AoW_Showcase_AoW and AoW_Showcase_Future spotlight entries are counting lines in the showcase menu to determine what item to select. This isn't good, because if someone else is adding new showcase scenarios, the selection might be wrong.

/Edit: I just noticed that Orange DLC showcases are also counting lines.

There appears to be a rather ugly crash with Zeus in latest Devbranch's arma3diag_x64.exe related to simply spawning in vehicles.

Try the following in A3 without any mods or CDLC:

1. Start Arma 3 via the arma3diag_x64.exe
  2. Load Stratis in the Editor
  3. Place a player unit
  4. Place a Game Master module (Zeus)
  5. Edit the attributes of this module to list "#adminLogged" in the "Owner" field
  6. Preview
  7. Enter the Zeus interface
  8. Place a IFV-6a Cheetah
  9. Place an AMV-7 Marshall (The Game crashes at this point in most cases)
  10. Place a CRV-6e Bobcat  (The Game crashes at this point in most other cases)

We've found that this is not related to the type of asset. It can happen with any unit and vehicle and the crash becomes more likely the more different units are created via the Zeus interface.

The .rpt only has this to say before it crashes:

Forced crash (Set): array access out of range: 1 index: 1

We've been able to repro this on two different systems so far. It only happens with the arma3diag_x64.exe.

2 hours ago, mondkalb said:

We've been able to repro this on two different systems so far. It only happens with the arma3diag_x64.exe.

Can't repro anymore on internal, had to download dev branch to check and yeah could repro immediately.

But when I checked the crashdump I saw its a bug I already fixed on 15.07.2021, 14 commits after that dev branch was built.

Would've saved me alot of time to just get the crashdump and be able to immediately see where and probably why it crashes.

There appears to be a bug in custom keybinds. When I configure a set of custom keybinds as per the instructions at https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Modded_Keybinding, the new keybind section appears in the menu, but the keybinds themselves incorrectly appear in the "Editor Camera" section (ie the existing section listed immediately before my new section). The issue is occuring with build 148052 (and the build previous to that too).

42 minutes ago, Preacher1974 said:

There appears to be a bug in custom keybinds. When I configure a set of custom keybinds as per the instructions at https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Modded_Keybinding, the new keybind section appears in the menu, but the keybinds themselves incorrectly appear in the "Editor Camera" section (ie the existing section listed immediately before my new section). The issue is occuring with build 148052 (and the build previous to that too).

Can you send me your config? Via Forum DM if you want so we don't clutter this thread too much.

Hey Devs I see your still updating things like AI checking if their Flashlights are on -were you ever able to allow player to order his AI to disable them thru orders or command? Also can you please take a look at AI's overuse of Binoculars especially during combat? Makes no sense to have your Recon guys running around CQB with nothing but Binocs in their had -renders them impotent

• Like 5

Quick issue, not a massive game breaking one but an issue in general similar to the MBT materials one I reported previously:

As one of the few launchers in arma 3 where the rocket is visible the RPG-7 rockets seemingly cannot be retextured, not sure if this is intentional or not but since its rocket is so visible Ii just wanted to report it, would be a real shame to not be able to re-texture the rocket, but be able to re-texture the launcher.

Default example:

WwuOHlR.jpg

Retexture Example (Rocket is out of place looking)

SKJzF4P.jpg

Edit: Essentially, the problem i bring forward is that the RPG-7 rockets do not have hidden selections

6 hours ago, weaponslinger3 said:

As one of the few launchers in arma 3 where the rocket is visible the RPG-7 rockets seemingly cannot be retextured, not sure if this is intentional or not but since its rocket is so visible Ii just wanted to report it, would be a real shame to not be able to re-texture the rocket, but be able to re-texture the launcher.

Don't know if this is the case here, but usually RPG-7 launchers have a magazine proxy for the rocket, since the different ammo types look different, and those cannot be retextured.

8 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Don't know if this is the case here, but usually RPG-7 launchers have a magazine proxy for the rocket, since the different ammo types look different, and those cannot be retextured.

Apex's RPG-7 supports mag proxies. It was added as far back as 1.92. The problem is that Apex's PG-7 grenade (mag_rpg7_pg7v_1rnd.p3d) doesn't have camo selections defined so you can't retexture it unless you hex edit its path. In which event, you might as well just make your own model or port RPG rounds from Arma 2.

