the guy at left has an AK? is gorgeus

The second image with red light alien 'ship' seems to depict Spetsnaz if that is what you mean. Funny that they look like they are wearing body armor there though. 

Latest dev branch changelog:

Tweaked: Improved performance when attaching Simple Objects to other objects

Minor bug, in the tank destroyer showcase there is a HEMTT with a piece floating.

954F35D85499DF0F1BF30312EFDC801237ECE293

1 hour ago, ISparkle said:

The second image with red light alien 'ship' seems to depict Spetsnaz if that is what you mean. Funny that they look like they are wearing body armor there though. 

That's because it's a fan-created image using custom loadouts (and the "ship" is the vanilla HMS Proteus stood on its bow). It's not an official screenshot.

6 hours ago, soceris said:

Minor bug, in the tank destroyer showcase there is a HEMTT with a piece floating.

954F35D85499DF0F1BF30312EFDC801237ECE293

It looks like parts of the bed are hidden.

It would be nice to be able to hide the bed, then you could script unloading the cargo container from the Hemtt.

Edit

After some testing I found that you can hide the beds on the HEMTTs  with,

this setObjectTexture [2, ""];  
this setObjectTexture [3, ""]; 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NikkoJT said:

That's because it's a fan-created image using custom loadouts (and the "ship" is the vanilla HMS Proteus stood on its bow). It's not an official screenshot.

I was aware of that before making that comment. But... uh, thanks? Just commenting on slightly different ideas between BI and user was all.

11 hours ago, stburr91 said:

After some testing I found that you can hide the beds on the HEMTTs  with,

this setObjectTexture [2, ""];  
this setObjectTexture [3, ""]; 

I get nasty things happening.

fd0bb85c64.png

On the HEMMT repair, this setObjectTexture [3, ""]; removes the box and makes it look like the flatbed.

Then, this setObjectTexture [2, ""]; removes the DROPPS bed component too.

i try again the new color of the arms and legs for tanoans is terrible
please BI rework with a watered down tone

2qwmn7r.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

I get nasty things happening.

Which HEMTT are you using, because I didn't get that with the cargo container version on Livonia that I tested.

12 hours ago, zukov said:

i try again the new color of the arms and legs for tanoans is terrible
please BI rework with a watered down tone

Totally agreed, I don’t know what happened there but the new skin tone is way worse.

Something is currently wrong with ambient sound and it seems a change in soudn config has backfired into other maps, Currently even if you set weather overcast and wind manually to 0, there constant sound of wind, also the wind turbines always move the same, no matter what strenght the wind is, even with wind off.

Also at Tanoa there is a strange thing happening with ambient sound in the jungle. If you place a player into the jungle and move through it, there will be the sound of strong winds all few meters inside the jungle, mostly close to rocks. This strong wind soudn is in no way related to actual wind, since it's also there is no wind is set.

^ That's since the Contact map hit dev-branch, if I remember right. Especially on Tanoa near the surface mine you'll be blasted with wind if you move around there a little bit.

• Like 1

@DnA, Is there likely to be a RC before the 25th July?

Hopefully the the complete loss of ambient environmental sounds in and over the river running through Livonia will be addressed. This has been present since Livonia was first pushed to Dev branch. It's a major immersion breaker and shouldn't be present when it's pushed to stable branch. Livonia is after all Premium Content. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 9:11 PM, soceris said:

Yep, sure needs a fix.

Bobcat is a bit under the  surface too.

17 hours ago, lexx said:

^ That's since the Contact map hit dev-branch, if I remember right. Especially on Tanoa near the surface mine you'll be blasted with wind if you move around there a little bit.

Yes, I just tested that, the wind noise over overwhelming. 

7 hours ago, EO said:

@DnA, Is there likely to be a RC before the 25th July?

Hopefully the the complete loss of ambient environmental sounds in and over the river running through Livonia will be addressed. This has been present since Livonia was first pushed to Dev branch. It's a major immersion breaker and shouldn't be present when it's pushed to stable branch. Livonia is after all Premium Content. 

3 days till release and now such big issues show up. I'm really concerned about this platform update now. Again an update that breaks more than it adds... and what ever get broken now might never get fixed. The game is already infested enough with bugs introduced by "updates" that never got fixed. This bad trend is unfortunately gaining momentum.

• Thanks 1

We are looking into that. The current public RC is not going to be the one released on Thursday; we've since updated it with more fixes, but do not have capacity to update the public branches (branching with the optional Contact data has pre-release complications with the Steam back-end). We are also going to be working on a post-release 1.96 update with anything else found, but of course our first goal is to make 1.94 as solid as possible.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Question: Will the new functionality of parseSimpleArray that KK wrote in the BIKI make into the next Dev-Branch update and/or next Stable Branch update? I'm looking forward to use it.

Likely not; we've not merged anything non-critical (i.e. new functionality) to 1.94 for well over a week. So that's more likely going into 1.96.

• Like 4