*** Some of the weapon, gear and accessory reskins currently require Arma 3 Contact ownership, but we intend to merge those back to where the originals were added (platform or Arma 3 Apex for example).

This is encouraging to hear. But does BI plan this for Apex reskins too? iirc it was the case when Apex launched, and restricting access to reskinned vanilla weapons and vehicles is a bit strange. For example, a green NATO pacific slammer is locked to non Apex owners, so is the green MX. Given that it's been 3 years since Apex released, it would be nice to merge those with the base game. It's anyhow possible to export/import the camo via arsenal or use setObjectTexture to do the same thing for vehicles, so why lock those skins to factions (and by extension, DLC owners)? Related to: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123252

On a different note, if there are artists that are working on buildings, it would be great to finally be able to throw grenades through the windows of Land_u_House_Big_01_V1_F. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T84758 See Pennyworth's comment as well, it seems to affect another model too. This is a 6 year old bug, kinda sad that it's still in there.

And since there are people working on bridges, would be great if light from vehicles wouldn't disappear on every other bridge section. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127520

12 hours ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

2. Make Looters available for every side (like FIA) that way they would still be able to fight invading Russians but also LDF and Blufor.

This sounds like a good way to do it.

Green and red chemlights are still buggy. They also weaker than the others.

35 minutes ago, danil-ch said:

What are your dynamic lights settings? It seems like you have reached dynamic lights count - algorithm for disabling excessive lights is quite complex and use terrain grid and not actual distance to player so I would assume that is the case here.

6 hours ago, SuicideKing said:

For example, a green NATO pacific slammer is locked to non Apex owners, so is the green MX. Given that it's been 3 years since Apex released, it would be nice to merge those with the base game

What do you mean by locked? I'm pretty sure that you can use green MX if you don't own Apex. DLC icon in virtual arsenal doesn't necessarily means you get DLC pop ups - it's also serving as an indicator from where particularly asset come from so you also have sort of picture what specific DLC brought you to base game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reyhard said:

What are your dynamic lights settings?

Ultra.

It seems like you have reached dynamic lights count - algorithm for disabling excessive lights is quite complex and use terrain grid and not actual distance to player so I would assume that is the case here.

Same place, but different colors

4 hours ago, danil-ch said:

What are your dynamic lights settings? It seems like you have reached dynamic lights count - algorithm for disabling excessive lights is quite complex and use terrain grid and not actual distance to player so I would assume that is the case here.

quite complex and use terrain grid and not actual distance to player

You heard that? That's not distance-based but brighter-darker based. Darker light will be hidden fast than brighter light. And red light is darker than yellow light.

Tweaked: Improved the bullet tracing function in Virtual Arsenal with partial support for submunition (i.e. shotgun pellets). The tracing script is now also attached to the currently controlled vehicle so it's possible to track e.g. a cannon shell path.

Nice! But... checking around the projectile every each frame to look for submunitions are created, is really meh method IMO. I always wished for engine-based solution, like to detect a projectile is exploded/made submunitions Event Handler. It is always happy for everyone.

BIN_fnc_CBRNHoseInit also. Event Handler to detect a unit's inventory has changed is a better solution.

...Of course, I'm assuming add an engine solution is really a hard work for developers and programmers. Are Event Handlers like these even considered possible?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Event Handler to detect a unit's inventory has changed is a better solution.

We have a simple module in the works that can handle some CBRN gear stuff based on those. The ideal would have been gear-level EHs, but we looked into those with programmers and they were deemed infeasible (i.e. lots of risky work to make work in all circumstances).

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, POLPOX said:

like to detect a projectile is exploded/made submunitions Event Handler

We already have that. Sadly it's a config only eventhandler so....

17 hours ago, POLPOX said:

Event Handler to detect a unit's inventory has changed is a better solution.

CBA implements it by comparing getUnitLoadout once per frame, and firing off scripted events based on that.

• Like 1

For the upcoming Contact DLC weapon content, can you please include colored reload-tracer variants for all factions, please? This should be rather simple to do, but would allow mission makers to repurpose some of the new weapons also for different factions. In general, it would be great, if all magazines in the game would by default come with reload-tracer variants in green, red and yellow. Alternatively, please provide blank variants without any-reload tracers.

• Like 4

On 6/25/2019 at 1:48 AM, reyhard said:

DLC icon in virtual arsenal doesn't necessarily means you get DLC pop ups - it's also serving as an indicator from where particularly asset come from so you also have sort of picture what specific DLC brought you to base game.

I really really really wish this wasn't the case. Countless times when I've played with friends, they have gotten incredibly confused trying to figure out what is premium and what isn't. And it leaves a sour taste in their mouth when they assume "Bipods have a DLC icon. I guess I can't use those..." even though they're free assets, for example. If they want to know where the content came from, they can check the DLC catalog (Shift+P or whatever).

It makes the base content look even smaller when free additions from platform updates are also given DLC icons despite not being a premium asset.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AveryTheKitty said:

I really really really wish this wasn't the case. Countless times when I've played with friends, they have gotten incredibly confused trying to figure out what is premium and what isn't. And it leaves a sour taste in their mouth when they assume "Bipods have a DLC icon. I guess I can't use those..." even though they're free assets, for example. If they want to know where the content came from, they can check the DLC catalog (Shift+P or whatever).

