Again when working on a texture found another thing that i am pretty sure wasn't there before:

nc5WFnk.jpg

The medical pod has Z fighting on the left and right side of the door, where default CSAT camouflage is still present over the new texture. New pods also don't show up in the editor, which I seem to recall being there before.

Am I the only one getting a CTD when going into the Loadout Editor in Eden?  This was working yesterday (3/15) but now after today's update (3/16/22) I get a CTD every single time. 

17 hours ago, gatordev said:

Am I the only one getting a CTD when going into the Loadout Editor in Eden?  This was working yesterday (3/15) but now after today's update (3/16/22) I get a CTD every single time. 

Same for me.

I also get consistant CTD when starting the game with preloaded map Altis and active animations in the menu. Starting with empty map and disabled menu animation the game loads.

6 hours ago, oldy41 said:

Same for me.

I also get consistant CTD when starting the game with preloaded map Altis and active animations in the menu. Starting with empty map and disabled menu animation the game loads.

what’s preloaded map and active animations in menu?

On 3/16/2022 at 8:59 PM, gatordev said:

ticket, repro?

10 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

what’s preloaded map and active animations in menu?

I am referring to the following parameters of the loader:

Section "Basic":          "Show static background in menu"

Section "Advanced":   "World"

With the first one deactivated (as per default) and Altis selected as world it keeps crashing consistently, with or without mods.

20 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

there will be another persistent namespace attached to mission and soldier profile

Will we ever get a saveConfig? There are more uses than just vars, output soldier setups, group configs, mission/mod settings etc from Eden. Just make it save in the mission folder only, with a predefined file extension 🤷‍♂️.

I'd even go as far as saying we need access to export .sqf like Eden can (Scenario > Export > Export to sqf). I can think of many use cases for that too.

copyToClipboard is just rubbish as an end-user experience for people who would create Eden tools for people to use.

It's all well and good having 'persistent mission and soldier profile' but let's say I make an Eden tool that outputs group configurations. It's ok for that mission, but what if the user wanted the same in another mission? I have to what...

• copy the setup somewhere permanent = vars
  • open the new mission
  • read out vars and push to mission persistent
  • clean up vars

So much easier if I could just saveConfig into the mission folder then the end-user can copy it to wherever they like, even save it somewhere for later use etc. Provides a better end-user experience with no messing about with copyToClipboard.

Not having a go, just trying to have a discussion on the subject of saving files, which BI have always been very wary of due to safety concerns ( I know as I have had private discussions about this before with @DnA, who said lets revisit the topic later, this is later ).

With the multitude of games/game engines nowadays Unity, UE, Godot etc where hobbyists are used to handling files. Having an editor with no file export just seems extremely antiquated and hamstrung.

If you can only save to mission folders and with pre-defined extensions, I feel the safety concern is pretty well minimised? no?

I could write an extension to do it, but having it natively inside the engine provides a much more secure experience which could also provide better security to it only being available inside the editor.

Edited by Larrow
discussion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else getting crash opening virtual garage?   Also, seeing NLAWS used in the current war, AI unable to use PCML against certain high armor tanks is especially bad.

Hello after last update game crash when opening virtual garage in eden editor i tested with addons and without addons and still crash.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 5:15 PM, killzone_kid said:

ticket, repro?

I had to go back to work for a week so wasn't able to continue to pursue the issue.  As of today, after the most recent Dev update, the issue seems to be gone.  I'll have to play some more to confirm, but so far the game seems stable.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 1:22 PM, Larrow said:

If you can only save to mission folders and with pre-defined extensions, I feel the safety concern is pretty well minimised? no?

I could write an extension to do it, but having it natively inside the engine provides a much more secure experience which could also provide better security to it only being available inside the editor.

Yes, 100% agree. I hope this will be painless for the mission/mod makers. If I'm right there are plenty of possible folders for one mission: mission/MPmission unpboed (editor), pboed as local SP/MP folders, shared (Steam), saved (current play)... I have in mind the difficulty for displaying custom insignias in SP / MP (never seen a good exhaustive tuto about that), due to multiple paths.

If your goal could help a bit for consistency. 👍

After the last dev update, I can no longer access the inventory of dead enemies. I tried with and without mods. Does anyone have this problem?

Also, after the March 16 update I have constan crash with error "0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION". I know there is no solution for this error, but it is strange that it only happened after the March 16 update.

On 4/4/2022 at 5:56 PM, vafana said:

Does anyone have this problem?

I believe this is a known issue that should get resolved in the next update.

Regarding your crashes, you have tried a Steam local file cache verification? Any update can cause data corruption via the delta-patching process.

1 hour ago, DnA said:

I believe this is a known issue that should get resolved in the next update.

Regarding your crashes, you have tried a Steam local file cache verification? Any update can cause data corruption via the delta-patching process.

Thanks for the reply, I tried and the only solution (for the crashes) was to go back to the stable branch version, so my suspicion is confirmed that the March 16 update is a bit of a problem. I have the "ArmaReportLog" files if it's helpful, but it's from April 4th and with mods, not vanilla; after that I switched to the stable version.

https://www45.zippyshare.com/v/uHGfIXCx/file.html

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2022 at 1:56 AM, vafana said:

Also, after the March 16 update I have constan crash with error "0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION". I know there is no solution for this error, but it is strange that it only happened after the March 16 update.

