What I do like to see in Arma 3 is OFP's mouse driving back.

Oh, yes! That was the most intuitive way of keeping it between the white lines. I missed that in every later Arma title until it was brought back in one of the later patches to Arma 2

class launch_NLAW_F : Launcher_Base_F {
	scope = public;
	displayName = "$STR_A3_CfgWeapons_launch_NLAW0";
	model = "\A3\weapons_F\launchers\nlaw\nlaw_F.p3d";
	picture = "\A3\weapons_f\launchers\nlaw\data\UI\gear_nlaw_ca.paa";
	handAnim[] = {"OFP2_ManSkeleton", "\A3\Weapons_F\Launchers\NLAW\Data\Anim\NLAW.rtm"};
	reloadAction = "ReloadRPG";
	sound[] = {"A3\Sounds_F\weapons\Launcher\nlaw_final_1", db6, 1, 1000};
	drySound[] = {"A3\sounds_f\weapons\other\dry6", 0.177828, 1, 15};
	reloadMagazineSound[] = {"A3\sounds_f\weapons\rockets\titan_reload_final", 0.354813, 1, 20};
	soundFly[] = {"A3\sounds_f\weapons\rockets\rocket_fly_1", 0.562341, 1.5, 700};
	weaponSoundEffect = "DefaultRifle";
	changeFiremodeSound[] = {"A3\sounds_f\weapons\closure\firemode_changer_1", 0.562341, 1, 20};

Option to have multiple launch sounds appears to be removed, the sound will phase like crazy. When trying to add multiple sounds like in any other config it reverts to stock. This is the same for the RPG and Titans too.

And one final question if I may, When is environmental sound occlusion coming to Arma3?

Edited by Bigpickle

Oh, yes! That was the most intuitive way of keeping it between the white lines. I missed that in every later Arma title until it was brought back in one of the later patches to Arma 2

it was not like in ofp in arma2. the mouse went all over the screen in arma 2 with that steering, and switched the view.

and that is really annoying if you use trackir / headtracking.

its good as it was in ofp, thats true. and if possible it should comeback. but not like arma2. the look in the direction you

drive has to be turned of, if you use headtracking.

Dear Devs, please have a quick look at this.

Tank Crew Bugs!

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17786

These bugs are reported for ages and are still there. They're ruining the fun having human tank crew in multiplayer and are so goddamn annoying. And I think they can't be that hard to fix. Please please, get them fixed in the upcoming patch.

Please at least fix the 2 most common and annoying ones:

- Players should be able to change to any place inside the tank that isn't taken by another player. Right now only the player who stepped into the tank first can.

- Randomly, pretty often and out of nowhere when being gunner and having chosen the MG, it's changing to the cannon every time the commander fires his MG. Sounds wierd, but it's happening!

- Players should be able to change to any place inside the tank that isn't taken by another player. Right now only the player who stepped into the tank first can.

I don't know if players should be able to switch seats at all without leaving the tank first, same goes (atleast) for the drivers seat in IFVs and APCs.

for the ofp mouse driving is all what you need - rebind the keys for more left more right !!!! its the same in arma1 and 2 ;) you need the command not its only for ai

Awesome SITREP, looking forward to the new updates :D

What are the new updates, after read the SITREP badically they are saying what we already knew and has been said lately: Zeus, Zeus, Zeus, Zeus, ad eternum.

I just hope next week they inform us about the future plans, DLCs, possible expansion, fixing of big bugs, notorious optimization, the addition of new and variated turrets, optimization of keys and menus ( so the weapons are selected with keys, also an action button ), etc.

What are the new updates, after read the SITREP badically they are saying what we already knew and has been said lately: Zeus, Zeus, Zeus, Zeus, ad eternum.

I just hope next week they inform us about the future plans, DLCs, possible expansion, fixing of big bugs, notorious optimization, the addition of new and variated turrets, optimization of keys and menus ( so the weapons are selected with keys, also an action button ), etc.

Did you even read the sitrep? Steam server browser and multiplayer optimization are great news. Of course some future plans would be also great to hear...

• Rudder / flaps / ailerons / elevators can now only be controlled when engine is on. They can be controlled even when the airplane is on the ground and does not move.

While this fixes this bug, it seems odd to me that the planes becomes absolute bricks when engine is turned off or you run out of fuel. You can't even glide to safety anymore and the only option for survival is to eject in case your engines get disabled.