It makes the base content look even smaller when free additions from platform updates are also given DLC icons despite not being a premium asset.

I agree, as a mission maker, it would be good to know what is, and isn't premium content so you can make your mission accordingly. 

Maybe make the icon of the premium content a different color, or something like that. 

• Like 5

Shit I didn't even know that until now. I always avoided using any item with a DLC icon next to it.

How can I really make sure that an object isn't actually tied to a DLC?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2019 at 8:48 AM, reyhard said:

I'm pretty sure that you can use green MX if you don't own Apex.

Oh, alright. My mistake. I have had Apex pretty much since launch so couldn't verify, had to go off memory.

Camo is still locked to the faction (NATO vs NATO Pacifc, etc) though, and with the new camo for LDF etc it would be good if the vehicle customisation screen from the editor allowed selection of all available camo textures for each vehicle (just like Virtual Arsenal from the main menu does). Thus https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123252 is still a valid ticket.

Fixed: Grenade collisions on House (Large, Abandoned)

Cheers! 🙂

BTW, it seems there's an issue that has a relatively simple fix and was reported a year ago. Apparently will be helpful for all community terrains. Given that work is going on for Livonia, it might help with that as well. 
Community Terrain Dust Effect Conflict (+= for nested arrays) https://feedback.bistudio.com/T131130

• Like 2

20 hours ago, lexx said:

Shit I didn't even know that until now. I always avoided using any item with a DLC icon next to it.

How can I really make sure that an object isn't actually tied to a DLC?

Our classic favorite: Trial and error!

And yeah, I really wish there was an alternate icon for platform update items. Having all the DLC means I can't check what is and isn't available to free players when working on a mission, which is rather annoying.

• Like 3

Funnily enough there are also items in the virtual arsenal that are labeled as being vanilla when they are from a DLC, they even show adverts when worn.

One question: Will the Spectrum Device available in contact or enoch, and when they hit Dev-Branch? (IKR the answer may be an “no ETA”)

14 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

One question: Will the Spectrum Device available in contact or enoch, and when they hit Dev-Branch?

contact

We are deliberating eventually moving it to enoch for broader sandbox usage, but there are too many connections across its systems to handle it safely now.

• Like 1

Hello.Again, a request to the developers.

1. A game about the military.

2. The game has a barracks.

3. But there are no beds in the barracks.

Please add:

1. Beds.

2. Individual lockers.

3. Weapon cabinets and pyramids.

The necessary equipment for the deployment of military units in the territory: Livonia, Altis, Stratis, Tanoa, virtual reality.

• Like 1

Can we get a hidden selection for this ammo box?

20190627120116_1.jpg

Then we could have the correct colors for each faction. e.g., white for AAF, dark green / grey for LDF, sage for NATO, etc.

• Like 3

On 6/25/2019 at 1:25 PM, danil-ch said:

Ultra.

Same place, but different colors

@reyhard
Same problem for me

Spoiler

modOBGJ.jpg

19 hours ago, D_Donskoy said:

Hello.Again, a request to the developers.

1. A game about the military.

2. The game has a barracks.

3. But there are no beds in the barracks.

Please add:

1. Beds.

2. Individual lockers.

3. Weapon cabinets and pyramids.

The necessary equipment for the deployment of military units in the territory: Livonia, Altis, Stratis, Tanoa, virtual reality.

All available in 3den

Hi, In Warlords Livonia I noticed an issue that some sectors don't spawn enemies. Also, Nato uses the same MTP camo instead of the new Forest camo... I assume this is still WIP? CSAT Arid camo will look especially strange in Livonia! It would be really nice to fight as the new Livonian units against new Russian Spetsnaz, so we can experience the new vehicles and weapons. I know the new factions have much less vehicles and weapons, but I think it could be a nice change to Warlords not to have super overpowered tanks and planes dominating the match, especially on a map with heavy forests not conducive to tanks and only ONE airfield. Spetznaz and LDF could be reinforced with a few small NATO and CSAT vehicles, Pawnee, Orca, etc if need be... Perhaps even combination of LDF allied with NATO against Spetsnaz and CSAT. Infantry warfare is where Arma shines, not jets!

20190628144703-1.jpg

So far the sector layout looks interesting and different. Only 3 sectors distance from base to base should also be interesting lol. Might want to rethink a few of the sector links around Nadbor XD. I can already see what will happen, Blufor will go for Airbase because it is closer to it than CSAT is, and CSAT will immediately drive for Blufor base. Will be more challenging with so many MBTs and APCs in some of the early sectors. It should make for some interesting new style of Warlords, curious to see what happens! 

• Like 2

Warlords Livonia after just few SP plays:

- AI strategic thinking in Warlords is weak, could be better, especially when there are no fast travel and sector scan available;

- AI have trouble with navigation and driving;

- Polana sector have to many connections imo;

Hi

Not sure if this is the right section. I have a problem getting my home test server on development branch. I have done a clean install of Arma3 server & verified the install. 

I right click on Arma3 server, go to Betas & it is in creatordlc - Creator DLC Build. When I start my server it is still on Stable :

Type: Public
Build: Stable
Version: 1.92.145639

Am I suppose to enter a code to load V1.95? I have bought contact. I noticed it hasnt even got the Enoch folder in the server folder. 

I remember with Malden I had to load Argo to get that going in Development Branch. What am I missing?

cheers