23 hours ago, x3kj said:

This was already the case long before, but the recoil was determined only by the projectile "damage stats" - so not really tweakable.

That would be great, thanks

So recoil assumes that hit = 13 equals to 0.5kg (so i.e. hit = 650 equals to 12.5kg). After that, force is calculated by following code force = mass * shotInitSpeed & it's applied to the vehicle as a vector opposite to the gun direction. On top of that there new parameter which is a factor to it. I hope that it clears some stuff up ;)

• Like 6

The new carrier objects look amazing. Could you guys make the towing tractor an actual vehicle? Please? It doesn't even need to have any towing functionality out of the box (though that would be amazing), that could be done by mods or scripts. 

Also, I saw mention of new soundtrack, but I can't find any new songs in Eden.

Towing tractor as a vehicle would be so cool! But, afraid it won't become a transport.

Also, it would be very good to have orchestral music in game, not just as a Deluxe-edition exclusive. It is sounds splendid and would fit well!

3 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Also, I saw mention of new soundtrack, but I can't find any new songs in Eden.

Type utils 4 in debug console and execute, this will open jukebox. Scroll down to the end, the last 3 tracks are Jets DLC (Fighter Jets track is amazing). 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Utilities

• Like 2

I noticed that tripwire mines do not work anymore with Dwarden's latest performance .exe (1.72 V1)

Can anyone confirm this on Dev-Branch?

Is it just me, or is the new LCOS piper "jumpy"? It seems like it's updated every second or so. Still more accurate than the old method, but it doesn't feel right.

BTW, the latest cannon updates work great. I was able to bring down a Wipeout with Shikra's cannon in just a few short bursts. Black Wasp took a bit longer against a Neopheron, but that might have been due to me not noticing it's been shot down (for some reason, I haven't seen it pop the top).

Just please stop calling the Vulcan a minigun...

Nice to see so many devs joining in the conversation, and so often.

Sound suggestions:

Buzzard cannon seems to be too loud, even in first person, it seems as if sound is coming from inside the closed cockpit.

I'm certain that pilot sitting inside the cockpit with his helmet on, would not hear this as loud.

I believe that audio warnings in aircraft would increase immersion.

If adding " enunciating voice " is too demanding, maybe just have a range of different beeping and buzzing warnings for new radar contact, approaching ground and damage.

Gameplay-wise  adding those new sounds might confuse some players and take away from the simplicity.

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to use the new feature " Added: An icon to the pylons settings to change the owner pilot / gunner of a weapon" with the Hellcat? If assigned to gunner/co-pilot I can't change weapons to ASRAAM or skalpels so copilot can't use them? EDIT - actually seems to change the owner to one of the door gunners rater than gunner each time!

Cool feature if functional - DARs back to the pilot as it should be and greater flexibilty. Other issue seems that if you assign DAGR to pilot of Blackfoot as soon as you lock to engage target your gunner will open up with the cannon even if ordered "hold fire"

BIS Dev's - any plan to implement some form of aiming assist for the guided weapons for co-pilots without a targeting cam? Thinking of Pawnee and Hellcat especially - lot of guess work involved but glad of the ability. In third person we seem to get the "Diamond" so could that be implemented in 1st person?

Cheers

4 hours ago, petek said:

Has anyone been able to use the new feature " Added: An icon to the pylons settings to change the owner pilot / gunner of a weapon" with the Hellcat? If assigned to gunner/co-pilot I can't change weapons to ASRAAM or skalpels so copilot can't use them? EDIT - actually seems to change the owner to one of the door gunners rater than gunner each time!

Cool feature if functional - DARs back to the pilot as it should be and greater flexibilty. Other issue seems that if you assign DAGR to pilot of Blackfoot as soon as you lock to engage target your gunner will open up with the cannon even if ordered "hold fire"

Click the button several times. It'll scroll through both door gunners, the gunner and the pilot. There should be a tooltip telling you which one is selected.

27 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Click the button several times. It'll scroll through both door gunners, the gunner and the pilot. There should be a tooltip telling you which one is selected.

Hi dragon01 - thanks for replying. The issue seems to be it reverts to the door gunner from the gunner each time.

cheers

Speaking of; that new system with Dynamic Load outs that lets you pick if the gunner/pilot gets the weapon is something the community has been asking for for YEARS.

Fantastic work and I can't wait to see it on stable branch.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Speaking of; that new system with Dynamic Load outs that lets you pick if the gunner/pilot gets the weapon is something the community has been asking for for YEARS.

