Is there any chance that we will get a combination of the Tactical Vest andt he Rangemaster Belt? Or to avoil clipping just the lower belt part of the Carrier Rig?

I have always disliked the fact that the Police Vest has no space to put a pistol anywhere. A holster of some kind would be awesome. Maybe just give it the holster of the new Modular Carrier Lite retextured black or so...

Spoiler

3701E331A7F84BBAE6515984B36F79AD66582D50

6C606F132F4AE341506CA69F37DB1BB05714DB1D

• Like 7

Hey devs,

I got an suggestion, since new Granit suits needs adequate plate carrier vest and almost all current ingame ones are heavily clipping through model. Why not just merge two new ones to make one especially for it? 

Kipchak Vest + Modular Carrier =

00D1EE734829B06FB8505A2F2490D91C059DF9B8

I understand that you work by "setting things in stone" and have no desire on new things at this development stage. Please consider to create this, as it should not be too complicated to add/combine at this stage (or at least provide me with source files so that I can do it).

Also please add knee pads to granit suits. 

• Like 12

19 hours ago, lumnuon said:

Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus ("B_SCBA_01_F") the ability to work underwater

As far as we could tell, SCBA units do not actually work underwater as a breathing apparatus. You'll need a SCUBA for that. Small difference perhaps, but for that reason we did not ourselves configure it that way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FoxFort said:

Hey devs,

I got an suggestion, since new Granit suits needs adequate plate carrier vest and almost all current ingame ones are heavily clipping through model. Why not just merge two new ones to make one especially for it? 

I understand that you work by "setting things in stone" and have no desire on new things at this development stage. Please consider to create this, as it should not be too complicated to add/combine at this stage (or at least provide me with source files so that I can do it).

great idea, it will be even better with some replacement of pouches, they on weird poz now

• Like 1

BIS - if you guys are working on a next instalment in the arma series ie arma4 can u strongly suggest you reach out to the community and ask users / modders what they would like to see added / removed / changed both at game level and at an engine level ? The community would love to have a voice and help you guys. 

I can for example tell you what I would like to see -

1. Support for articulated vehicles ie lorries and trailers or bv206 all terrain articulated vehicles and ability to tow.

2. Bigger maps so you can actually fly a reasonable distance.

3. Improve the physics more realistic

4. Support for bigger ships and allow for vehicle load / unload etc 

5. Landscapes other than Eastern Europe 

6. Buildings not always dilapidated or fences round objects broken or gaps. 

7. Properly laid out airfields with fuel / aircraft shelters / ammo bunkers / accommodation properly spread out.  

Think that be good place to start - ideally a new forum would be great 

Thanks 

• Confused 1

Arma4? Where? Did I overslept something? What happen with Contact DLC? Nah... It just a spam. Uff... Someone haven't read a topic main post before posting. All good. Sit down. Eat your soup.

I gonna get a hart attack someday... Are you kids on speed or  something? Stop rushing! It's not Apple, with new iPhones poping-up every year. Can we have some more fun with Arma III for now please ???

• Like 2

We gently sweep to Arma III 2.0.  1.94, 1.96, 1.98 and tada!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, FoxFort said:

Hey devs,

Yes, so much yes. Tbh, the promo image led me to believe that there would be some Spetsnaz with armor but I realized how wrong I was in the preview section when they released additional asset details. I second this.

Oops. Saw the mod post a little too late... 😞

Edited by R0adki11
no quoting images as per forum rules
  • Like 1

In the paramilitary_body_injury.rvmat the path to the wound texture is...

texture = a3\characters_f\civil\data\paramilitary_body_injury_mc.paa

However, the name of the .paa texture in the characters_F data file is...

paramilitary_body_injury.paa

so as you can see it's missing the _mc   

I know it's not even on the radar, especially as it's an unused texture and model, but could this be fixed please. 🙏

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

@sentryuk

Please be aware that this is not the "wishlist" topic. 

Please keep it on-topic and directly related to discussing DevBranch updates. 
Thanks!

Ok so how about bis open a public forum so we can feed back community wishlist ? This would clearly be to the benefit of bis.

53 minutes ago, sentryuk said:

Ok so how about bis open a public forum so we can feed back community wishlist ? This would clearly be to the benefit of bis.