Yeah I get the crashes too. The things that cured it for me were a) switching to JEMalloc 64bit memory allocator and b) unticking the "Profile" box. Might be one or the other.

Not sure if it's related but I can no longer repair mods from the launcher. 

14 minutes ago, tpw said:

Yeah I get the crashes too. The things that cured it for me were a) switching to JEMalloc 64bit memory allocator and b) unticking the "Profile" box. Might be one or the other.

Not sure if it's related but I can no longer repair mods from the launcher. 

I tried all versions of "malloc", it had no effect after the March 16 update, before that, at such an error, it worked if I changed "malloc" or the graphics driver, but now it was extremely frustrating, the only solution was to switch to the stable version.

small one-liner tweak request @killzone_kid

in "initFunctions.sqf"

can we please add the new "fileExists" command, to prevent unnecessary execution of BIS_fnc_MP

In this section:

if (!is3DEN) then 
        {
            if (isserver) then {
                [] execvm "initServer.sqf";
                "initServer.sqf" call bis_fnc_logFormat;
            };

//--- Run mission scripts
            if !(isDedicated) then {
                [player,didJIP] execvm "initPlayerLocal.sqf";
                [[[player,didJIP],"initPlayerServer.sqf"],"bis_fnc_execvm",false,false] call bis_fnc_mp;
                "initPlayerLocal.sqf" call bis_fnc_logFormat;
                "initPlayerServer.sqf" call bis_fnc_logFormat;
            };
            0.90 call bis_fnc_progressloadingscreen;

add like so,

if (fileExists 'initPlayerServer.sqf') then {
    [[[player,didJIP],"initPlayerServer.sqf"],"bis_fnc_execvm",false,false] call bis_fnc_mp;
};

At the moment, I have this every time a player connects:

22:02:21 Scripting function 'bis_fnc_execvm' is not allowed to be remotely executed
22:02:21 User Quiksilver (76561198084069420) tried to remoteExec a disabled function

And another small command request:

"nearSimpleObjects"

we already have these:

nearEntities

nearestBuilding

nearestMines

nearestObject

nearestObjects

nearestTerrainObjects

nearObjects

nearObjectsReady

nearRoads

nearSupplies

but no simple way to detect nearby simple objects without iterating through big array of simple objects and checking distance

Please do something for that:

It takes 2 minutes for reproducing this absolute non-sense: when a "deputy leader" (or any name you give it) is stuck (or played), the AIS in group don't follow anymore the played leader.

That occurs on many situations, each time the deputy leader don't follow the leader order for the whole group:

- the deputy leader is another player (so he can do what he wants);

- the deputy leader is stuck (as shown in video);

- the deputy leader is unconscious (so stay in position)

The problem doesn't concern separate orders, just whole group orders. See video about results on move and regroup.

I added the "expected destination" planning mode because I guess there is something linked with that but I didn't found a mean to override this annoying "BUG".

Ticket is open...

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T161166

with "none" at command for an age.

6 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

And another small command request:

"nearSimpleObjects"

we already have these:

nearEntities

nearestBuilding

nearestMines

nearestObject

nearestObjects

nearestTerrainObjects

nearObjects

nearObjectsReady

nearRoads

nearSupplies

but no simple way to detect nearby simple objects without iterating through big array of simple objects and checking distance

Even better would be nearestSimpleObjects with a parameter to turn off sorting.

5 hours ago, pierremgi said:

The problem doesn't concern separate orders, just whole group orders.

I think this is just the rest of the group trying to keep formation with the lower numbers. If you break up the formation they will move but as long as they are in formation, they will orient after their "predecessor" in the formation.

On 4/30/2022 at 12:21 PM, Alwarren said:

I think this is just the rest of the group trying to keep formation with the lower numbers. If you break up the formation they will move but as long as they are in formation, they will orient after their "predecessor" in the formation.

1. The "rest of the group" depends on what you order. SEE VIDEO. For example, with a vanilla weapon squad, if the marksman (nbr4) is stuck (as shown in video)

- on normal trip (no order), the units 2, 3, 5 & 7  follow the played leader, the units 6 & 8 stand by 4.

- almost same on global regroup order: 6 & 8 are crossing the map for reaching stuck 4 !

- on general move (whole group selected), ALL AI units are reaching stuck 4 !

2. I can't guess what "predecessor" (I called it deputy leader) is. Believe me in some cases there are 2 or more deputy leaders. Difficult to understand how things are working. Perhaps by native (declared in config) ranks for units forming a group.... Changing ranks by scripted code isn't successful. Creating own group with all private ranked units isn't successful. There is probably at least one FSM for this behavior.

The fact is, in game, you can't guess when a player will JIP onto a deputy leader, or when a deputy leader AI will be stuck in a house. Or when AI/played deputy will fall unconscious.

That will finally break all your grouped move order... or make AI crossing map for reaching this f..g deputy, for nuts.

This is utterly frustrating, almost as far as the fact these AI deputies don't stop to order ridiculous moves/get in/out/target, even for unconscious units (listen to yelling orders when player leader is unconscious) !!

To conclude: there is a need for AIs stopping their weird personal orders (deputy) and moves (subordinates) with a "simple" rule: CONTINUE WHAT LEADER PLAYED HAS ORDERED.

That way, the engine could be simpler, the AIs will obey (at least as ordered independently). It's far better than the present mess and probably Rube Goldberg machine, trying to maintain a fake formation, with a disastrous result, breaking immersion.

• Like 1