Pro tip: If you see the hinges, the door opens towards you, just like IRL too.

I'm not sure where "here" is but in my experience in Europe, most doors open inwards.

Which from an ergonomics and security point of view makes more sense.

I'm not so sure about the security POV, it's virtually impossible to tackle down a door opening outwards, not so much if they open inwards, as seen in about any police footage.

There's a possibility that here in the nordics the outside doors on houses (not talking about those apartment building in-door outside doors :P) open outwards simply because of the fact that there can easily be a meter high pile of snow packed against your door during the winter..

But WTH has this to do with the one door that is opening the wrong way in the game? :p

Besides, just from the gaming stand-point most doors in-game are really annoying to open because they just hit you in the 'face'..

That made my day :D They should have used a shotgun instead.

All I could think was it wasn't really a door, someone had just glued a door to the wall as a joke. :D

this is so weird. they don't seem to be worried about shots from inside. so why not break the top part that moves, to check out the lock from inside? must be some strong stuff like those metal bars that go from side to side or something.

the cell phones ringing cracked me up good though :lol:

In Norway the door on official buildings must open outward. This is due to safety reasons as if people need to evacuate the building (in case of fire) it's easier if it opens up the way you are going in a hurry. There are examples in UK where people have been trapped inside as people are pushing on and the guy at the front can't open the door against the stampede.

In Sweden the way doors open in stores seems a bit random.

In the Nordic countries I have never encountered a door on a private house that opens inward. Probably due to snow. And why cram the space inside with a door when it's out of the way on the outside?

Anyroad, this particular door that we are supposed to discussed should just have the hinges moved to the other side. Problem solved.

Here, generally, businesses have doors that open outward (likely for the very reasons you mentioned), but every residence I've seen or can think of, all doors open inward toward the interior. All interior doors open inward as well (towards the room you would be opening the door to).

All interior doors open inward as well (towards the room you would be opening the door to).

Again, safety reasons. As hallways are usually not very large, and there is a good chance in a multi occupant house someone could be walking past when you open room door, you don't want people end up with bleeding noses or worse.

This is the end. My only thread, the end.

Doors. All if them should just push in for gameplay reasons trumps real life.

• Like 1

Here, generally, businesses have doors that open outward (likely for the very reasons you mentioned)

Probably to assure an easy exit during an emergency.

I agree with froggyluv, for gameplay reasons all doors should open the easiest way (inwards in most cases). We don't need a Door Simulator 2015

• Like 1

Probably to assure an easy exit during an emergency.

I agree with froggyluv, for gameplay reasons all doors should open the easiest way (inwards in most cases). We don't need a Door Simulator 2015

I would be happy with an ability to hide problematic doors like you can hide doors on Offroad. 

I would be happy with an ability to hide problematic doors like you can hide doors on Offroad. 

yea man that would be super useful for door breaching scripts too.

• Like 1

i'm getting an incredibly long RPT log in devbranch currently when using ama3.exe and diag.exe, a huge list of errors in the fashion of:

ReportStack: a3\characters_f\civil\c_poloshirtpants.p3d///a3\anims_f\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\run\non\non\amovpercmrunsnonwnondf_amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_gthend.rtm///a3\anims_f\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\run\non\non\amovpercmrunsnonwnondf_amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_gthend.rtm

Error: Bone jaw_lm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

So, i've got a slight issue. Having disabled Artillery Computer, i have no way to use Mortars. So my question is, is there any way i can change the characteristics of the Mortar in game right now besides the Elevation? I only get range for things that are directly in view of the Mortar, but without the Arty CPU, why is there no other way to use it?

So, i've got a slight issue. Having disabled Artillery Computer, i have no way to use Mortars. So my question is, is there any way i can change the characteristics of the Mortar in game right now besides the Elevation? I only get range for things that are directly in view of the Mortar, but without the Arty CPU, why is there no other way to use it?

There are quite a few tutorials on youtube, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCCvXfwzeAU

The video takes account that you have visual on target.How do you come up with accurate distance without direct visual sight?

His quote "I only get range for things that are directly in view of the Mortar"

You can guesstimate, but that is educated guess, based on squares.How to accurately tell distance though?

It's not really a guess when you're using a grid :P

1. Have someone spot target (if location isn't already known)

2. Triangulate or measure it's position

3. Measure distance between yourself and the target using the map

4. Account for elevation difference and possibly incline of your position

5. Fire

Use the side of the compass and measure the distance. The compass is always in the direction of the head so you can turn it on the map using your ingame head. Then you zoom the map so one square fits the compass in one way or another and then you can measure the distance quite good by moving the compass between the arty and the target.

Just like in real life.

I think the vehicle handling needs looking into. Especially armoured vehicles. While they are an improvement over previous games, they just don't feel weighty enough. One thing they need is something more of a torque curve. In game, you press forward and they immediately start accelerating. In reality, you hit the accelerator (I drive AFVs all the time IRL), the power builds up and then you get to the point where you start rolling. Also, stuff like the MBTs have far too much trouble with inclines, it's not such a problem if you are still at the bottom and are trying to accelerate up them, but when you are rolling along at 20 or 30kph and you suddenly slow right down, it breaks all the immersion. You should slow down yes, but not anything so quick. And they turn too quickly. Half the turns you end up doing in tracked vehicles would just end up with you throwing tracks.

• Like 1

Armored vehicles have problems caused by the fact that the PsysX engine is more appropriate for normal cars. The gears for armored vehicles are broken. I believe that they now have implicit 20 gears shifts or something to get starting. This explain their low power getting underway. It may also have lead to making them lighter to aleviate the problem. So bad acceleration, too hard breaking, too light, flipping over easily etc. I hope especially the gears get some fix someday.

Armored vehicles have problems caused by the fact that the PsysX engine is more appropriate for normal cars. The gears for armored vehicles are broken. I believe that they now have implicit 20 gears shifts or something to get starting. This explain their low power getting underway. It may also have lead to making them lighter to aleviate the problem. So bad acceleration, too hard breaking, too light, flipping over easily etc. I hope especially the gears get some fix someday.

Tracked vehicles problems: Bad acceleration, too hard breaking, too light and losing momentum after jump on any angle under speed.

A tank on its side apparently has tiny velocity, even though it is static. Multiplied by 70 tonnes, the momentum could be as much as 300 kg*m/s enough to kill a unit that comes in contact with the tank, as video demonstrates.