On 5/27/2019 at 3:06 PM, pr9inichek said:

@DnA what's about upgrade Virtual Arsenal with group the same weapons with one element but add buttons with colours/camouflages?

Yes PLEASE. And not just the arsenal. Almost every object and unit list in Arma 3 is unnecessarily long and ridiculously annoying to navigate. There is no reason for 4 or 5 separate weapon items in the list for different colors of ONE weapon. Uniforms, vests, helmets, everything. It would really be a benefit to have button options or sub-menus to select the different color items under the PARENT item. Both in the Arsenal and the Eden Editor! For like a single style of, for example, a military cargo post, there are about 10 different items all with different names and in completely different folder names. Needlessly complicated. We just need ONE item in the list for EACH object, and select the color/texture under a sub-menu. Fixing this would significantly reduce the difficulty of using the Arsenal and Eden Editor.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CaptainDawson said:

Needlessly complicated. We just need ONE item in the list for EACH object, and select the color/texture under a sub-menu.

That requires major rework of engine code and item configs, in vanilla game and mods. I can tell you with certainty that's not going to happen.

10 hours ago, FoxFort said:

It would be great if we could "filter" it somehow.

ACE Arsenal has filter/search.

We also thought about combining different textures per weapon, but for the same reason as stated above (major config rework needed) and because you can already search for "woodland" for example we decided that would just be a waste of time.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

That requires major rework of engine code and item configs, in vanilla game and mods. I can tell you with certainty that's not going to happen.

How about just a new config value for items, 'variantOf=parentClassName' or something? Then a new submenu and grouping logic to Arsenal.

If the value is omitted or invalid, continue as before.

No need to go more invasive than that and leave the engine out of it?

1 hour ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Is there any chance that the APEX AK-12 7.62 mm and the GL variant will be renamed as AK-15 since the reallife counterpart chambered in 7.62x39 mm is called the AK-15?

Oh yeah. I agree with this, plus latest version of AK-12 series look different. I would even rename it into a different name, idk how copyright is handheld in this case. They would not need to change classnames in apex, just description/name text. Which is a simple straight forward thing.

14 hours ago, pr9inichek said:

@moricky something like this:

Alternatively, have a camo selection tab in the list on the right side when you select a weapon (the place where you select attachments). Just add an extra tab there with all available camos

XGDY0gX.png

As to how to config this, most variants are just a hiddenSelection inherit from the base class, so this could be done in the exact same way as they are done for vehicles.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, FoxFort said:

idk how copyright is handheld in this case.

It's a communist rifle, there is no copyright. 😛

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

I guess, as it would take a lot of time and work to change that now, it probably will not come into the game, but I would also be happy if the color / camo was just a option, as with the vehicles. You could possibly introduce a category, such as the sight, silencer, bipod etc, which would simply not appear in the inventory of the player. As well as for uniforms, rucksacks and vests. That might make it easier to provide more colors / camo.

I think it is a drawback for A3 that not all equipment and vehicles is available in color variants for all fractions.
I would love to have a desert camouflage version of the CTRG stealth uniform. Or tropical camo for the shikra. And so on ..

Furthermore, I think that the national insignia on the uniforms should be selectable as well as the other insignia. So you could have eg CTRG units from different countries. I find it almost annoying that the US or UK flag is on many uniforms. I would also like to have German, French and other teams with this equipment.

I mean, creating skins is actually a simple but time-consuming job (I do not mean to talk badly about any performance, I mean just equipping the same vehicle with a dozen skins over and over) and I bet there are loads of good graphic designer in the community who would like to create such skins.

I would be incredibly happy if the devs at least comment on why we do not get at least the skins that are already seen on screenshots of a few years ago, when A3 was still in development.

The Statstics in Eden Editor, is detecting the Camera as a Comment which isn't should be.

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2019 at 10:43 PM, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Currently when using the Virtual Arsenal via 3den editor no saved loadouts can be loaded because of the heads being not available in the 3den Arsenal.

Fixed in 143684

• Like 4

21 hours ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Is there any chance that the APEX AK-12 7.62 mm and the GL variant will be renamed as AK-15 since the reallife counterpart chambered in 7.62x39 mm is called the AK-15?

ArmA 3 - AK-12 is accurate to the AK-12 gen2 prototype - latest AK-12 and AK-15 are totally different guns
https://i.servimg.com/u/f36/15/11/39/27/sai-6710.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e8/9b/8f/e89b8f3a53a8a377ba6141808c0d22e6.jpg

As for the naming - in that time they didnt decided but for ArmA 3 sake , we could have AK-12 , AK-15 etc so on if BI will add 5.45 variants too

2nm18uy.png
since the original model was 5.45 version

• Like 2

Any updates on the Game Updater Issues? It seems to get stuck almost every time.

