For the love of god, could you finally disable autoreporting for player controlled units?

It's so annoying being in a player group and still have the AI report targets and ask for orders etc....

Yes please.

I was playing/editing the new ALiVE QuickStart on Tanoa yesterday and when I spawned at my own base, it's "Tank! 600 meters, just up ahead. Infantry. 75 meters, north. Attack boats, just up ahead."

And not one or the other. All three in quick succession right at mission start. I mean, what the ever loving hell? And worst of all these are FRIENDLY units!!!!

so assume the auto reporting is intended to do the job of reporting enemies to your AI squad mates? i feel there is a middle ground missing. because what if you want it to automatically report stuff when you are with AI but don't (obviously) when you are with real humans? feels dumb to have to go switch the difficulty setting for each mission. also that begs the question who can actually change that. only the host? (i should probably go ingame and check :lol:)

so i still feel it's a bug when you are only with players since it should be intended to use chat, map markers and your voice to report enemies not to mention the actually effort of spotting them first.

i know there's ways to get rid of radio via script and stuff. but this is one of those issues that should be handled by default because in many cases you can't edit things nor influence difficulty yourself (still need to check that). as in not being the local host, maker of the mission or server admin.

• Like 1

I dunno guys but from a BTDT Vet, and still doing it, communications is essential to maintain command and control and situational awareness, honestly, I'd be more pissed off if they didn't report anything, it's weird, people want some sort of realism, then ask for a battlefield gaydar that does a tactical ping,to know where their team mates are :rolleyes: :o  I mean what the fuck guys, it's not "Hunt for Red October" this is where good battlefield communications comes into it.

If any of you ever done forward vehicle in a convoy, in a hostile environment, you're never off the radio calling fast/slow/erratic vehicles, calling out potential threats often 500M's out, when I'm lead, it's almost a running commentary from the minute we leave the base camp till we get to the task location, RTC's have been avoided using this method, it lets EVERYONE in the call sign have situational awareness, please tell me nobody thinks that's a bad thing, or an unnecessary thing?

• Like 4

Making it optional is the only way, beacuse to be honest i cant play without it (and i'm not the only one). Temponrary you can switch your units into sneaking mode, they will talk more quiet.

• Like 1

people are talking about the player avatar automatically spotting things. basically it reporting things you yourself haven't seen yet (or maybe never will).

EDIT: so i checked ingame and as i remembered the "auto report" option disables the player avatar's auto reporting and keeps the AI reporting as it should be but it can't be changed in MP as a client, which makes total sense.

i feel like a simple automated switch could be great. pseudo code incoming

if ({!isPlayer _x} count (units group player) == 0) then

{

auto_report_enabled = false;

};

or does anyone actually consider these cheat like auto reports a feature? i mean sure, i understand that your AI mates need some info but in MP it kind of breaks the game. with carelessly set up difficulty settings on the server you get enemies automatically spotted AND marked on the map.

and considering things like recruit scripts (recruiting AI in MP), that allow dynamic occurance of all possible combinations (only players, players plus some AI), are a thing, a fully automatic switch that adapts in real time is the best solution imho.

as in auto report automatically turning on once an AI joins the group so the poor fella has somethign to go by, and turning it off once the group is 100% human players again.

Edit: :ph34r:

Sure. But when your avatar is reporting things you dont see.. And things you already seen and reported in.

Edit. Ninjas everywhere ready to jump out at you....

so assume the auto reporting is intended to do the job of reporting enemies to your AI squad mates? i feel there is a middle ground missing. because what if you want it to automatically report stuff when you are with AI but don't (obviously) when you are with real humans? feels dumb to have to go switch the difficulty setting for each mission. also that begs the question who can actually change that. only the host? (i should probably go ingame and check :lol:)

so i still feel it's a bug when you are only with players since it should be intended to use chat, map markers and your voice to report enemies not to mention the actually effort of spotting them first.

i know there's ways to get rid of radio via script and stuff. but this is one of those issues that should be handled by default because in many cases you can't edit things nor influence difficulty yourself (still need to check that). as in not being the local host, maker of the mission or server admin.

