1 hour ago, DnA said:

It's similar to what's described in the most recent SITREP (OPERATIONS section). There are not many developers assigned to it full-time anymore, but there are a lot Arma 3 dev veterans who keep an eye on it and pitch in where needed or there is time. We are also exploring some new ways of still continuing limited development work, while keeping the vanilla game stable.

Thanks. This will help us to avoid making tickets that have little chance of being actioned. I particularly like the notion of more scripting commands.

• Like 3

Effect is instant, fade values are ignored

[true,10,10] call BIS_fnc_EXP_camp_setCinematicMode;

line 37

0 cutText ["", "BLACK FADED", _fadeScreenTime];

should be

0 cutText ["", "BLACK OUT", _fadeScreenTime];

Any chances for a fix?

• Like 2

all Asians Heads have a problem with beret on the front border, you have a texture glitches , only the asians
87E646AB148B1497DC69243F67BA200CDD19B93F

• Like 2

"Added: Static M2 (low / raised), with optional ballistic shield and collimator sight"

What? Hallelujah! Christmas has come early this year.

-k 

Hmm, this is not a request, just a suggestion... With Contact, we now have a HEMTT Cargo variant. Can we get the same for the CSAT Tempest? Just take the ammo truck variant, remove the straps and boxes, and call it a day. As far as I can tell, it wouldn't even require changes to the texture.

Same for a flatbed variant, actually - take the device variant, remove the device, done.

Approximated work time... 10 minutes + config entries? Only issue might be the string translations, but it's not exactly rocket science either.

• Like 10

Another suggestion: would it be possible to add in a variant of the raised M2 turret with a limited forward firing arc?

It'd be nice to get this for all turrets, but it'd be particularly good for the M2 because the gunner stands so far behind the pivot point compared to other guns. This makes it awkward to put the gun in bunkers and such, because if the gunner turns around 180 degrees he clips through the wall in front of the gun and possibly just hangs there in the air. It'd also be useful for some attachTo applications (I dream of M2-equipped RHIBs).

Spoiler

EQMbAFu.jpg

I don't know what controls the firing arc of guns but if they're just config values this could be very, very easy to implement.  Turns out it is just a config value; maxTurn and minTurn in the turret config. So yeah, unless there's something weird that would make that not work, it should be very easy to implement. Something like a +/- 50 degrees horizontal arc would probably be good.

Please, also check https://feedback.bistudio.com/T144897 - A-164 Wipout inverted right aileron

It's now positioned/rotated correctly, but it's so much darker than the left, that one can't even see the details, whereas on the left ailron one can clearly see all the details.

arma3diag_x64_2020-03-24_23-21-53-790.jp

Kipchak Vest clips with the CSAT uniform. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T150037

The ghillie_hide selection is also broken for it, and it doesn't hide under ghillie suits.

20200326203048_1.jpg

And again, can we please add hiddenSelections to all NVGs and Binocs for modders?

• Like 2

The Beret (Black) - headgear_beret01 - model has a camo selection in its shadow volume. Please fix. Thanks!

Can some of the devs explain what are the return values of getAssetDLCInfo stand for? I wanted to write the info to BIKI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2020 at 9:53 AM, POLPOX said:

Can some of the devs explain what are the return values of getAssetDLCInfo stand for? I wanted to write the info to BIKI.

Sorry for the delay

[IsDlc, IsOwned, IsInstalled, IsAvailable, appID(string), name(string)]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Sorry for the delay

[IsDlc, IsOwned, IsInstalled, IsAvailable, appID(string), name(string)]

Thanks Dedmen, so basically it's the same thing with the thing that written in rpt file, isn't it?

Also, what's the difference between isAvailable and isOwned? Available in-game (unlike Maps, Soundtracks or Tactical Guide) vs purchased on Steam?

Issue Report:

The iron sights of the Zafir 7.62 mm are off.

Specifically the front sight is too low. By about one width of it. This results in shots going too high no matter of the distance when zeroed correctly.

On 300m you miss like 0.5-1m but on greater distance this is going to be even more noticable.

