Devs and everyone else here took extended weekend brake? No one is talking and no updates 😄

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, FoxFort said:

No one is talking and no updates 😄

I'd say everyone has chewed the ass out of the Dev Branch Contact updates....we are all patiently waiting for the Campaign now.  

@FoxFort

Same. Been refreshing the forum all day long.

-k

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, nkenny said:

@FoxFort

Same. Been refreshing the forum all day long.

-k

I've just been back from my vacation and was already wondering what happened while I was away 😄

6 hours ago, FoxFort said:

Devs and everyone else here took extended weekend brake? No one is talking and no updates 😄

Probably because Saturday 6th July was a Czech Public Holiday. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Probably because Saturday 6th July was a Czech Public Holiday. 

It's true, but it didn't slow us down much in the Amsterdam studio 😎 Mainly there was an internal packing pipeline flaw that created some mess in the data. This will probably also make the upcoming Dev-Branch update rather large due to repacking.

Why a lot of structures pbos got an update to reduce their filesize? What are removed?

Changed: HEMTT Cargo and Flatbed to be part of the platform

Does this mean everyone who owns Arma 3 can use them without restriction?

Changed: Made new ARCO, Holosight, MRD and Bipod reskins part of the platform

Absolutely lovely change!

Sorry, misreading. I thought these turn retextureable, but mostly means the same with above?

Also... still no Enoch musics? :icon_cry:

1 hour ago, POLPOX said:

Also... still no Enoch musics? :icon_cry:

Good question. Still w8ting for music too

130Rnd .338 belts, which are located in LDF Special Weapons crate, incompatible with SPMG. Somehow it's a different item with a different classname (SPMG doesn't have 200Rnd belts).

Spoiler

H4NHX01.png

wadK6Bq.jpg

34 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Why a lot of structures pbos got an update to reduce their filesize? What are removed?

We sometimes (have to) clear the cache of our packing pipelines. So only unused data (for example placeholder textures) are then removed. In some cases this leads to missing data (see the known issues). If you spot further missing data, please let us know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DnA said:

We sometimes (have to) clear the cache of our packing pipelines. So only unused data (for example placeholder textures) are then removed. In some cases this leads to missing data (see the known issues). If you spot further missing data, please let us know.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T140973

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T140183

Something like this?

• Thanks 1

like all past platforms update,  i ask to fix the texture on AAF heavy vest  olive color ,  the mag is cleary painted with green and not in grey metal like standard. please! ( the cherry on top would be to use the textures from the EOD vests they are much better)
2wf7s5t.jpg

On 6/2/2019 at 7:53 PM, haleks said:

@DnA with the new expansion coming, I'm hoping animation artists can take a few minutes to fix a small issue.

The left hand on the unarmed running animation has always bothered me :

0f4f3d02e82df6190f43296358f2ddaa.jpg

It behaves like it's holding binoculars and isn't animated like the right hand. It's the only unarmed animation behaving like that, can we hope for a fix? Please? mellow2.gif

@DnA: The above issue is even more disturbing with the new CBRN suit :

3d41e20527c3c7c232b98c478c1cd165.jpg

cryb.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What changes were made to the SAMs? Because right now they seem to have no proximity fuse and be completely useless since I flew over them with a Shikra and didn't even have to use any CM because they all just missed...

6 hours ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

What changes were made to the SAMs? Because right now they seem to have no proximity fuse and be completely useless since I flew over them with a Shikra and didn't even have to use any CM because they all just missed...

Is it that the same case like with proxy mines? I'm not sure but looks like proxy work different way  in sp and mp, or in mp not working at all even in main branch mp official games. I think it's bigger issue that and start somewhere after Lands of War release. I have traced that, I can be wrong.

2 hours ago, Glow said:

Is is that a same case like with proxy mines? I'm not sure but looks like proxy work different way  in sp and mp, or in mp not working at all even in main branch mp official games. I think it's bigger issue that and start somewhere after Lands of War release. I have traced that, I can be wrong.

I experienced the A2A missiles to work fine though. 

3 hours ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

You do not need any CC against SAMS in a shikra...SAMs like Titan AA can't hit targets doing more then 900km/h except for direct head on locks. Those are meant more for low and slow flying aircraft.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, haleks said:

It behaves like it's holding binoculars and isn't animated like the right hand. It's the only unarmed animation behaving like that, can we hope for a fix? Please?

Heh.  I'd prefer to see "ainvpknlmstpslaywnondnon_medicother" not have the medic reach through his body with his left hand to hold the rifle slung on his right side.  The animation is fine if no rifle is slung and it's also fine if the medic is holding a pistol while a rifle is slung.  It's just being unarmed with a rifle slung that throws it off.

Then there's switching to a pistol from no weapon while kneeling, which goes through a launcher animation before drawing the pistol.  Ironically, if healing someone with a pistol out while kneeling, the medic will holster the pistol, perform the heal, and smoothly draw the pistol again.  No launcher animation.  Drawing a pistol while standing or prone works fine.

Oh, and add the multiplayer aspect of getting into the back of a truck.  The player getting in will see the mounting animation, but everyone else just sees him standing until his character teleports into the vehicle.

That's just off the top of my head.  I better stop before I start ranting.

• Like 1

For sure! Animations are so "optimized" in term of code, that you have to "heal yourself" in front of a damaged vehicle for repairing it. A repair animation exists but for a reason, devs prefer the healing one (with the little sound of a vial, it's so cute!).

16 hours ago, haleks said:

@DnA: The above issue is even more disturbing with the new CBRN suit :

when running with rifle raised (iirc) the right lag also snaps in place very unnaturally when coming forward, short before touching ground. Cant unsee anymore x(

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

You do not need any CC against SAMS in a shikra...SAMs like Titan AA can't hit targets doing more then 900km/h except for direct head on locks. Those are meant more for low and slow flying aircraft.

I'm talking about MIM-145 and S-750. Those should be able to catch it easily. 

Well... Spetsnaz team leader from Combat Patrol group still has wrong grenades in his inventory. 

I have noticed that in Combat Patrol group, there are two autorifleman, both same UI name "Autorifleman". Should they be renamed so that it's not the same name?

BTW: Nice work with Police siren and lights. Really cool addition!

@JB47394

Nah. Keep ranting. Preferably into a bug report. 

Edited by R0adki11
flaming-baiting comments removed
  • Haha 1