreliable? I've been using it for years with zero issues

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

how is setObjectTextureGlobal unreliable? I've been using it for years with zero issues

It tends not to work in MP from client init (HC or player). Some people don't see textures. Only way i've managed to set textures reliably is by using setObjectTexture and remoteExec-ing it with JIP set to true. Usually works okay from the server. People have also tried working around it by setting the textures multiple times in a row, but that's an inefficient way to do it imo. I've also had some success by using a one-second sleep before calling the command, although again, not been reliable, so i stick to setObjectTexture + remoteExec.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SuicideKing said:

It tends not to work in MP from client init (HC or player). Some people don't see textures. Only way i've managed to set textures reliably is by using setObjectTexture and remoteExec-ing it with JIP set to true. Usually works okay from the server. People have also tried working around it by setting the textures multiple times in a row, but that's an inefficient way to do it imo. I've also had some success by using a one-second sleep before calling the command, although again, not been reliable, so i stick to setObjectTexture + remoteExec.

My guess is that It's not directly "unreliable", but just the way the command works. It broadcasts the information once to all clients - In the beginning of a round, not every client finishes the initialization at the same time, meaning the command won't have any effect or simply not be received. So, you're right - A remote exec will be the most reliable solution.

4 hours ago, laxemann said:

My guess is that It's not directly "unreliable", but just the way the command works. It broadcasts the information once to all clients - In the beginning of a round, not every client finishes the initialization at the same time, meaning the command won't have any effect or simply not be received. So, you're right - A remote exec will be the most reliable solution.

Yeah, that's what I/we (other mission makers in the community) were suspecting too. Probably why sleep-ing for a few seconds tends to improve reliability as well...

Current Dev branch has the PiP internal screen and right hand side mirrors of the Strider non-functional.  They're just black.  Left hand side mirrors are functional.

4 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Current Dev branch has the PiP internal screen and right hand side mirrors of the Strider non-functional.  They're just black.  Left hand side mirrors are functional.

Only unarmed one? If yes, then it should be fixed tomorrow

• Like 1

Speaking of PIP, does anyone know how to fix this bug:

Spoiler

R033cQo.jpg

My PiP setting is disabled and normally you should have just a black screen on PiP monitors, but I'm getting various glitches instead. As pictured above, as a gunner in hunter GMG/HMG screen is transparent and you see glitched driver.

I am sure there's some workaround for this bug because I encountered it before and managed to fix it, through I don't remember how.

Hmmm. I started up ArmA for the first time since maybe 2 weeks. I'm on dev branch and vanilla ArmA without mods, placing a unit on Malden... ArmA runs at ~20 FPS (with my settings and just one unit usually >60 FPS). Something is wrong, is it just me? Process Explorer shows me, it's running on 100% GPU.

GPX970/i7-2600k/8GB RAM/SSD

EDIT: Now it worked for whatever reasons. Then I alt-tabbed out and back in, goes down to 20 fps 100% gpu. Also, 8 GB of RAM is becoming a problem here... 5 GB occupied by ArmA. Will go back to stable.

I hope whatever fake forces are applied to tanks by default now on acceleration can be disabled... my tanks occasionally lift their front up until they fall over backwards when trying to start moving from stand still. But not always, 66-75% they come up with the front a little bit before moving normally.

The tank track animations (the track texture that is moved along the track model) behaves completely eratically at times since recently as well.

When driving forward with steady speed, the animation speed is not always steady - it can slow down and get faster at random. In general track speed is too slow compared to before. Right and left side move very differently, even when traveling straight forward - very observable at low speeds (e.g. uphill). When driving slowly sometimes one track stops moving. When driving reverse and turning, the wrong side is animated at times.  I've also had it glitch out, where the left track would rotate backwards when driving forward, and also continue rotating a short time after the tank was stopped at much faster speed then it should be. I assume the glitch was related to beeing catapulted again on normal terrain during turning. It is not gone.

Track texture inconsistency is less noticeable on vanilla tanks because their track textures are pretty poor and too greebly to notice anything and are sometimes barely visible. It's there nontheless.

Who can explain the function in menu - "support", what is it and what is it intended for?
And associated glare of the screen (when I take over control of the shooter's camera), the lack of the ability to use UAV fully, after using the function in menu type - "support" - what it all means.                                        

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120280

After inclusion the support type, all UAV sit down on soil. Change of type "support" works (other type UAV options, are activated in the UAV menu), but it doesn't change behavior of UAV, the behavior of UAV will be as in type "support".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lex__1 said:

Who can explain the function in menu - "support", what is it and what is it intended for?
And associated glare of the screen (when I take over control of the shooter's camera), the lack of the ability to use UAV fully, after using the function in menu type - "support" - what it all means.                                        

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120280

After inclusion the support type, all UAV sit down on soil. Change of type "support" works (other type UAV options, are activated in the UAV menu), but it doesn't change behavior of UAV, the behavior of UAV will be as in type "support".

isnt it for the new drones (medical and cargo) to have them land where desired so peopel can access the inventory or heal action?

7 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

isnt it for the new drones (medical and cargo) to have them land where desired so peopel can access the inventory or heal action?

This type of behavior has been made long ago and wasn't related to future release of DLS. The problem is more that there is no getting out of behavior of UAV if this type of behavior has been chosen accidentally, by mistake. It turns UAV into the useless and uncontrollable device.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

You'd think though that it would work with every drone then? Send a UGV drone or whatever it is packed with Meds/Ammo or whatever to the AO. Why does it have to be exclusive to IDAP stuff? 

The above is providing you're right about the intentions of the waypoint. 

Just now, lex__1 said:

This type of behavior has been made long ago and wasn't related to future release of DLS. The problem is more that there is no getting out of behavior of UAV if this type of behavior has been chosen accidentally, by mistake.

AI is kind of a legacy feature from prior titles unfortunately, as it would be pretty simple to add into the engine a "cancel any active landing routines" when placing a new non-landing waypoint. in scripting-land, its as simple as:   

<uav> land 'none';

but i dont know how to help with this one

50 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

AI is kind of a legacy feature from prior titles unfortunately, as it would be pretty simple to add into the engine a "cancel any active landing routines" when placing a new non-landing waypoint. in scripting-land, its as simple as:   

<uav> land 'none';

but i dont know how to help with this one

UAV has a land type, this function well works, and can be used as support for delivery of objects. There is a question - why the support type is necessary? or this function needs correction.
But, as I wrote above, there is the second problem of this type of behavior. He breaks UAV, to reuse UAV, in the following, other tasks - not perhaps.

I have even no guess that it is "support" type for UAV. What ability of BIS wanted to realize on this type.
Now it is similar to type - "suicide" , but that that has gone not correctly, and UAV still partially works))

Support is just another waypoint type, you can read more about it here.

I don't remember using this in Arma 3, but in OFP, there were missions that used this feature, where you as tank crew would request support from trucks waiting in the back.

If my memory serves me well, the command number combo to enter that menu was was something like 5->1->[support type].

In this video, at around 6:58, you can see Yankee Black 1 call for support and Golf Black 1, which is waiting at the support waypoint, replies to their call and arrives sometime later.

So the intended behavior probably is, that if you have a medical drone with a support waypoint, it would go there and wait for the call, then move to whoever requested medical support until they signaled that the support is done.

• Like 1