From 500m up you actually start hitting with the sight zeroed to 300m...

Spoiler

A6B575EC9A9A3B4BD1AEFA395F9A53F390D5631F

Left group aimed at center of the target, 300m

Right group aimed at the ground below the target, 300m

3012F9869814A9D5752AC4E5057A6ECB9C149E8A

Shots landing at the center of the target

• Like 6

Can "O_NVGoggles_blk_F.p3d" and "O_NVGoggles_blk_off_F.p3d" in "A3\Weapons_F_Exp\Binocular\" please be moved to platform? None of the other CSAT NVGs require Apex and this one isn't even available without mods.

Cheers,

Avery.

ZSU-39 Tigris has a inverted handle on the turret hatch.

107410_20200509143449_1.png

The UH-80 Ghost Hawk's co-pilot stick is inverted in the 1st LOD.

107410_20200509143501_1.png

Kamysh and Tigris have driver / gunner / commander hatches which aren't part of the camo selection in distant LODs.

107410_20200508195954_1.png

• Like 5

Is there a hardcoded limit to radars? I know you can mod the ranges but it seems radar wont pick out a target beyond 22.5Km, even when tracking one already, it drops out beyond that range. If it is hardcoded any chance of increasing that range?  

Edit: on a side note the datalink doesn't seem to suffer from this limitation I've seen targets show up beyond 70-80km away through datalink. 

• Like 1

Were all the inventory objects like intel, phones, money, etc made into inventory items in Old Man, or earlier? I just noticed this and it's something I've been missing since Arma 2! Great addition!

I know requests are unrealistic at this point, as ever, but it would be really great if some more of the smaller objects were available as items too. Mainly the rugged laptops and tablet, since the regular laptop is an item. Much better for 'find the intel' objectives when you have an actual thing you need to have on you.

20200610204323_1.jpg

20200610204325_1.jpg

AK-74U aka 5.45 magazine has missing camo selections in its 2 LOD(?).

Also, can we get a camo selection for the signs texture on the Xi'an (and Blackfish if it doesn't have them)?

• Like 1

Still relevant:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T152276 - Fix/prevent helicopters from force-exploding when they fall/lay on the side

good example of it being possible and this is the way it should be, if the helicopter overall/ hull is not dammeged or not dammaged enough to explode

hdLtO2x.jpg

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T150535 - setViewDistance doesn't override overall visibility in video settings for guided rockets/missiles

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T148411 - List of vehicles with commander turret not returned back by AI to vehicle's direction, when player switches to another seat

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T148556 - List of vehicles with wheels sinking into the ground (locally)
1Atwlgc.jpg

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T152270 - Offroad (Repair) shines in bluish tint, no matter what cammo selected (wheels included) vs. regular offroads

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T152272 - A-149 Gryphon jet when different parts of it are dammaged, change color and have holes unlike the rest of the jet or other jets

SK66snD.jpgjH53GRz.jpg

• Like 2

Bug in coop MP since last update - sometimes can't hear other players' weapons firing. In one instance it happened after a team respawn, another time it was from the start (while playing Firing From Vehicles COOP showcase).

In another mission, I as the client couldn't hear any AI characters' gunshots (but could hear mine and the other player's). They all had custom loadouts and had previously been hidden and simulation disabled.

Server and client both running all official DLC and expansions only (Contact enabled but not platform).

since last dev update, like the one from last week? because there were no changes that could affect sound

Yeah, I play MP once a week and it wasn't an issue last week. At first I thought it was just the one custom COOP mission that was causing it, but as I said, it was also happening during a stock mission with only official content running. I'm sure it's happened before, too. There have been some recurring phantom locality issues like that over the years.

From an earlier changelog (the one before today's):

"Tweaked: 3DEN custom compositions now get placed into their own layer (like pre-configured compositions)"

Could this be rolled back? 

I find it a bit annoying when using many small compositions that they are all in their own layer.

I find it to be easier to create a new layer for a larger composition right after placing it and still have it all selected, if needed.

Or maybe add a checkbox when creating those compositions?