7 hours ago, AveryTheKitty said:

NVG simulation - its retexturable: 

only first state is retexturable - try moving nvg down for instance.

9 hours ago, reyhard said:

only first state is retexturable - try moving nvg down for instance.

20200131102929_1.jpg

class NVGogglessdasdfsa: NVGoggles
	{
		hiddenSelections[] = {camo};
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"TEXTURE HERE"};
		class ItemInfo: ItemInfo
		{
			hiddenSelections[] = {camo};
		};
	};

Can anyone confirm that the "Hold Space to Skip" action doesn't work in Laws of War? 

Additionally, it seems to also get triggered when pressing other keys. (Tested without mods and on current dev build)

52 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Can anyone confirm that the "Hold Space to Skip" action doesn't work in Laws of War?

Additionally, it seems to also get triggered when pressing other keys. (Tested without mods and on current dev build)

Damn... that's still a thing. @R3vo, confirmed on both counts. Stable version 1.96.

It has nothing to do with concealing the vehicle from either visual identification or infra red identification.

Solely for cosmetic purposes.

Also maybe an Orca with a gimbal optics and a laser ?

Anyway, the tanks dlc was underwhelming, so I think it would be great to see some real improvement.

• Confused 1

Nobody ever uses it for real suggestions, I went thru that with another game  which is now dead.

People, including me were writing paragraphs that nobody read except a few dedicated veterans.

1 hour ago, UAV Operator said:

Nobody ever uses it for real suggestions, I went thru that with another game  which is now dead.

People, including me were writing paragraphs that nobody read except a few dedicated veterans.

Not false. I deserted it since it seems to belong to a certain blond sergeant Major... (joke)

11 hours ago, UAV Operator said:

It has nothing to do with concealing the vehicle from either visual identification or infra red identification.

Not true. They should work against IR to a degree, and depending on the environment (just like real camo) can make a tank much harder to spot at long range. It's impossible to make anything better on the ArmA3 engine, and besides, no camo is perfect.

Stop trying to defend a cosmetic addition to the game, and there are ways to have a different heat signature, you don't know what are you talking about.

Vehicles in Arma need a way to conceal it from preying jets.

unnamed.jpg

On 2/2/2020 at 1:08 AM, UAV Operator said:

Anyway, the tanks dlc was underwhelming, so I think it would be great to see some real improvement.

I'm afraid you are a little bit late to the party. There is no active development on the game anymore in terms of new features. Which makes sense since the game is many years old. Perhaps beautiful tank bushes in Arma 4! 

• Like 2

I mean, the camouflage nets are already pretty abstract shapes, and set up with hidden selections. It'd be trivial to rework them as strapped on foliage just in the mission editor (you don't even need scripts, it's literally just one command for the texture, one for the material). Hell, you probably don't even need new assets, just find one of the bush textures that works.

Or you could use the Tin Foil Hat textures to protect your tank from THEM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/2/2020 at 5:18 PM, UAV Operator said:

Stop trying to defend a cosmetic addition to the game, and there are ways to have a different heat signature, you don't know what are you talking about.

Vehicles in Arma need a way to conceal it from preying jets.

That picture proves my point. There is no way to fully conceal a heat signature, especially of a running engine. I do know what I'm talking about, seeing as not only do I study physics, I've got quite a few hours logged in flight sims. You clearly either didn't give camo nets a try, or you're trying to use Tanoa ones on Livonia, which will not work too well. The problem in ArmA is that everything that is not a unit or vehicle has the exact same temperature, so anything that is warm stands out. IRL, thermal imaging is not nearly as good.

The bottom line is: if you're getting killed by jets, stock up on AA weapons. The truth is, aircraft really are that powerful, and it's very hard to hide a tank from them. If they know, roughly, where to look for you, you're toast, camo net or not. You can't prevent them from locking onto you (even with a cold engine) and you're unlikely to prevent them from finding you. Planes and attack helos kill tanks, that's just how the world works.