We already have wishlist thread - https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/210827-arma-3-community-wishes-ideas-no-discussion/

Now lets get back on topic :thumbsup:

• Like 4

On dev branch, vehicle smoke countermeasure appears to not have any visual effect. Missile is defeated but smoke screen is invisible.

2 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

On dev branch, vehicle smoke countermeasure appears to not have any visual effect. Missile is defeated but smoke screen is invisible.

Any .rpt messages?

On 6/22/2019 at 8:35 AM, DnA said:

SCBA units do not actually work underwater as a breathing apparatus

This is not entirely accurate. I understand this is a bit off topic, but we should be able to discuss certain elements from the current dev build before the main release, specially if there are changes and tweaks that can improve and can be implemented.

Someone actually did some science on this, granted is not the same "breathing apparatus", but is practically similar to the SCBA:

(Meaty stuff @6:37)

I understand that the oxygen tank might not work underwater, however if the mask can be made functional it will be pretty awesome. Specially because the will be more usable stuff underwater for the player, and makes for interesting gear combos:

533F038982BDD84E31C4B5C3651CECCE622A734B

Just my +2 cents, I really love the stuff that you guys do and all you can do with it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 6/22/2019 at 3:35 PM, DnA said:

As far as we could tell, SCBA units do not actually work underwater as a breathing apparatus. You'll need a SCUBA for that. Small difference perhaps, but for that reason we did not ourselves configure it that way.

If it is easily done to config the SCBA as SCUBA I would suggest doing so. It just adds more variety to mission makers to play with. I don't think too many people would be mad about an SCBA working under water. I don't think there are many situations where a mission maker would want players to have SCBA but not be able to breathe under water either.

The SCBA would just act as another nice looking object for divers. 

If there is a problem with the SCUBA being a backpack instead of a vest (as it is now) it's probably not worth putting a lot of afford into it though. 

• Like 2

Could do a quick retexture and add it as a new unique diving gear object. Likely won't happen, but the idea is nice.

• Like 2

There is no reason why SCBA wouldn't work in very shallow water, but deeper down it might have pressure issues. It is certainly not recommended to use an SCBA as a makeshift SCUBA, though if your life depended on it, you probably could do that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2019 at 10:14 PM, R3vo said:

@killzone_kid Could you take a look at BIS_fnc_3DENInterface; ? It has a few variables not set to private which has just caused a huge headache for me because I wasn't aware of that. Thanks in advance.

Should be fixed in 144784 (data)

• Thanks 2

On 6/23/2019 at 5:02 PM, killzone_kid said:

Any .rpt messages?

Only sound-file related

17:20:22 Sound: Error: File: a3\sounds_f\arsenal\weapons\ugl\ugl_tail_meadows.wss not found !!!

To further clarify:

- In editor on Enoch terrain, use Ifrit. Smoke CM appears fine.

- In dedicated server, as client on Tanoa terrain, use Ifrit. Smoke CM is invisible.

1 hour ago, OlegAckbar said:

we need more staging branches

Welcome to our lives 🤗 It's indeed becoming quite a fun dance to manage all branches. In this case we need to test a new BattlEye security update to 1.92 main-branch.

• Like 4

Anyone else thinking the Looter faction probably shouldn't be the same side as LDF? So LDF could actually fight them.

Two solutions I see for this problem:

1. Make LDF Blufor (since it is a Nato member State it would fit but probably brake a bit of the unreleased stuff...)

2. Make Looters available for every side (like FIA) that way they would still be able to fight invading Russians but also LDF and Blufor.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Anyone else thinking the Looter faction probably shouldn't be the same side as LDF? So LDF could actually fight them.

Two solutions I see for this problem:

1. Make LDF Blufor (since it is a Nato member State it would fit but probably brake a bit of the unreleased stuff...)

2. Make Looters available for every side (like FIA) that way they would still be able to fight invading Russians but also LDF and Blufor.

LDF is independent for Warlords is my guess.

@DnA  See these two tickets. In the management of the tank there are two problems that block the control or breaks the interaction with the crew. One was appointed to be corrected last February. The second was not appointed. In the second, I changed the concept, with the current changes.
Both tickets are closely interconnected, and complicate the game interaction in management, cause contradictions or break the functionality of the AI. I would like to know about the possibility of corrections for them.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127626

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127310