The door opening is my biggest problem (along with difficulties to use ladders and stuff like that).

I mean it should be simple. The game can already detect if a bullet you shoot hits the door or not. So just use an action button that when you press it, it shoots an invisible bullet with no damage and no penetration (and not affected by gravity) and if that bullet hits a door that is close enough to you, it will open.

We should never have problems with interacting with doors because it is so simple in real life. Dyslexi video explains it all very well.

The door opening is my biggest problem (along with difficulties to use ladders and stuff like that).

I mean it should be simple. The game can already detect if a bullet you shoot hits the door or not. So just use an action button that when you press it, it shoots an invisible bullet with no damage and no penetration (and not affected by gravity) and if that bullet hits a door that is close enough to you, it will open.

We should never have problems with interacting with doors because it is so simple in real life. Dyslexi video explains it all very well.

Use the addons "Keys", this problem was partially resolved with a huge sensitive area to open or close a door and for more things.

Is anyone else getting really bad slow downs with the latest dev build? Showcases that were playing fine previously (combined arms, helicopters, infantry) now have periodic drops to single digits....

cheers

Is anyone else getting really bad slow downs with the latest dev build? Showcases that were playing fine previously (combined arms, helicopters, infantry) now have periodic drops to single digits....

cheers

I didn't have any problems in Infantry. Played just like before.

/I heard that stable patch is out now.

Edited by St. Jimmy

I found out this bug while playing Kibot's DUWS. Once AI soldiers or a soldier mounts the MLRS, that soldier(s) cannot disembark because the soldier specific menu which appears when that soldier is selected using the appropriate Function key (F1-F10), doesn't have the disembark option in it. Instead the first option is "Fire Artillery". I've reported this issue on the feedback tracker here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16055. If anyone has tried disembarking soldiers from the MLRS successfully, apart from within the DUWS please let me know otherwise it might be a good idea to up vote this issue in the feedback tracker. Also I'm using the dev branch that's why I started this thread in this section.

Hi guys. is there any info or topic about AMD mantle API ?

Who cares about AMD, give us GPU accelerated PhysX!

Hello guys,i realy apologise but i cant find anywhere to post this so if i am posting this in wrong place can u move it please. Thank you

I was playing training ranges and come upon this things

1024x480.resizedimage over 100kb

kb

1024x480.resizedimage over 100kb

So on this 2 first pictures you can see that on that small monitor when u are scoping in,head on it dissapears and that happens evry time that camera is recording you and when u scope in your head dissapears. Dont know is this that much important but.. i wanted to point that thing out.

Second thing on training range with castle i finished shooting over the wall to the valey and started runing on the next waypoint and this happen

over 100

1024x576.resizedimage over 100kb

If u see that floor rock in upper left part of the aim thingy when u move mouse up like you want to look this happen

1024x576.resizedimage over 100kb

The whole thing dissapear ill try to get exact point of this side of the castle.

cheers

Yeah, I all of a sudden have abysmal performance where it was perfectly playable before. Haven't changed any settings, but framerates dropped by a considerable amount.

Ive just checked my game after the dev update and it looks just fine. Actually I seem to be getting slightly improved performance (by about 5frames) with this version on my phenom II x6. Granted, I haven't tried the showcases but rather editor missions.

Performance seems okay (i.e. the same) for me...haven't tested extensively, though.

Just ran through the Helicopter showcase and it didn't have any massive FPS drops.

Tested it on the Assault showcase. Can't see much of a difference at all, especially with FPS. New build seems a bit less volatile in a few ways, and the GPU memory was increased more smoothly, but that could just be random. I didn't test more than a couple times for both builds.

Max CPU/thread use still tracks ~100% with the first core's usage. FPS still tracks ~95% with memory controller load. CPU around 50% +/- 10%, GPU around 100%, VM and physical RAM about 80%. Didn't look like they did much for performance in the SPOTREP.

My performance problems seem to be mission related, but the mission itself hasn't changed. One of my missions has dropped in performance by 50%. I am trying to isolate the factor that makes it go so slow, but so far, haven't found any reason why it does.

For SP. Some weeks ago, the performance went noticeable worse for me too. Having around ~80 AI felt as slow as having ~100 AI's before, with nearly the same mission as before (including much new performace tweaks).

But not sure if its better now again. Have been optimizing my mission a lot by adding lazy evaluation syntax to everything, all FSM scripts are converted to SQF, added FPS check to lower features when getting under set FPS level. FPS stays now over 40 all the time except near the most massive villages where there is some stutter. During 2 hours of playing havent spotted leaking and during that time probably many thousands of AI and hundrets of vehicles have been spawned and deleted.

Overally nice, still I wish AI would be some less demanding, villages would be more smooth with AI, and vehicles wouldnt explode so easily (when hitting obstacles).

Edited by SaOk

For SP. Some weeks ago, the performance went noticeable worse for me too. Having around ~80 AI felt as slow as having ~100 AI's before, with nearly the same mission as before (including much new performace tweaks).

Weird part is that the mission that has slowed down only has around 80 AI, while a mission with 150 works fine. Also, the slowdown is identical whether I run it locally or on our dedicated server, so I do not think it is AI related.

Group amount related then maybe? I use much one or few men groups.

Group amount related then maybe? I use much one or few men groups.

Only a handful. It's an assault mission, so most groups are rather static and I use the standard squads from the Groups menu. I am running a few scripts, didn't have the time yet to check whether one of those is responsible. I first thought it might be FSM-related, but for one thing the FSM I am using is pretty simple, and disabling it didn't change anything either.

For me it seems the FSM-scripts are very performance hungry. If I havent understood wrong, its nearly the same as using waitUntil {condition} without set custom condition checking rate waitUntil {sleep x;condition}. In FSM the every current condition is forced to count on every frame which is mostly never needed for anything. Using waitUntil {sleep 3;condition} in 90 SFQ scripts is ~ the same as having only one FSM with the same condition?

Would the AI be less demanding if all FSM related to that would be converted to SQF? Human reaction times are anyway around 1-2 second so much performance could be saved there?

Related to that, it would be great if there would be FSM style editor for SQF too. So much faster/easier to create complex structures with that. So basically the same editor, but with ability to set condition counting rate.

Fixed: Wheeled APCs damage balancing

Reduced power of 120mm APFSDS (armor balancing)

Sorry, what?

This came to a halt already?

On commanding:

While the complete control over multiple options like we have now is good, in combat it lacks as you don't use most of it.

IMO a mix of SWAT4, Republic Commando and BiA: Hell's Highway would be the way to go.

Single key press to select\switch units\teams (instead of multiple keys and combinations) => Hold key you enter the commanding mode (release it and you are back in combat) => Having 3 mouse buttons should be more than enough to cover the basic needs.

From Republic Commando, the contextual orders like healing, taking cover and explode something. Imagine that for crates, bodies, assembling weapons and buildings in A3: (Hand gestures are a bonus. They are really rulled out for A3?)

From BiA, the 3D cursor which give you a way better idea of where you are ordering your guys to go, also, quick FT switch: (skip to 3:30)

And SWAT 4 we all know, right? A good mix of the two above.

They're not so different to Arma but they do work better. Of course the ground base mechanics of those games (use of cover and supressing fire) help on the whole but it could work on Arma.

Thoughts?

Edited by Smurf

The significant performance drop started around the time the light/god rays were introduced.

However I cant really tell if they are the actual source of the drop.

This is where a set of standardized performance measurement missions provided by BI would help immensely,

that send back the data/to a public data repository with graphical visualization.