I'm playing with AI! It's not a matter of me not wanting any reporting at all. Though I'd refer the player character to not report if possible (I actually kind of like my grouped AI reporting).

It's just that when it happens with both the player and AI, all spamming incessantly, over and over and over, and especially on my own base - it's just super annoying and immersion breaking. Not to mention the bug with friendly (empty) boats being labeled as enemies too.

My biggest issue along side all this too is how they call out units they can't quite identify but it's actually friendly soldiers/units/vehicles you set to spawn with you. Please make it stop. What's the sense in making a base at all if you get the immersion killed the second you spawn into the game? I mean, all this makes sense I guess if you're in the thick of it deep in the enemy AO, but the trade off having to hear any of that nonsense in my own base is simply not worth it. I'd prefer it gone than to have to listen to it any longer.

I'd just use enablesentences and disable it completely if I didn't love the enemy battle cries so much and the relevant Intel on enemy sightings.

I dunno guys but from a BTDT Vet, and still doing it, communications is essential to maintain command and control and situational awareness, honestly, I'd be more pissed off if they didn't report anything, it's weird, people want some sort of realism, then ask for a battlefield gaydar that does a tactical ping,to know where their team mates are :rolleyes: :o I mean what the fuck guys, it's not "Hunt for Red October" this is where good battlefield communications comes into it.

If any of you ever done forward vehicle in a convoy, in a hostile environment, you're never off the radio calling fast/slow/erratic vehicles, calling out potential threats often 500M's out, when I'm lead, it's almost a running commentary from the minute we leave the base camp till we get to the task location, RTC's have been avoided using this method, it lets EVERYONE in the call sign have situational awareness, please tell me nobody thinks that's a bad thing, or an unnecessary thing?

These are good points. And again, it's not that I want it gone. I quite like it.

But I don't see how anyone can not be annoyed by spawning in their own base and immediately getting their player shouting "foot soldiers, right up ahead" when it's a friendly patrol team you manually placed down in the editor. I mean, that's just ridiculous to have to hear the second you spawn into your mission.

I dunno guys but from a BTDT Vet, and still doing it, communications is essential to maintain command and control and situational awareness, honestly, I'd be more pissed off if they didn't report anything, it's weird, people want some sort of realism, then ask for a battlefield gaydar that does a tactical ping,to know where their team mates are :rolleyes: :o I mean what the fuck guys, it's not "Hunt for Red October" this is where good battlefield communications comes into it.

I think you're missing the point. The problem is with player units who are perfectly capable of spotting and calling contact out. What sucks is when the Ai voice comes over the ratio in a totally different accent and calls out a hidden target 600m away that none of the players had noticed. That sucks. It's a total immersion breaker and just not needed in MP. I get why you would keep it for SP of course. ;-) SJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other important point to raise is that by just stopping the "voice system " you then prevent enemy Ai from communicating which is a huge immersion killer again. Silent OpFor running around sucks too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Sure. But when your avatar is reporting things you dont see.. And things you already seen and reported in.

Edit. Ninjas everywhere ready to jump out at you....

They dont report same target twice, untill you say some command while report is given.

Identyfing is second thing - they dont report enemy if they are not sure - for example :

Contact - car - 200 meters - Target not identified as enemy, just a car.

Enemy - car - 200 meters - enemy car.

In the base friendly or not there is enough realistic thing. they not spamming, its just like in real life, when someone pop-up and you say you see man (not enemy again!). Note, thjey not reporting every man, just first spotted guy.

Enemy also uses reports, thats making easier to localize them behind the fences for example. Its pretty usefull feature, and i cannot imagine game without it. Sometimes "player" is not reporting things i already see.

Take in account AI is reporting everything he see and HEAR.

I can't recall a single time where my brabbling AI mates caused the death of any unit in the group.

If the enemy player is close enough to be able to hear your AI then things have gone wrong way earlier.

It should be up to the mission maker whether to include it or not.

