Can a developer explain these more in detail?

"Fixed: Wheeled APCs damage balancing

Reduced power of 120mm APFSDS (armor balancing)"

Is this artificially balancing or tweaks to be more realistic?

A change in way how engine handle damage of overpenetrating shots made wheeled APCs explode with every hit from APFSDS, which wasn't too convincing in some occurences.

Now it depends where you hit the vehicle again, though in worst case you will need two 120mm APFSDS rounds to destroy such vehicle. Same with light AT missiles - if you learn where to hit, you'll eliminate the vehicle with single round.

Is this artificially balancing or tweaks to be more realistic?

Literally saying, yes. :rolleyes:

Both for balancing and realism.

Edited by zGuba

"Tweaked: T-100 geometry"

are they correct the turret's problem? (the visible crew through the turret)

Literally saying, yes. :rolleyes:

Both for balancing and realism.

How so? Didn't Arma 2 never need any artificial balancing other than AI related engine limitations.

If you hit remote part lik back top corner of cargo area (and nothing else), I doubt it should cause violent explosion of whole vehicle. You need to shoot somewhere nearer vehicle's center of mass to kill it with ease, and one APFSDS will be enough.

If you hit remote part like back top corner of cargo area (and nothing else), I doubt it should cause violent explosion of whole vehicle. You need to shoot somewhere nearer vehicle's center of mass to kill it with ease, and one APFSDS will be enough.

I am not saying that I want it to destroy the entire vehicle. Just that the description for these changes are very misleading.

And how about actually making tanks from different semi-globes use different ammo for starters? They are still basically the same vehicle save for minor fluff details.

Guys don't make a seizure just because they used the word "balancing" in the patch description.

APCs always exploding with one hit isn't necessarely realistic.

;2561303']The significant performance drop started around the time the light/god rays were introduced.

However I cant really tell if they are the actual source of the drop.

Well then it's the GPU that bottlenecks and that could be kind of good news.

Have you Alwarren monitored GPU usage in some of the cases and what GPU you've?

;2561303']The significant performance drop started around the time the light/god rays were introduced.

However I cant really tell if they are the actual source of the drop.

Not for me, performance was fine (and still is for most missions) up until yesterday's update.

Agreed about the benchmark missions.

For me it seems the FSM-scripts are very performance hungry. If I havent understood wrong, its nearly the same as using waitUntil {condition} without set custom condition checking rate waitUntil {sleep x;condition}. In FSM the every current condition is forced to count on every frame which is mostly never needed for anything. Using waitUntil {sleep 3;condition} in 90 SFQ scripts is ~ the same as having only one FSM with the same condition?

Would the AI be less demanding if all FSM related to that would be converted to SQF? Human reaction times are anyway around 1-2 second so much performance could be saved there?

Related to that, it would be great if there would be FSM style editor for SQF too. So much faster/easier to create complex structures with that. So basically the same editor, but with ability to set condition counting rate.

You can make your FSM's "sleep" by using the following:

In the "state" box, place your code (we will spawn a vehicle for this example) and then log the time:

_veh = createVehicle ["B_Quadbike_01_F",getMarkerPos "marker1", ["marker2","marker3"], 0, "none"];

_waitTime = time;

Then in all the "condition" boxes from the state, add in a time check:

_veh distance player < 200 and {time - _waitTime >  10}

Then your FSM only checks if the vehicle is within 200m of the player after 10 seconds has elapsed.

I have at least 179 FSM's running in a mod/mission I'm creating and performance seems fine.

I have used that method to add delay, but I think it still check that _veh distance player < 200 for everyframe.

Possibly, I don't know too much about the mechanics of how they work. Are you putting large amounts of code to run in your states?

I had some quite heavy conditions and learned only recently that lazy evaluation syntax required the {}'s to work. Having the delay counted first probably helps much, but converted already all FSMs away.

"Tweaked: Adjusted stances have their speeds"

Can anyone explain what this tweak does? Thanks.

I suggest changing priority of actions for dead bodies. The "rearm" action should have higher priority than "inventory" action and should be the default action for bodies. In combat, you want to loot as fast as possible to obtain grenades, ammo and FAKs. Inventory should be after that when we have more time.

Also, we desperately need a command to let our AI squad-mates open their own inventory so that we can manage their equipment or we need it done as in Arma 2 - in the map interface.

In combat, you want to loot as fast as possible to obtain grenades, ammo and FAKs. Inventory should be after that when we have more time.

About that, it is good to insta loot all these things at once?

Something

wouldn't be better?

About that, it is good to insta loot all these things at once?

Something

wouldn't be better?

It could definitely take some time (progress bar) to rearm with grenades, ammo and FAKs - no problem with that. I just don't want to constantly use the inventory with my mouse - I find it distracting (the use of the mouse in the inventory, don't know why, maybe because it reminds me of clicking on icons in windows...).

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

Opening doors should AT LEAST always be the first command, so I can quick scroll my mouse up and get that instead of something pointless like "reload 556 magazine" (why is this even an action?).

And removing pointless actions from the scroll menu (like reload current magazine type, inventory, and switch to secondary). We have keys for these things, why also have actions? It pointlessly messes up the action menu.

Agree.

;2561303']

This is where a set of standardized performance measurement missions provided by BI would help immensely' date='

that send back the data/to a public data repository with graphical visualization.[/quote']

Yes, this is vital and needs to be done sooner rather than later.

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

I'm not sure if this is as recent as the latest dev branch patch, but my Object View Distance seems to be limited to 1000 in the Video settings. It will show a higher number if you change View Distance, but then if you change Object View Distance it caps out at 1000, regardless of VD. It used to be able to go as far as your overall View Distance. Bug?

Noticed new bug, if you use B to bring rangefinder near your face and click B again to lower it away, player is half inside ground with static (test state?) animation for second or two.

Is it just me or is the lighting worse in current version? Also, the lens flare are way too overdone. They used to be subtle, now it is super-explicit.

Edited by Bouben

the lens flare are way too overdone. They used to be subtle, now it is super-explicit.

It's good as it is, don't change it!

BIS, please fix the British voices identity "LanguageENGB_F" issue. It doesn't work yet because you haven't linked the 4 British voices to the profile speakers. I've posted up the fix here, so please do this soon so that people stop posting up threads asking about it. Oh, and add a Radio Protocol preview feature to the profile menu, so that you can hear what your speaker + pitch sounds like with the 4 different Radio Protocols (English, British English, Greek English, and Persian Farsi). Thanks.

Just noticed: vault animation has no sounds of steps on any surface. "realism".

Just noticed: vault animation has no sounds of steps on any surface. "realism".

"Incredibly small oversight" "bugtracker"

Don't be an ass.