Regarding v1.96 and possible future updates. Will they be limited to only bug fixes ? No any new assets (e.g. combination of some existing ones)? 

surely no news are good news.......😁

On 7/22/2019 at 5:28 PM, FoxFort said:

No any new assets (e.g. combination of some existing ones)?

No definitely not, nothing planned, but maybe yes, but no promises. You will only find out at the last minute. 😉

The night lighting while playing with in the Contact conversion is amazing.

This is how a moonlit night should look.  

A few issues have popped up in the last update:

20190725221657_1.jpg

Ghosthawk's copilot stick is inverted, it should look like how the pilot's stick appears below:

20190725221701_1.jpg

RVMAT is broken for the NATO GL vest. I also hope the shadows are FINALLY fixed?

20190725214128_1.jpg

* Added: enableAI / disableAI "RADIOPROTOCOL" 

This does not seem to be the case in Arma stable. At least it is throwing an error. 

32 minutes ago, nkenny said:

* Added: enableAI / disableAI "RADIOPROTOCOL" 

This does not seem to be the case in Arma stable. At least it is throwing an error. 

where is the quote from?

Bringing this up because of reasons:

There still is a major bug: When walking and lowering your weapon while doing so, your character keeps walking for several seconds (!!) even without player input.

So: You walk, lower your weapon, release the movement key, character keeps walking. This lead to many situations in which players unintentionally ran (or better slowly walked) into enemy fire or off cliffs etc.

Most likely "just" a config, not an animation issue.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T80081

Video:

• Like 7

@killzone_kid

Dev branch 145895

Thought it would be added to stable.

5 hours ago, laxemann said:

There still is a major bug: When walking and lowering your weapon while doing so, your character keeps walking for several seconds (!!) even without player input.

I might be wrong but I think this isn't a new issue. I noticed the same behavior several times in the past, prior to this patch.

7 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

I might be wrong but I think this isn't a new issue. I noticed the same behavior several times in the past, prior to this patch.

I can confirm this, it happened before 1.94 the same way. It mainly happens if you push the forward button while also pressing the weapon down combo (2x CTRL)

1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

Yeah, right, the ticket was opened by me years ago. Just thought that it needed a push. 😄

21 hours ago, laxemann said:

Yeah, right, the ticket was opened by me years ago. Just thought that it needed a push. 😄

Ah LOL gotcha... yeah it is a very annoying bug and once almost cost me my life running down a cliff - I was lucky there is no inertia while turning 🙂

The same weird move is present in ED1E UVG when moving slow forward and trying to stop.

@DnA 

Hi, how soon we can expect to be allowed to mod Contact/Enoch assets? EBO to PBO switch.

Some general notes about the recent update:

• Contact welcome screen is shown every time the game is started.
  • Statistics in Eden Editor still show the Eden camera in the Comments section.
  • Why do the new functions  use the BIN tag instead of the default BIS tag?
  • Closing the game takes quite long with Arma 3 Contact loaded
  • It would be nice to have BIN_fnc_showHorizontalCompass in the base game. Seems to be a nice addition
  • Would it be possible that BIN_fnc_showSimpleNotification would support custom text? It's a nicer way for mission creators to display information.
  • When the new soundtracks get added to the base game (I suppose this is planned?) It would be nice if someone would take the time to update all music classes with a duration, theme and display name. For example
 configfile >> "CfgMusic" >> "MAD"

Has no theme and display name defined. Additionally, some tracks seem to be listed twice for whatever reason "Track01_Proteus" and "LeadTrack02_F" just as an example.

• The changelog mentions 

Added: Cutscene and ambient animations*

can these animations be used with BIS_fnc_ambientAnim/combat?

• Can we get that "flashlight on map during nights" feature please? 😉
  • The Server browser shows Enoch instead of Livonia as map. dx4ZQGE.png
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, R3vo said:

Contact welcome screen is shown every time the game is started.

This is in sandbox mode or Contact mode? It implies the counter is not stored; can you check the return of:

profileNamespace getVariable ["BIS_welcomeScreenContactShown", 0]

22 hours ago, R3vo said:

Why do the new functions  use the BIN tag instead of the default BIS tag?

Bohemia Interactive Netherlands (also used in Laws of War)

22 hours ago, R3vo said:

When the new soundtracks get added to the base game

In a future update they will be indeed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DnA said:

This is in sandbox mode or Contact mode? It implies the counter is not stored; can you check the return of:

profileNamespace getVariable ["BIS_welcomeScreenContactShown", 0]

For me, it's only when contact is enabled (by using the dedicated button, or manually loading it). I have it as 19, it increments every time I see it, and the welcome screen still shows. It might actually be the check that is missing, or a typo there?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DnA said:

The counter returns 19. The issue is that BIS_fnc_showWelcomeScreen checks and sets the variable BIS_welcomeScreenPreContactShown.

Setting BIS_welcomeScreenPreContactShown to >= 3 removes the welcome screen permanently.

• Thanks 1

@killzone_kid BIS_fnc_3DENInterface doesn't set its variable _display to private. Would be nice if that could be fixed.

• Sad 1

Will parseSimpleArray get more compatibility for like more Null (e.g. objNull) commands?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Will parseSimpleArray get more compatibility for like more Null (e.g. objNull) commands?

And if you guys are making it less "simple" anyway, can you please add support for space after comma? If you can filter for null/nil then you can also jump over 0x20.

34 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

can you please add support for space after comma?

It has been added awhile ago

• Thanks 1