Using RHSAFRF as an example, you can retexture its PG-7VL round and load it into the Apex RPG-7. The retexture works just fine since the RHS team have selections defined for the mag proxy's model:

umaNrM0.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, drebin052 said:

Apex's RPG-7 supports mag proxies. It was added as far back as 1.92. The problem is that Apex's PG-7 grenade (mag_rpg7_pg7v_1rnd.p3d) doesn't have camo selections defined so you can't retexture it unless you hex edit its path. In which event, you might as well just make your own model or port RPG rounds from Arma 2.

Using RHSAFRF as an example, you can retexture its PG-7VL round and load it into the Apex RPG-7. The retexture works just fine since the RHS team have selections defined for the mag proxy's model:

umaNrM0.png

Essentially what i wish for the PG-7 default

On 11/14/2021 at 7:48 AM, drebin052 said:

Well, yeah, that's the point. You cannot retexture a magazine proxy unless you make a new magazine. It isn't possible to retexture an existing magazine proxy since proxies cannot be retextures on the gun.
In Arma 2, when the magazine was almost always part of the gun, or, in the case of an RPG-7, the entire model was exchanged depending on the loaded ammo, this was possible (always provided that the hidden selections were there).

I mean, for my AK-12 in CUP I made one model for the magazine and retextured that via hidden selection, but, as pointed out, you need new mags for that, it isn't possible to do that e.g. via setObjectTexture.

52 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

Well, yeah, that's the point. You cannot retexture a magazine proxy unless you make a new magazine. It isn't possible to retexture an existing magazine proxy since proxies cannot be retextures on the gun.
In Arma 2, when the magazine was almost always part of the gun, or, in the case of an RPG-7, the entire model was exchanged depending on the loaded ammo, this was possible (always provided that the hidden selections were there).

I mean, for my AK-12 in CUP I made one model for the magazine and retextured that via hidden selection, but, as pointed out, you need new mags for that, it isn't possible to do that e.g. via setObjectTexture.

Unture, you can definitely retexture already existing magazines, i have done this with all 5.56 mags, AK-12 mags, AK.5.45 mags, all to make them less shiny.

7 hours ago, weaponslinger3 said:

Unture, you can definitely retexture already existing magazines, i have done this with all 5.56 mags, AK-12 mags, AK.5.45 mags, all to make them less shiny.

Define "retexture"
If you mean make a new magazine config, set hiddenSelectionTextures to something else, then that is exactly what I said above. If you mean setObjectTexture on a weapon that is using a proxy, then no, it doesn't work.

• Like 1

Well, you wrote it very confusing at first. 😛

4 hours ago, lexx said:

Well, you wrote it very confusing at first. 😛

Admittedly, yes. Should have been more clear with what I mean with "magazine".

On 11/25/2021 at 4:26 PM, soldier2390@hotmail.com said:

Does the new input controller command fix the issues with the Xbox one controller, where the right trigger couldn’t be assigned to fire a weapon?

It is a getter, it will return status of given input thats all. Also, first time I hear that right trigger cannot fire, we are taking right bottom trigger, right?

Yes the bottom right trigger. I have that assigned to fire a weapon, and the left bottom trigger to aim. I had seen a few reports of this awhile back when searching for a solution so I figured it was known. To explain it with better detail I will link a post that someone created on the steam forums. The OP did a good job on explaining what exactly happens.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/5/360671352688331679/

There is xbox controller scheme in controller configuration, when activated you can see xbox controller button images on buttons in UI, did you activate the scheme?

Then it must be the driver. I have ps4 controller that hasnt got suitable scheme so I map it directly and all triggers work fine with default driver provided by windows. Anyway, back to the original question, the command is only relevant when one uses controller scheme.

7 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

Then it must be the driver. I have ps4 controller that hasnt got suitable scheme so I map it directly and all triggers work fine with default driver provided by windows. Anyway, back to the original question, the command is only relevant when one uses controller scheme.

Ok so I checked and the drivers and stuff are up to date, but problem remains. What should I do next? And you haven’t heard of this issue before? Should I ask this on discord to see if anyone else is having this issue?

29 minutes ago, soldier2390@hotmail.com said:

Ok so I checked and the drivers and stuff are up to date, but problem remains. What should I do next? And you haven’t heard of this issue before? Should I ask this on discord to see if anyone else is having this issue?

could be a good start

Just noticed this while working on some mod stuff, but the Gendarmerie beret isn't using its RVMAT, and is using the default beret RVMAT. Pretty sure it used to have it and the files are present in the game, so thought I would report it.

DdcRYT6.jpgg9ahHmc.jpg

• Like 1