That's the word. :p

and you would be right if standard training said that optics should be fired with one eye closed, which it does not (at least for professional armies). optics like the mcro are meant to be fired with both open.

While I played the campaign I noticed something odd and I would like to know if I´m the only one.

I could swear that I had seen bullets passing through AI without doing damage.

So I was shooting at that AI guy and I saw my bullets go right through him (I could see dust beeing kicked up behind him, he was on a slope) but he didn´t even flinch and took no visible damage.

So either:

1) The (really ugly (I know you can do better BIS, just let wounded AI go into ragdoll and come back up)) flinch animation didn´t kick in

2) The bullet went through without doing damage

I had this happen two or three times.

Anybody else?

I keep hearing this report. Someone really needs to be a hero and repro.

I keep hearing this report. Someone really needs to be a hero and repro.

Good luck reproing that. I guess that even if you could save a scenario where this happens the BIS Devs woudn´t be able to repro it on their end if it is as random as I think.

Video evidence and full disclosure of all game settings should suffice.

Good luck reproing that. I guess that even if you could save a scenario where this happens the BIS Devs woudn´t be able to repro it on their end if it is as random as I think.

It is not random. It's for the main NPCs like Adams and James. Adams is a bullet sponge until he gets blown up by a mine (at which point your damage is set to false). They should do the COD method where when shot the NPC drops down. At least that way, it looks like their body armor stopped the bullet or they got grazed and not like they are a sponge.

Edited by MadDogX

It is not random. It's for the main NPCs like Adams and James. Adams is a bullet sponge until he gets blown up by a mine (at which point your damage is set to false). They should do the COD method where when shot the NPC drops down. At least that way, it looks like their body armor stopped the bullet or they got grazed and not like they are a sponge.

You obviously didn´t read my first post that described the issue

Edited by MadDogX

Just a reminder for the people who apparently managed to overlook the numerous warnings (not to mention §20 of the forum rules): do not post campaign spoilers outside of the designated places.

Wow. Didn't even think about that. Won't happen again.

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

You obviously didn´t read my first post that described the issue

So as in the animation not kicking in? Here's what it is. Place a unit in the editor, and shoot them once in the leg or arm. They might not flinch. At all. This is something that just happens for some reason (not sure by design or not), but they don't always flinch when being shot. Sure, as they are more hurt, they flinch more, but the first shot might not make them flinch. So, with AI who have allowDamage False, it's kinda like that. I think.

Happy Den vzniku samostatného Äeskoslovenského státu, guys!!!

(I googled that)

:)

(I googled that)

what he said!...

is there any news of the objects "lamps" popping back in the game anytime soon??

(I googled that)

It's their 4th of July, I guess. The "Slovakia" has me confused.....I thought after the Cold War it was just the Czech Republic? I see that 1 January is "Restoration Day" and the birth of the current "Czech Republic."

As Vinny Barbarino use to say, "I'm so confused." :p

I visited Prague back when Czechoslovakia it had just got split into the Czech Republic and Slovakia. I gotta say, it is the place to go for a tourist. Seriously. Not too expensive, lots of stuff to see....just generally a great interesting place to go and spend your tourist dollars. I even stayed in a youth hostel (back then) which was clean and pleasant.

Fun, fun city. Budweiser Budvar beer is the best.

5. Main gun stabalization is missing: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15695

For sure the gun is stabilized both horizontally and vertically world-wise. Engine does not feature other mechanisms so far.

Please note that optics rotate around different axis than main gun does, this may be the confusing part.

For sure the gun is stabilized both horizontally and vertically world-wise. Engine does not feature other mechanisms so far.

Please note that optics rotate around different axis than main gun does, this may be the confusing part.

My bad. The optics threw me off.

Playing as team member rather than team leader showed me something that should be different, or fixed. My teammates were wounded and they had already used their First Aid kits. In this particular reference, the leader just kept going and didn't order anyone to heal anyone else. So I went up to one of my team while we were all moving and selected "treat rifleman". I didn't want him going in to the fight already wounded. When I pushed treat, I went through the animation to heal, but he kept running away.

So is there any way that you can get that guy to stop? If someone was ordered to heal me, I would be on the floor right when he got to me. Can you make it so AI stop when someone initiates a "treat".

And on that same note, you should also get the squad leader to slow down or stop when he gets too far away from team. The Campaign had the squad leader just take off. One mission he took off while the rest of the team was over 50 meters away. So he triggers opfor attack before were ready and gets killed. So maybe you should "train" squad leaders to never leave a man behind. I think in OA the SL would end up walking if he got too far.

Fixed: Crash related to changed campaign menu structure (user-made campaigns)

Thank you for that fix :) I thought it was something in my description.ext...

BTW is there anyway to avoid doble listing of user-made campaigns in campaigns menu?

BTW is there anyway to avoid doble listing of user-made campaigns in campaigns menu?

I'm told this was the same fix - actually the double-listing caused the crash. Or does it still happen?

2013-10-29_00001_zpse90c68e4.jpg

The MRCO - MX3GL combo still has the alpha problem on the front sights. I'm pretty sure this was fixed a while back, but with the change in the MRCO sight it's back again. It wouldn't be a big deal if the MRCO wasn't the only ranged scope available during the "survive" campaign.

I'm guessing the usual suspects (GL equiped rifles / SMG's) exhibit the same problem.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/L3TUC3/Arma%203/2013-10-29_00001_zpse90c68e4.jpg

The MRCO - MX3GL combo still has the alpha problem on the front sights. I'm pretty sure this was fixed a while back, but with the change in the MRCO sight it's back again. It wouldn't be a big deal if the MRCO wasn't the only ranged scope available during the "survive" campaign.

I'm guessing the usual suspects (GL equiped rifles / SMG's) exhibit the same problem.

Related ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9960

I'm told this was the same fix - actually the double-listing caused the crash. Or does it still happen?

It still happens to me. Maybe its my description.ext, I've been trying different options but haven't achieved anything.

But, it's just a esthetic thing, besides the double listing, it works fine.

I have noticed tanks do not produce dust particles around them from the ground. Will we see this?

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

And what is the status of visual shockwaves? They last a lot less than a second durring an explosion in real life, but they add so much to the visual shock and awe of explosions.

I have noticed tanks do not produce dust particles around them from the ground. Will we see this?

My tanks produce dust just fine when driving and firing? Or do you mean that when real life tanks fire, the shockwave kicks up dust a few meters all around the tank, much further than in Arma?