Now that RobertHammer mentions the difference, it looks like Bohemia's AKU-12 and RPK-12 are right out of that second image link in the same "what if the prototypes entered service as-is" way as with Arma 2's "F-35B", even moreso than Battlefield 4's iterations (its AKU-12 had a different muzzle and its RPK-12 had a different bipod arrangement and no drum magazine).

Which I suppose is consistent...

Trivia: Promet rifle is also based on a prototype of MSBS-B, current bullpup design has changed quite a lot (not a problem for me, in fact I prefer old one).

Edit: and another bit of trivia. While I have no idea if there's a Czech word similiar to Promet, but in Poland Romet was a brand of bikes. When Bike DLC? We had those in almost every previous Arma too! :f:

Edited by krzychuzokecia
Romet bike trivia added
  • Like 6

@DnA with the new expansion coming, I'm hoping animation artists can take a few minutes to fix a small issue.

The left hand on the unarmed running animation has always bothered me :

0f4f3d02e82df6190f43296358f2ddaa.jpg

It behaves like it's holding binoculars and isn't animated like the right hand. It's the only unarmed animation behaving like that, can we hope for a fix? Please? mellow2.gif

• Like 6

Currently when selecting some weapons in the virtual Arsenal the weapons do their reload animations without the character doing it. I noticed this with the Lim-85, RPG-7 and probably all pistols. Didn't test all weapons though. 

On 5/31/2019 at 7:33 PM, krzychuzokecia said:

...) but in Poland Romet was a brand of bikes. When Bike DLC? We had those in almost every previous Arma too! :f:

+1 Livonia should have bicycles! The Big Bikes Return in Contact DLC! Yey!

6iAwkjj.jpg

by Greenfist

• Haha 9

On 5/31/2019 at 7:33 PM, krzychuzokecia said:

Trivia: Promet rifle is also based on a prototype of MSBS-B, current bullpup design has changed quite a lot (not a problem for me, in fact I prefer old one).

Edit: and another bit of trivia. While I have no idea if there's a Czech word similiar to Promet, but in Poland Romet was a brand of bikes. When Bike DLC? We had those in almost every previous Arma too! :f:

Promet is based actually on 2 rifles - MSBS & VHS-2 with some 2035 changes requested by Livonian government ;). As for name, Promet follows Polish army designation pattern for rifles which used chemical element names as nicknames. It is worth to note that MSBS was meant to follow that pattern too and Radon was used  as name for some time till it got officially adopted as Grot

• Like 5

I have two questions:

1.:Is there a specific reason why we can not place trees or plants in the editor? (or could I just not find them?)
2.: Is it possible that we can better zoom in on the map in the area around the actual map? The area that is simply black now.
For example, I would like to place an Aircraft Carrier Strike Group FAR (~ 50 Km) off the coast so that you can launch, land, and climb high outside the range of SAM's batteries, and to limit/regulate air support. Unfortunately, you can only really look at a comparatively small area around the map.

Does this has something to do with engine limitations or is this simply the decision of the devs (esp the trees)?

On 5/30/2019 at 1:46 PM, R3vo said:

Any updates on the Game Updater Issues? It seems to get stuck almost every time.

If you are referring to the problem with two-factor authorization. I currently use a .bat file with the following:

steamcmd.exe +login "your steam username" "your steam password" +force_install_dir "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 3 [development]" +app_update 107410 -beta development validate +logoff +logout +quit now

Not optimal, but at least it allows you to update the dev branch

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Varanon said:

If you are referring to the problem with two-factor authorization. I currently use a .bat file with the following:

steamcmd.exe +login "your steam username" "your steam password" +force_install_dir "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 3 [development]" +app_update 107410 -beta development validate +logoff +logout +quit now

Not optimal, but at least it allows you to update the dev branch

Thanks for the tip, but that's not it. Generally updating works, but it sometimes takes ages until it starts to download and other times it just stops at ~50%. 

Changed: createDiaryRecord now accepts additional parameter showTitle, which can hide the typical Date, Time of entry format title

It seems to only hide the title, not the date / time. Is that intended? Also, the scripting help was not updated.

player createDiaryRecord ["Diary",["No Title","description"],taskNull,"",false];

player createDiaryRecord ["Diary",["Title","description"],taskNull,"",true];

bez0lxF.png

Added: "camo3" selection to Guerrilla Garment which can hide a bandage from it

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa|  add finger gloves and remove the orrible kefia! is a much better option 😁

While I really like the GL ammo now being included with weapons with grenade launchers in the Virtual arsenal, there is currently the problem that apparently all free inventory space gets filled with 40mm grenades. And if you change to a weapon without a GL they stay in the inventory. Can you please restrict them to 3+1 being added and them being removed when having no GL selected like the other magazines? 

• Like 1