Where the controller-sources that where added over time for config sound effects (rpm, thrust, etc) also implemented for config particle effects? If not, could they be added?

I tried intensity for exhausts but its just very glitchy and its behaviour is weird for tanks - it cuts out (stops emitting) when you steer with mouse, and when you release mouse it emits a huge wave of particles (causing even more lag than usual), sometimes they appear in strange locations.

RPM and Thrust would be so much better controlls...

Two small things:

• If there's olive Hunter, is it possible to add olive variant of Decommissioned Hunter, Vehicle Scrap, Vehicle Parts? (I know these might don't fit into the official lore)
  • Is it possible to add config option to always show NVGs (even it's noon) on a unit who sitting on an FFV seat?
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Two small things:

• If there's olive Hunter, is it possible to add olive variant of Decommissioned Hunter, Vehicle Scrap, Vehicle Parts? (I know these might don't fit into the official lore)

^ This please!

Could we also get hidden selections for the pallet (military boxes) object?

• Like 1

It would help a lot if the issue with -nolog crashing the arma3 servers would be solved.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127235

It could be possible to delete the black screen while entering a vehicle ? It is so unnatural and annoying!

Better not. First, it's disguising the animation transition, and second, because I like to use it to flip some scripts, which transitions then are also disguised with a natural fade.

• Like 4

Not sure if this has been asked before, so please excuse me if it has, but was there ever a discussion/request for a hunter-killer feature for AFVs?

I've only recently realised that one of the most important and helpful features of modern AFVs isn't in-game AFAIK.

It would be awesome to have the ability for the commander to slew the turret (the main turret) to the point where he's aiming, this would greatly simplify and improve the job of the commander/gunner.

Is there an engine limitation which prevents this, or was it just never brought up before?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, scavenjer said:

Not sure if this has been asked before, so please excuse me if it has, but was there ever a discussion/request for a hunter-killer feature for AFVs?

I've only recently realised that one of the most important and helpful features of modern AFVs isn't in-game AFAIK.

It would be awesome to have the ability for the commander to slew the turret (the main turret) to the point where he's aiming, this would greatly simplify and improve the job of the commander/gunner.

Is there an engine limitation which prevents this, or was it just never brought up before?

Was considered, wasn't pursued. It would be nice, no doubt.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, oukej said:

Was considered, wasn't pursued. It would be nice, no doubt.

That's unfortunate 😕

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 10:58 PM, oukej said:

No, this is a preparation - mainly to have it ASAP in the upcoming patch  for our community and the mods. This won't have any actual gameplay effect in vanilla game at least until 1.88.

Any idea when proxy magazines for vanilla weapons are gonna happen?

We have the models in game but not the functionality for the weapons.

I have tested client RAM consumption 1.90 vs. 1.88.

After 10 hrs of uninterrupted MP gameplay (no reconnect/restart + server restart for this purpose) I can say that now client RAM consumption is much lower.

16-17 GB vs. 22-23 GB + better server FPS for the same duration.

• Thanks 1

Guys, please check this and tell me if some of you have also this problem or know what this could be or how to solve it.

23 hours ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Any idea when proxy magazines for vanilla weapons are gonna happen?

We do still want to do this in a future update, and a large part of the prep is done. There are some back-compat issues we are considering (f.e. NATO Pacific character load-outs may have to change, which could potentially affect scripted systems that manipulate magazines via config classes directly).

• Like 5

I'll bite - how does mag proxies affect unit loadouts? Just curious...

Wild guess:

MX rifle magazines have camo applied as well, which means you can't have just one magazine class, you need one for each texture variant. Black, sand, khaki. If you don't do this, all NATO units will only feature the default magazine texture no matter the MX rifle variant they come with.

To fix this, NATO soldier classes need their "correct" magazine assigned, otherwise you might end up with Pacific units wielding khaki rifles with sand colored magazine.

A workaround could be to make the black (magazine) variant the new default, and adding the khaki and sand variants as options to set manually. Wouldn't be great, but probably the most neutral and least troublesome when it comes to backwards compatibility.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Hello!

Looking through the field manual, I got an idea and I wanted to throw it here to see if any devs would take interest. A lot of the entries for various weapons and vehicles seem a little dated, either including placeholders (like "OPFOR army" or "BLUFOR"), bad English, or they're simply uninteresting. My suggestion is to rewrite some of these entries, especially since they could provide more lore - the A-164, CH-67, and MB 4WD for example, do this perfectly.

There are also numerous errors and obsolete information relating to weapons carried by various aircraft despite having a dynamic loadouts system now. The Prowler and Qilin were actually updated with Tanks DLC to mention their new AT variants, which was a nice touch.

On a different note, it would be awesome if we could retexture the backpacks on vehicles. It's a small detail, sure, but small details make all the difference!

• Like 3

Is it just me or is steam not updating the dev-branch?

12 hours ago, lexx said:

Me too. productVersion still returns me 145343. Quite sad for me, I want to test all of new commands right now!

EDIT: Not related to the update directly tho, how about make ability to show trigger area in editor preview for debug purpose?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lexx said:

Well, this is embarrassing 😕 Probably too excited about the dev-branch update myself that I forgot to do the last most important step. Really sorry about that 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

52 minutes ago, oukej said:

Well, this is embarrassing 😕 Probably too excited about the dev-branch update myself that I forgot to do the last most important step. Really sorry about that 🤦‍♂️

Just say there were "logistical issues" that caused the update to be delayed. 🙂

• Haha 1

Well that just means we might be getting *two* dev-branch updates next week. So exciting! Just like the good old times.

On 3/9/2019 at 6:26 AM, POLPOX said:

Me too. productVersion still returns me 145343. Quite sad for me, I want to test all of new commands right now!

What new commands?