• Like 1

Regarding the Ambient Animal System, the config values for Altis, Stratis and Malden 2035 are...

class AmbientA3
		{
			maxCost=500;
			class Radius440_500
			{
				areaSpawnRadius=70;
				areaMaxRadius=200;
				spawnCircleRadius=30;
				spawnInterval=4.6999998;

but on Tanoa and Enoch they are...

class AmbientA3
		{
			maxCost=500;
			class Radius440_500
			{
				areaSpawnRadius=440;
				areaMaxRadius=500;
				spawnCircleRadius=30;
				spawnInterval=4.6999998;

The areaSpawnRadius and areaMaxRadius on Tanoa and Enoch are too large, this means animals in that class group (rabbits, crows, seagulls, kestrels) on Tanoa and Enoch won't spawn around the player as they do on Altis, Stratis and Malden 2035. They do spawn but are just too far away to be noticed.

@DnA Does this need a ticket or is it a design choice for Tanoa and Enoch?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EO said:

Does this need a ticket or is it a design choice for Tanoa and Enoch?

Please do file the ticket and if you have values you think would work better, feel free to add them. It's likely there are intentional differences between those terrains, especially with regards to rabbits, but we can check if the approach is the right one.

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2020 at 1:50 PM, EO said:

Regarding the Ambient Animal System, the config values for Altis, Stratis and Malden 2035 are...

class AmbientA3
		{
			maxCost=500;
			class Radius440_500
			{
				areaSpawnRadius=70;
				areaMaxRadius=200;
				spawnCircleRadius=30;
				spawnInterval=4.6999998;

but on Tanoa and Enoch they are...

class AmbientA3
		{
			maxCost=500;
			class Radius440_500
			{
				areaSpawnRadius=440;
				areaMaxRadius=500;
				spawnCircleRadius=30;
				spawnInterval=4.6999998;

The areaSpawnRadius and areaMaxRadius on Tanoa and Enoch are too large, this means animals in that class group (rabbits, crows, seagulls, kestrels) on Tanoa and Enoch won't spawn around the player as they do on Altis, Stratis and Malden 2035. They do spawn but are just too far away to be noticed.

@DnA Does this need a ticket or is it a design choice for Tanoa and Enoch?

Altis, Stratis, and Malden all have way too many rabbits.

When you're in the middle of a Kavala during the day, and you can see 3-4 rabbits within 100 meters of you, it's pretty immersion breaking. 

• Like 3

Yeah, the amount of rabbits always bothered me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lexx said:

Yeah, the amount of rabbits always bothered me.

It is the same with Snakes. I have seen like 3 Snakes in the wild IRL in arid regions in my 46 years....but in ArmA....they are everywhere.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 11:31 AM, DnA said:

Please do file the ticket and if you have values you think would work better, feel free to add them. It's likely there are intentional differences between those terrains, especially with regards to rabbits, but we can check if the approach is the right one.

@DnAAny chance to get gimbals on all helicopters ????

On 2/24/2020 at 1:31 AM, UAV Operator said:

@DnAAny chance to get gimbals on all helicopters ????

As with most changes or additions at this stage, it's not very likely due to the amount of developers we have available and very rigid back-compat. However, we of course still have Bohemians working on Arma 3 and we want to keep supporting it as much as we can, so making requests to Feedback Tracker is still the way to go. I'll admit the chances for non-fix changes are low, but we do have devs trawling FT for things in their area of expertise (next to QA triaging new issues). Currently our focus is on preparing the 1.98 update with the Old Man scenario.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting reply, @DnA
 Can you give us an idea of the areas of expertise that are still on the A3 project?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Can you give us an idea of the areas of expertise that are still on the A3 project?

It's similar to what's described in the most recent SITREP (OPERATIONS section). There are not many developers assigned to it full-time anymore, but there are a lot Arma 3 dev veterans who keep an eye on it and pitch in where needed or there is time. We are also exploring some new ways of still continuing limited development work, while keeping the vanilla game stable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3