Indeed, have wanted it for the Kajman for a long time now!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

It will be nice when it is implemented in vanilla via BIS, but you can do that right now with Scripts/Mods that have been built:

22 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

It will be nice when it is implemented in vanilla via BIS, but you can do that right now with Scripts/Mods that have been built:

Having it in editor is way more convenient than having to use

addWeaponTurret

for the pilot and

removeWeaponTurret

for the gunner....

• Like 1

Did something change with vehicles and waypoints again?

Noticed that my vehicle starts to act all weird once I've set a completion radius in the waypoint settings. Stops, moves forward, backwards, sometimes even tries to return as if it can't reach the position. This only happens if the completion radius is something else than 0.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lexx said:

Noticed that my vehicle starts to act all weird once I've set a completion radius in the waypoint settings. Stops, moves forward, backwards, sometimes even tries to return as if it can't reach the position. This only happens if the completion radius is something else than 0.

I also noticed that boats are almost stopping at waypoints you can hear the engine slow right down for a few seconds.

This is really annoying when they're set to fast and they keep slowing.

8 hours ago, lexx said:

Hi there, I checked on Hunter, Marshall and Prowler, didn't see any issues. Can you please send me more details or repro mission? (can be by PM)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, klamacz said:

Hi there, I checked on Hunter, Marshall and Prowler, didn't see any issues. Can you please send me more details or repro mission? (can be by PM)

I checked on Hunter, Marshall and Prowler on the current 1.73.142267 devbranch right now,

every one of them slows down to almost a halt when approaching a waypoint (with default completion radius), no matter if moving towards the next waypoint does require a direction change or not.

Changing the waypoint radius makes all vehicles come to a short stop (0.1-0.3 seconds on quadbike, 0.5 to 1 second on hunter) using the same waypoints as before, vehicles also tend to steer left/right after coming to a halt for a bit at each waypoint.

Didn't notice any forward/backward moving though.

Cheers

So this is regarding stable branch, but i haven't seen any related dev updates since 1.72 hit stable.

The centurion still behaves really weirdly, even with EMCON forced active:

1. it refuses to engage radar contacts
  2. shuts off its radar after a while
  3. uses its visual sensor to lock once target is ~2km from it
  4. it turns on its radar after it's started to acquire a lock; you get a lock warning even though there's no radar detected.
  5. then fires one missile after another with very little time between both

The problem with 5 is that by the time you've dealt with one missile, 1 or 2 more are on the way. It seems a bit unrealistic too, IRL a SAM probably wouldn't waste so many missiles on a single target. Additionally, depending on guidance systems, not sure if the system can lock a target if it's still guiding the last missile.

As for the rest try this:

1. Spawn a centurion with ECON active on Altis international airport, point it south.
  2. Place plane over the ocean, slot pilot.
  3. Give yourself a waypoint to the airport so you can see the distance easily
  4. Fly straight at it, monitoring your passive radar sensor.

Observe the detected radar's behavior, and when you get engaged.

The other very detailed complaints I have are regarding a variety of issues, mostly related to MP and locality, that break certain features and are very frustrating. These are very old issues, would be great to see them fixed with 1.74.

1. Locality issues regarding the commander's smoke launcher on vehicles. If the commander gets in after the driver, he/she can't deploy smoke. Ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123828
  2. Locality issues relating to repair vehicles. If both the repairing vehicle and the vehicle being repaired are slotted by one or more people, the repair fails in a MP environment. Tested on dedicated server. Details here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123829
  3. The Kajman flips (and can potentially explode) under certain conditions in MP with AFM enabled for the pilot, if prospective passengers bump into the helicopter.  https://feedback.bistudio.com/T83910. note that all helos appear to exhibit some characteristic of this issue, except it is most pronounced and deadly with the Kajman.

Among less pressing issues (also related to stable branch, that I do not think have been fixed yet on dev branch):

1. Active radar symbol persists on display, after radar source has been destroyed https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126017
  2. Triggers continue to check the condition even if the condition is already true, and the trigger is not repeatable. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126013
  3. Dynamic Simulation turns the lights of empty vehicles on, when the vehicles are on the dedicated server https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126014

I have several other tickets, some relating to sounds in structures, let me know if you want me to list them too :P

Cheers

• Like 3

Missile Trolley and Bomb Trolley are good prop, but there are few disappointing things...

• How about OPFOR missiles and bombs, AGM or rockets?
  • Relating to above, how about change weapons just like Dynamic Loadout?
  • It is good if feature of removing a missile or bomb from trolleys.
  • Single Missile Trolley is needed for Armament Display.
  • Like 2

Any news on that Apex SP campaign overhaul? I've just bought Apex and it is just as bad as they say. I think this could be much more enjoyable if it was converted to proper SP setup (or at least given a few bots...).

• Like 5