I'm no authority on airplanes, but it seems like this wouldn't be the case in real life. Aren't there batteries to power the fly-by-wire systems or manual control of the control surfaces via hydraulics or something?

for the ofp mouse driving is all what you need - rebind the keys for more left more right !!!! its the same in arma1 and 2 ;) you need the command not its only for ai

^This. It's that easy :)

As per my last post it seems grenade launchers are to be inlcuded, I cannot patch them to have multiple firing sounds and they revert back to stock. As far as I can tell im patching the right way.

class UGL_F: GrenadeLauncher
{
	displayName = "EGLM";
	magazines[] = {"1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","UGL_FlareWhite_F","UGL_FlareGreen_F","UGL_FlareRed_F","UGL_FlareYellow_F","UGL_FlareCIR_F","1Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeRed_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeGreen_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeYellow_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokePurple_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeOrange_Grenade_shell"};
	sound[] = {"A3\sounds_f\Weapons\grenades\ugl_shot_4",1.12202,1,200};
	reloadMagazineSound[] = {"A3\sounds_f\Weapons\grenades\ugl_reload",0.501187,1,20};
	drySound[] = {"A3\sounds_f\Weapons\other\sfx5",1,1,30};
	magazineReloadTime = 0;
	reloadTime = 0.1;
	optics = 1;
	modelOptics = "-";
	cameraDir = "UGL look";
	memoryPointCamera = "UGL eye";
	opticsZoomMin = 0.375;
	opticsZoomMax = 1.1;
	opticsZoomInit = 0.75;
	weaponInfoType = "RscWeaponZeroing";
};

While this fixes this bug, it seems odd to me that the planes becomes absolute bricks when engine is turned off or you run out of fuel. You can't even glide to safety anymore and the only option for survival is to eject in case your engines get disabled.

I'm no authority on airplanes, but it seems like this wouldn't be the case in real life. Aren't there batteries to power the fly-by-wire systems or manual control of the control surfaces via hydraulics or something?

There´s a reason why no sim developer won´t touch PhysX with a stick. It´s because it´s shit, and always will be shit.

I´m hoping that one developer on here that talked about incorporating a physics model from the outside will get this thing through. I believe he said he had talked about it in the office, someone probably knows the full story better.

Hello everyone,

there is new branch, named "rc" with password "Arma3Zeus10April2014"

purpose of the branch is full gap between DEV and STABLE branch for testing full data and binaries entering STABLE

(while DEV may contain data and code which will not enter the next STABLE (yet))

to download on client you just type in the password in the beta branch field then chose the brac

see for more details http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149411-How-to-change-Arma-3-branches-between-STABLE-amp-DEVELOPMENT-versions-STEAM-client

for the steamCMD batch it's

SET A3serverBRANCH=107410 -beta rc -betapassword Arma3Zeus10April2014

please note it's full game download so if you have slow line then just skip this

note: both server and client must use this version

Edited by Dwarden

There´s a reason why no sim developer won´t touch PhysX with a stick. It´s because it´s shit, and always will be shit.

I´m hoping that one developer on here that talked about incorporating a physics model from the outside will get this thing through. I believe he said he had talked about it in the office, someone probably knows the full story better.

Ahem... How's this connected to PhysX, would you mind telling?

Ahem... How's this connected to PhysX, would you mind telling?

How is it not? the PhysX engine is crap (as proven time and time again) and i added that we might in the future get something better.

Also this isn´t a PhysX thread so diverting from the PhysX discussion is minute at best.

physX is barely integrated into arma 3 past a basic level, that much is obvious when you shoot an npc or player

How is it not? the PhysX engine is crap (as proven time and time again) and i added that we might in the future get something better.

Also this isn´t a PhysX thread so diverting from the PhysX discussion is minute at best.

I guarantee that the thing I asked about has nothing to do with PhysX. According to your logic, this would be an issue ever since Arma 3 launched if that was the case.

PhysX has nothing to do with flight model in A3, back up your point (in fixed wing discussion thread) if you want to prove otherwise :-)

Real aircraft do have batteries (for full FBW)/backup mechanical systems (for good old' hydraulics), BTW, as Sniperwolf correctly stated.

A question on topic: would all the current features of devbranch be released with Zeus, or would some be postponed along with perf improvements? I'm specifically interested in seeing AV camera and engine fixes in stable.

Edited by DarkWanderer

I guarantee that the thing I asked about has nothing to do with PhysX. According to your logic, this would be an issue ever since Arma 3 launched if that was the case.

But it does. And no by my logic this problem would only ever be present if they changed the flight model. which they have.

But it does. And no by my logic this problem would only ever be present if they changed the flight model. which they have.

So, you stand by your logic of "PhysX did it", without any reasonable proof that it could be the case.

While the opposite logic keeps pointing to the fact that they simply blocked the player input that's in charge of the control surfaces while the engine is off, quite possibly as a workaround for the backwards flying, as that kinda requires the engine to be off. Another target could have been the "nerfing" of the engines-off gliding so you don't show up hostile on the radar to other players.

Turn the engine off and engage the autopilot, drain the fuel from an AI plane, they still have full control of the plane even with the engine turned off.

I'd also love to hear a logical explanation as to why the same thing happens with the legacy flight model of the alternate aircraft simulation type which PhysX does not touch.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

yeah its a no brainer that the cessation of flight controls when engine is off is without question one of those "shake your head" ideas.

Also physX is involved in the flight model this video proves it :p

yeah its a no brainer that the cessation of flight controls when engine is off is without question one of those "shake your head" ideas.

Also physX is involved in the flight model this video proves it :p

Ahem... PhysX just doesn't have the routines for aircraft. It handles only collision physics, particles and (recently) ground vehicles. So, this an explicit A3-code specific bug. I'd bet it can be reproduced in A2.