9 minutes ago, Strike_NOR said:

I just realized Ababil-3 backwards nearly spells "Ali Baba" :p

coincidence?

Considering the Fenhuang is the actual PLA CSAT variant, no. 

20 minutes ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

The Fenhuang isnt a variant its a full blown different model.

Equivilant*, variant", same difference. It's their version of a prop UAV in the armaverse. The Former is the Farsi speaking CSAT version.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Armed Orca is still broken on stable. (Radar and Dagrs don't operate as intended)

Thanks for the feedback, we will look into it. 

• Like 1

Hey,

Any infos on an upcoming x64 update for linux servers ?

7 hours ago, Karloff said:

Thanks for the feedback, we will look into it. 

What about armed WY-55? It's broken too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kill mig said:

Is there a ticket?

While talking about the WY-55 ... is the ai issue still a thing? Like, does the helicopter still not attack anything?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, lexx said:

While talking about the WY-55 ... is the ai issue still a thing? Like, does the helicopter still not attack anything?

Yes unfortunately.

It was attacking me last night. Both when on the ground AND when trying to shoot one down with a 20m gunpod Greyhawk :)

No scripting required, I simply placed a Hellcat down with a S&D waypoint.

On 30. 3. 2017 at 0:37 AM, darksidesixofficial said:

Armed Orca is still broken on stable. (Radar and Dagrs don't operate as intended)

Orca has lost its Radar in 1.68 a bit prematurely yc5LXSy.gif. However it is still possible to pick targets for DAGRs by directly aiming at the target and pressing "T".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kill mig said:

13 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Is there a ticket?

11 hours ago, lexx said:

11 hours ago, wiki said:

Yes unfortunately.

Solving of AI in WY-55 Hellcat is in progress. Thanks for the catch! :)

• Like 6

On 3/29/2017 at 8:10 PM, Strike_NOR said:

coincidence?

Etymology. From Arabic أَبَابِيل (ʾabābīl, “tiny birds”), described in the Qur'an as dropping red clay bricks on the army of elephants, sent by the king of Yemen to attack the city of Mecca, in the year (571 AD) when the prophet Muhammad was born.

not sure but I think the Iranian army actually uses this word for some of their arsenal (not sure if it is for missiles/planes etc.) therefor I suspect the name was inspired by these equipments.

im not got star another post since this is kinda off topic but for those interested in what some of the other names mean or relate to:

IFRIT:

The Efreet (also ifrit, afreet, afrit, or afrite, Arabic (male) ʿifrīt/عفريت or Arabic (female) ʿifrītah/عفريتة) was a demonic fire spirit from Arabian mythology.

MARID:

Marid (Arabic: مارد‎‎ mārid) is an Arabic word meaning rebellious, which is sometimes applied to supernatural being like Djin/Devil/genie

Edited by eviltool
  • Like 7

On 3/30/2017 at 3:10 AM, Strike_NOR said:

coincidence?

It references to this  

Elephant/tanks, birds/drones. It does make sense.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eviltool said:

Etymology. From Arabic أَبَابِيل (ʾabābīl, “tiny birds”), described in the Qur'an as dropping red clay bricks on the army of elephants, sent by the king of Yemen to attack the city of Mecca, in the year (571 AD) when the prophet Muhammad was born.

not sure but I think the Iranian army actually uses this word for some of their arsenal (not sure if it is for missiles/planes etc.) therefor I suspect the name was inspired by these equipments.

im not got star another post since this is kinda off topic but for those interested in what some of the other names mean or relate to:

IFRIT:

The Efreet (also ifrit, afreet, afrit, or afrite, Arabic (male) ʿifrīt/عفريت or Arabic (female) ʿifrītah/عفريتة) was a demonic fire spirit from Arabian mythology.

MARID:

Marid (Arabic: مارد‎‎ mārid) is an Arabic word meaning rebellious, which is sometimes applied to supernatural being like Djin/Devil/genie

Yes and I add to that than the marid is an Amphibians djin and Efreet is an earthly djin ,

and It is for this reason the marid in the game is amphibians vehicule , and the ifrit is a land vehicule

and the last spaces of djin is a silf its a flying djin 

and for us musulman its not mythology but a reality , Can not be seen touch or hear , its like the world of radio or electromagnetic wave...ect

• Like 3

Not sure what on earth happened, but the Buzzard cannot even take off from the Aéroport de Tanoa without hitting everything at the runway. 

6 hours ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Not sure what on earth happened, but the Buzzard cannot even take off from the Aéroport de Tanoa without hitting everything at the runway. 

It is still possible however it's a lot harder than it used to be.

On 3/31/2017 at 6:37 AM, lexx said:

This is no longer as serious an issue, they were sort of fixed in 1.68. not as good as they used to be a year ago, but better than pre 168

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

It is still possible however it's a lot harder than it used to be.

It's impossible running up straight center runway, with flaps in any position. You will 100% hit the yellow posts and die at the end, either instantly or by gear clipping it. Only way I took off was by angling to the right where there is minimal objects. For a main runway this size, Buzzard needs a slight tweak... unless it's intended. Perhaps hope for flaps finally working? As on take off they have nearly no effect.

I've had the same problem but on smaller runways with the Buzzard, it didn't seem to go over about 160km/hr before the runways ended. Also although I like the new percent applied throttle in Jets, how does one now land? I'm having a hard time reducing speed to land and end up gliding over the runway, flaps or no flaps.  

I found landing much more realistic. As long as your throttle is at zero, your braking should be fine. Make sure you reduce speed ahead of time, and come in with a proper approach. You can probably still speed land, but it's simply take more skill now. Practice.

Though the Take off is ok, it needs a tweak to be just a bit more light on take off. Just by a few meters. The Buzzard isn't a STOL aircraft, that I'm aware of, so it shouldn't be as capable as aircraft like the Gripen  (Gryphon) which irl is designed with taking off and landing on extremely short runways and roads in mind. But should still be capable to take off from Tanoa' s main airfields without smashing the runway lights at the end.

• Like 1

I have no doubt that its more realistic but what do you do to reduce speed? Reducing throttle to 0% seems to maintain your current speed and attempting to reduce altitude requires a nose down approach which increases speed. The only other way I've found to reduce speed is to bank and turn which is of no use when attempting to make a straight on approach. 

Are their any air brakes? If so how do you turn them on/off?

There's a separate keybind for deploying the airbrake now, instead of how it was before where the aircraft would automatically deploy the brake when throttling down.

It might still be called wheel brake in the Plane controls menu though

Not sure if this is a bug, so looking for confirmation before I report anything...

Since the Artillery Module was supposedly fixed, I should be able to order artillery (or mortars) to fire more than one round at a time.  However, as of Thursday (haven't tried Friday's update), when I ask for support, I only get one round on target (this is with a mortar).  It's very accurate, but only one round.  Is anyone else seeing this?  Admittedly this was on a 3rd party map via CUP, but I'm not thinking that would effect the actual salvo number.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

There's a separate keybind for deploying the airbrake now, instead of how it was before where the aircraft would automatically deploy the brake when throttling down.

It might still be called wheel brake in the Plane controls menu though

That worked like a charm, thanks Da12thMonkey. It was bound to nothing to start with but now works great! It gives landing a enjoyable extra challenge, as opposed to being almost impossible when I didn't have a brake. 

• Like 1