7 minutes ago, Lbbde said:

we just got our first official snow map

What? Where?

39 minutes ago, Lbbde said:

This was not about a "wishlist" or something like it. It was just a reaction to the latest news from BI. The latest screenshot/image they posted about the announcment literaly says "AAN news report: Russia to pass decision on crucial CSAT membership vote soon.". So I just thought MAYBE we will get a russian CSAT faction branch. It would make sense in some terms because we just got our first official snow map, many CSAT vehicles are already from Russia, Russia has a snowy landscape so it would by reasonably if we got white/gray hex for their vehicles, they could make use of the AK-12 and could get some new versions of it. Following this I asumed that we could get some white camo for the official vehicles to make use of the new snow map from GM.

At the moment I have no wishes regarding the content of ArmA3. My desires are more technical in nature and will probably never be fulfilled, as the development of A3 is more or less over and it is much more complicated to change the core of the game than to create content.

no offense ❤️ 🙂

Russia isn't a member of CSAT *yet*, also they probably won't do Russians because then that would require Apex *and* the new expansion.

Also CDLC content technically isn't official. 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lbbde said:

This was not about a "wishlist" or something like it. It was just a reaction to the latest news from BI. The latest screenshot/image they posted about the announcment literaly says "AAN news report: Russia to pass decision on crucial CSAT membership vote soon.".

Well it might contain Democrats then because they are mentioned in the Trump tweet... Or Illegal... Aliens.

5 hours ago, Lbbde said:

no offense ❤️ 🙂

None taken. It's just that there are wishlist threads already

18 hours ago, lexx said:

What? Where?

There is a winter version of Weferlingen in GM.

17 hours ago, AveryTheKitty said:

Russia isn't a member of CSAT *yet*, also they probably won't do Russians because then that would require Apex *and* the new expansion.

Also CDLC content technically isn't official. 😉

IMO it is some kind of official since it got the BI approved sticker on it and it is published by BI.🤔

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 10:25 AM, DnA said:

It's true that we simply have fewer full-time devs and other staff on Arma 3 development than some years ago. But we do still read the forums, Feedback Tracker, and other channels. And we try to address as much as we can, even when there are fewer replies or ticket updates. Various devs who are meanwhile working on other projects, still regularly take the time to help Arma 3 out. Thanks for keeping us aware of any issues! Oh, and there will still be some good fun coming your way on Dev-Branch in vanilla later this year 😎

Presumably the latest DevBranch release has broken suppression values for AI. I quote:

I think the recent update has dramatically reduced the suppression mechanic in the game. I am seeing values 1/20th of what they were before, it is exceptionally difficult to ever get the AI unit above 0.01 now. I have been looking into our game balance and have determined the suppression module is no where near as effective as it was with the prior release. I am working on a fix for it and I do now have the new boost module in a good state, but I wanted people to know the the value for suppression range has completely changed for some unknown reason.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

LeL, looks like more AK-12's. I am überhyped 😱

• Like 2

Few questions about Arma 3 Contact and Dev-Branch.

• What's the ETA of other contents (weapons, vehicles, units and etc)? TBA?
  • Will update frequency of Dev-Branch increase during development of Contact or not?
  • Where did furnitures of Livonia go? Did the UFO took everything just like Altis? Also, is there any plan to add DayZ and Chernarus-styled furnitures?

So far, I'm loving Livonia. That's really cool terrain.

Feedback?: PO-30 Wrecks have no hiddenSelections[], is this intended?

On 5/22/2019 at 12:05 AM, Alwarren said:

Well it might contain Democrats then because they are mentioned in the Trump tweet... Or Illegal... Aliens.

Looks like we will get great illegal chinese democrat Aliens from Mexico and I guess we will make a great deal with them. Anyways this is a great Expansion. Maybe the greatest Expansion ever made for a Game in the history of great game expansions.

3 hours ago, POLPOX said:

Feedback?: PO-30 Wrecks have no hiddenSelections[], is this intended? 

It's still a WIP asset and it's missing resolution LODs but I added to it camo selections today 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, POLPOX said:
  • What's the ETA of other contents (weapons, vehicles, units and etc)? TBA?
  • Will update frequency of Dev-Branch increase during development of Contact or not?
  • Where did furnitures of Livonia go?

We don't have an exact timeline for further Dev-Branch additions, but they will happen over the next weeks in batches. And there are to be smaller updates with fixes in-between, probably not daily, but as often as we can get them out.

We realize there are arguments for both having / not having furniture baked in, but stuck with how it's been for the other vanilla terrains.

• Like 4

Did I understand correctly that only new buyers will get early access to the new DLC content, but not supporter edition buyers? I am asking because the DLC already appears in my list, but no content is downloaded.

12 minutes ago, instagoat said:

Did I understand correctly that only new buyers will get early access to the new DLC content, but not supporter edition buyers? I am asking because the DLC already appears in my list, but no content is downloaded.

