I'm not sure if this is as recent as the latest dev branch patch, but my Object View Distance seems to be limited to 1000 in the Video settings. It will show a higher number if you change View Distance, but then if you change Object View Distance it caps out at 1000, regardless of VD. It used to be able to go as far as your overall View Distance. Bug?

Unable to reproduce in dev 1.07.112641. Couldn't Object View Distance be someway limited by your graphics card driver? If it still happens at your pc, could you please post a bug to feedback tracker? Thanks in advance.

One issue with AI team-members that comes often is that if you setpos player (leader) and his team to new far location, the team-mates may start to head at the orginal location ignoring all return in formation and move orders. You cant do anything to get them back in command.

Edit: I think it happens if the AI had been in contact and not yet returned to clear-state.

"Tweaked: Adjusted stances have their speeds"

Can anyone explain what this tweak does? Thanks.

Adjusted speeds in adjusted stances :) Some of them were too fast.

Speaking about stances and their speeds - when is the prone turn speed limit coming?

Can talk more about the "new animation system" which is in evaluation there?

on stable branch the view gets stuck to zoomed in after looking through either the nightstalker or thermal scope. to unstuck it i have to double tab - on keypad.

Speaking about stances and their speeds - when is the prone turn speed limit coming?

Would be even better to have turn speed limit for all stances.

I am waiting for a window to open for rotation animations&tweaks for adjusted stances.

I am waiting for a window to open for rotation animations&tweaks for adjusted stances.

can u give an ETA on when the transport plane is coming? last time i played the game was at release and im anxiously waiting for new vehicles

If you hit remote part lik back top corner of cargo area (and nothing else), I doubt it should cause violent explosion of whole vehicle. You need to shoot somewhere nearer vehicle's center of mass to kill it with ease, and one APFSDS will be enough.

Talking about 120mm AP tweaking:

Have you recognized helicopters being extremely resistant to large caliber rounds (when flying(?)).

Even non-armored ones seem to be able to take many hits of 30mm HE/AP and several of 120mm AP/HE. I guess it's the case when not hitting the pilot or critical parts like the engine. And it seems the HE always explode outside of the chopper and so the damage is rather minor.

Do you plan to tweak this issue in the future?

HE should penetrate non-armored or light-armored hulls (and maybe thin/light walls/objects?) and cause massive damage inside the chopper and should kill personnel inside effectively.

Wouldn't it be realistic to add a small area of high splash damage also to the large caliber AP projectiles (120mm, but also 30/40mm) - simulating the shrapnel flying around when those big projectiles are impacting?

So consequently also hitting a chopper with AP should do pretty considerable damage to it and kill personnel inside even if the shell is not exactly hitting them.

Same case with infantry targets on open field and inside buildings. The mentioned large caliber AP rounds should hurt/kill personnel on the open field and inside houses in case they're impacting nearby. As said a small radius of high splash damage should do the job. Imho this would increase realism and even balancing - see the chopper issue and e.g. when engaging personnel inside buildings or behind cover with tanks/APC. Because currently this is pretty much impossible as HE won't penetrate and AP is useless because you need to hit them exactly.

SPOTREP #00015:

Unified standardized ammo loads for each vehicle type for every faction

I was hoping for a vehicle ammo fix, but didn't notice any changes :/ So, what is this fix about?

All the vehicles still seem to have their real life "ready-to-fire" amount of ammo - but yet no rounds which could be reloaded. Don't you consider to mount the APCs with additional ammo to reload? Because they actually come with this option in real life. According to Rafael, the real life manufacturer of the RCWS mounted on the "Gordon" and "Kamysh", their weapon system even can be reloaded from inside the vehicle.

Same with the MRAPs. Why are they carrying only 1 case of grenades respectively 2 cases of .50 rounds?

Edited by pils

can u give an ETA on when the transport plane is coming? last time i played the game was at release and im anxiously waiting for new vehicles

There is no transport plane coming.

There is no transport plane coming.

Do you know what the 3 new upcoming vehicles are?

Can someone confirm this?

Get into the Marid APC as Driver

Turn out (First person of course)

Do you see the vehicle?

If I do that then the vehicle is invisible

Can someone confirm this?

Get into the Marid APC as Driver

Turn out (First person of course)

Do you see the vehicle?

If I do that then the vehicle is invisible

Confirmed. All exterior textures are invisible when turned out from the driver seat in first person.

CAS-oriented fixed-wing for BLUFOR, CAS-oriented fixed-wing for OPFOR, IFV for INDFOR.

Smookie, why haven't we seen the return of the rotational envelopes that were briefly previewed on dev branch before the September launch? :(

I have heard that the 3 upcoming vehicles include a CAS plane for NATO and CSAT. And a new APC for the AAF.

Edit: Chortles beat me to it.

Note that the "concept render" shown at Firstlook 2013 for the CSAT jet implies that BI's plan for Arma 3 fixed-wing is simply "fast air with bomb truck loadouts" -- that's certainly what the render looks like to me -- and three more different, albeit low-res, images of the CSAT jet may be found here.

@pils: Helicopters damage handling will be tweaked as far as I am concerned. For now please note there were other issues with everything else...

For example you could demolish whole structures with single KE round. This was the cause for APFSDS damage reduction that despite having no real impact on vehicle gameplay, caused some panic there :)

Yes, we know. ;)

-Gorgon driver is clipping out his hatch all the time..

-The new Gorgon mirrors are nice but useless.. they should be turned to look more on the side of the vehicle.. as they are now you can't see the road behind..

-The new runway lights are nice but the red ones are still misplaced on their model..

we now have glitches like no chat visible, no waypoints visible and things like you can't see who's talking over, please fix it

+copilot seat in humminbird is bugged

Edited by DontGetMadGetMoney

I made a ticket, lets hope BIS will do something about it.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16049

Why is this not fixed? It's stupidly game breaking to go around disabling and destroying armoured vehicles with a few magazines. I understand though this is heavily WIP though.

I am referring to the MRAPs.

Edited by ProGamer

Has this been mentioned yet or is it just my problem?

T-100 is invisible to naked eye at distances over 275m. Even with 12km VD & object distance and highest object detail setting.

Only occurs in current dev branch, not in stable.

http://imgur.com/a/vo2d1

3 vehicles in 4 lines; Slammer, T-100 and Marshal at 600, 500, 400 and 300m.

I couldn't find any other vehicle with such issue.

Edited by Greenfist

Has this been mentioned yet or is it just my problem?

T-100 is invisible to naked eye at distances over 275m. Even with 12km VD & object distance and highest object detail setting.

Only occurs in current dev branch, not in stable.

http://imgur.com/a/vo2d1

3 vehicles in 4 lines; Slammer, T-100 and Marshal at 600, 500, 400 and 300m.

I couldn't find any other vehicle with such issue.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16237