Cheers

• Like 2

Optional is the only way. Disabling it would have catatsrofal impact on gameplay for lot of users.

guys, let's not overdiscuss the little things.

main focus should be to make devs aware of issues and/or potential improvments. i'm sure the devs are professionell enough, to not base their direction in development on the single argument of whomever won the forum shout-out.

don't get me wrong - any way of feedback is valid and valuable, be it approving or opposing the suggestions - but there is no sense in trying to win an argument (that goes for any thread - not just this one).

• Like 1

It should be up to the mission maker whether to include it or not.

Cheers

The mission maker can already disable AI chatter by using enablesentences. But that removes all speaking entirely which is not an option for me.

What I'm discussing are things I'd consider bugs which hopefully can be fixed which will improve the current system.

• Like 1

Alright-anyone who wishes to continue the automatic reporting discussion, please make a new topic for it.it is taking over this thread and that is not the purpose of this topic

For anyone who wants to cut down on some of the more repetitive ai chatter, i recommend the Discipline addon-it keeps the useful stuff but removes pointless ai chatter. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/175734-discipline/

• Like 1

No need to create a new thread, take a look at this:
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188661-difficulty-overhaul/?p=3064671

As a few people have noted already, the behavior is optional. Unfortunately, it being optional is currently broken (in MP. In SP it seems to work). It seems like it isn't the first time, either. You're all requesting a feature that has existed at least since ArmA2. :) There's even a bug report on the tracker already.

• Like 2

They dont report same target twice, untill you say some command while report is given.

Identyfing is second thing - they dont report enemy if they are not sure - for example :

Contact - car - 200 meters - Target not identified as enemy, just a car.

Enemy - car - 200 meters - enemy car.

In the base friendly or not there is enough realistic thing. they not spamming, its just like in real life, when someone pop-up and you say you see man (not enemy again!). Note, thjey not reporting every man, just first spotted guy.

Enemy also uses reports, thats making easier to localize them behind the fences for example. Its pretty usefull feature, and i cannot imagine game without it. Sometimes "player" is not reporting things i already see.

Take in account AI is reporting everything he see and HEAR.

I was talking coop :) If I tell you that I see an enemy tank and we discuss how to take it out and then suddenly my avatar shouts out that he see a tank... Or that my avatar shout out about an enemy, and we dont know where but we change our behaviour which we normally wouldnt.

• Like 2

I was talking coop :) If I tell you that I see an enemy tank and we discuss how to take it out and then suddenly my avatar shouts out that he see a tank... Or that my avatar shout out about an enemy, and we dont know where but we change our behaviour which we normally wouldnt.

Ah, now i get it...... But this have pluses and minusses - you can open map, and check where this tank is ;) Off course if you have "extented map info" enabled in dificulty options.

While we're at the voice protocols, why is my Tanoan syndikat player character speaking english instead of french?

While we're at the voice protocols, why is my Tanoan syndikat player character speaking english instead of french?

Because your player profile says you wanted to use that voice? :)  You should be able to override it with a setSpeaker command.

Because your player profile says you wanted to use that voice? :)  You should be able to override it with a setSpeaker command.

There was once a game caled ArmA II where you did not had to use scripting commands to let the charactr speak the right language for the faction...and ArmA II had 6 different languages and indioms. BTW setting language in the EDEN editor is possible but it gets overidden by player profile.

• Like 2

There was once a game cales ArmA II where you did not had to use scripting commands to let the charactr speak the right language for the faction...and ArmA II had 6 different languages and indioms. BTW setting language in the EDen editor is possible but it gets overidden by player profile.

There is a bug. Bug with your teammates allways using english - no matter custom faction, Russians, Chinese, French - every team talks english except player as i see.

Well thanks for that in the meantime I guess.

There was once a game cales ArmA II where you did not had to use scripting commands to let the charactr speak the right language for the faction...and ArmA II had 6 different languages and indioms. BTW setting language in the EDen editor is possible but it gets overidden by player profile.

Yeah, that's another feature request. Either set profile face to faction (so you can have an iranian desert CSAT guy, chinese tropic CSAT guy, white US soldier, black Syndikat guy) or force identity in Eden editor.