No, Supporters already have Arma 3 Contact(So you've... right?). Look for the folder Enoch in Arma 3 directory, that's Contact data. Or, maybe you're not in Dev-Branch.

I purchased the Arma 3 Supporter's Edition back in the day. Do I get this expansion for free?

The Arma 3 Contact spin-off expansion is made available for free to owners of the Arma 3 Supporter's Edition (note: this edition is no longer on sale).

https://arma3.com/contact

Indeed, Supporter Editions should already own Arma 3 Contact, and have access to Dev-Branch. Note that Dev-Branch currently only contains part of the default enoch folder part of the expansion (terrain, and later weapons / gear). Later there will also be an optionally loaded contact folder part for owners (campaign and aliens).

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, DnA said:

Later there will also be an optionally loaded contact folder part for owners (campaign and aliens).

Well that sucks. 😕

I understand the reasons behind this decision, but locking assets like that is something BIS has been consistantly avoiding in the past (with good reasons); doing this now, forsaking all the past speeches about "not dividing the community", is disappointing to say the least. The motivation is purely commercial, let's not pretend otherwise - and it's a shame - there is no good reason for such a restrictive measure except for the added "incentive" to buy the DLC : scifi lovers will have no other choice if they want to play 3rd party missions involving alien ships - including people who have no scripting or editing knowledge...

I'm perfectly fine with locking actually playable content (vehicles, weapons and such - hell even terrains), but the alien assets, I assume, won't be interactive/playable for most of them and will only be usefull to a handful of mission makers through scripted interactions. With that in mind, it feels like a cheap move. 😕

4 hours ago, instagoat said:

I can confirm that I, as a supporter edition owner, have the terrain already when I load dev branch.

18 minutes ago, haleks said:

but the alien assets, I assume, won't be interactive

Please wait and see; I don't want to spoil this part with specifics. For us the primary motivations were, firstly, not infiltrating the vanilla Arma 3 sandbox with content that those who only care for their authentic mil-sim experience don't want. And secondly, a lot of this content is technically very unconventional and created for our singleplayer campaign most of all. It makes changes to some parts of Arma 3 that we cannot propagate to the vanilla sandbox by default (by overloading configs). If there are ways we can better support modders and scenario creators post-release, such as by organizing the data differently, we're open to discussing it 🙂

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, DnA said:

Please wait and see; I don't want to spoil this part with specifics.

Sure, I understand - I just wanted to share my concerns as a content creator.

39 minutes ago, DnA said:

For us the primary motivations were, firstly, not infiltrating the vanilla Arma 3 sandbox with content that those who only care for their authentic mil-sim experience don't want. And secondly, a lot of this content is technically very unconventional and created for our singleplayer campaign most of all. It makes changes to some parts of Arma 3 that we cannot propagate to the vanilla sandbox by default (by overloading configs).

I'm tempted to say that mil-sim fans can easily ignore the added content in the 3d editor, but I'll wait untill we know more about them aliens and their impact on the configs.

From a distant perspective, and as a modder, it boils down to "how restrictive would it be for me to use that particular asset in terms of audience?". The first thing I think about when a new DLC is released, is this :

- does it offer me more opportunities as a content creator?

- can it benefit people who play my content, whether they own the DLC or not? For instance, people who don't own Apex can still use some assets "indirectly" : they can configure the zombies in my Ravage mod to wear Apex uniforms. Eventhough they can't use them, it adds diversity to their game : those assets are put to good use and aren't wasting space on the hard drive.

Having alien assets included in the default data obviously opens a lot of doors for mission makers : it does offer a credible context for less conventional game modes, and their content isn't restricted to a niche part of the audience. Mission design can be tailored for DLC specific content, just as usual : by now everyone is familiar with such a design and accomodated it in their content. Working with optional ownership is easy from a mission design perspective, as long as the default config/data is consistent. But splitting that data based on owership isn't doing mission makers any favors, and ultimately it could limit the flexibility Arma is known for as a modding platform.

• Like 6

Is the EW side of things scripted for the campaign or is it going to be part of the base game?(fingers crossed for the 2nd option)

22 minutes ago, snoops_213 said:

Is the EW side of things scripted for the campaign or is it going to be part of the base game?(fingers crossed for the 2nd option)

Campaign (or rather Contact 'Total Conversion' mode), but its designer is thinking about ways to make it as 'available' as possible. If not on release, then after hopefully. This may for example include methods for other scripts or mods to 'hook' into the system somehow. We are being rather cautious, because these systems are not MP-proven for starters.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DnA said:

Campaign (or rather Contact 'Total Conversion' mode), but its designer is thinking about ways to make it as 'available' as possible. If not on release, then after hopefully. This may for example include methods for other scripts or mods to 'hook' into the system somehow. We are being rather cautious, because these systems are not MP-proven for starters.

Well that is a little disappointing, but must say not that unexpected. Hopefully something more comes of it as EW will play major part in future conflicts.

the decontamination shower don't want to work like when i press the button to start the large shower but it does not work

• Thanks 1

Creating the ticket was long overdue. 🤫

• Like 1