Did you hear new engine/wheel sound for Rhino? Its tearing my ears appart! 😄 

Really... you can try it for yourself. Funny thing is that if you are inside, sound is ok. 

• Like 1

Requesting a fix for an Arsenal bug (this is a 2 minute job)

- When custom gear list is held in missionnamespace, it is always forced global even when "isGlobal" parameter is false.

Here is the fix:

BIS_fnc_addVirtualItemCargo

/*
	Author: Karel Moricky

Description:
	Add virtual items to an object (e.g., ammo box).
	Virtual items can be selected in the Arsenal.

Parameter(s):
		0: OBJECT - objct to which items will be added
		1: STRING or ARRAY of STRINGs - item class(es) to be added
		2 (Optional): BOOL - true to add items globally (default: false)
		3 (Optional): BOOL - true to add Arsenal action (default: true)

Returns:
	ARRAY of ARRAYs - all virtual items within the object's space in format [<items>,<weapons>,<magazines>,<backpacks>]
*/

private ["_object","_classes","_isGlobal","_add","_type","_initAction","_cargo","_cargoArray","_save"];
_object = _this param [0,missionnamespace,[missionnamespace,objnull]];
_classes = _this param [1,[],["",true,[]]];
_isGlobal = _this param [2,false,[false]];
_initAction = _this param [3,true,[true]];
_add = _this param [4,1,[1]];
_type = _this param [5,0,[0]];

//--- Get cargo list
_cargo = _object getvariable ["bis_addVirtualWeaponCargo_cargo",[[],[],[],[]]];
_cargoArray = _cargo select _type;
if (_add == 0) exitwith {_cargoArray};

//--- Modify cargo list
_save = false;
if (typename _classes != typename []) then {_classes = [_classes]};
if (count _classes == 0 && _add < 0) then {
	_cargoArray = [];
	_save = true;
} else {
	{
		//--- Use config classnames (conditions are case sensitive)
		private ["_class"];
		_x = _x param [0,"",["",true]];
		if (typename _x == typename true) then {_x = "%ALL";};
		_class = switch _type do {
			case 0;
			case 1: {configname (configfile >> "cfgweapons" >> _x);};
			case 2: {configname (configfile >> "cfgmagazines" >> _x);};
			case 3: {configname (configfile >> "cfgvehicles" >> _x);};
			default {""};
		};
		if (_class == "") then {_class = _x;};
		if (_add > 0) then {
			if (!(_class in _cargoArray) && (_class != "" || _class == "%ALL")) then {_cargoArray set [count _cargoArray,_class];};
		} else {
			_cargoArray = _cargoArray - [_class];
		};
		_save = true;
	} foreach _classes;
};
_cargo set [_type,_cargoArray];

if (_save) then {
	if (typename _object == typename missionnamespace) then {
		_object setvariable ["bis_addVirtualWeaponCargo_cargo",_cargo];
		publicvariable "bis_addVirtualWeaponCargo_cargo";
	} else {
		_object setvariable ["bis_addVirtualWeaponCargo_cargo",_cargo,_isGlobal];
	};
};

if (!is3DEN && _initAction && typename _object == typename objnull) then {
	if ({count _x > 0} count _cargo > 0) then {
		//--- Init arsenal
		["AmmoboxInit",_object] call bis_fnc_arsenal;
	} else {
		//--- Terminate arsenal
		["AmmoboxExit",_object] call bis_fnc_arsenal;
	};
};

_cargoArray

change this bit (when missionnamespace is used it is always "publicvariable" instead of adhering to the _isGlobal parameter).

if (_save) then {
	if (typename _object == typename missionnamespace) then {
		_object setvariable ["bis_addVirtualWeaponCargo_cargo",_cargo];
		publicvariable "bis_addVirtualWeaponCargo_cargo";							// it should be checking _isGlobal before publicvariable
	} else {
		_object setvariable ["bis_addVirtualWeaponCargo_cargo",_cargo,_isGlobal];
	};
};

to simply

if (_save) then {
	_object setvariable ["bis_addVirtualWeaponCargo_cargo",_cargo,_isGlobal];	// this syntax works with missionnamespace too now
};

• Like 4

11 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

change this bit

Should appear in the next dev

• Like 4

Does anyone know why setformdir functions were changed in A3?

With that you could rotate Turret or static weapon smoothly using setformdir,  it looks like the idea was to use  vehicle animateSource ["MainTurret", rad 90];  however this only seems to work for UGV. and never progressed to other vehicles or turret.

No hiddenSelections for the Zamak's wheels. 😞

20190508121337_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks for fixing the wheels on the Zamak. Just a heads up:

The Zamak MRL's wheels are still not retexturable.

20190509114948_1.jpg

Also, the Zamak MRL has a different glass RVMAT than other Zamaks.

regular Zamak:

20190509115028_1.jpg

MRL Zamak:

20190509115031_1.jpg

Hey sorry for posting 3 times in a row but uh...

What's 'anims_f_contact'? 🤔

23:47:59 Animation a3\anims_f_contact\data\anim\trailer\acts_trailer_relaxedwalk_f.rtm not found or empty 23:47:59 Animation a3\anims_f_contact\data\anim\trailer\acts_trailer_relaxedwalk_l.rtm not found or empty 23:47:59 Animation a3\anims_f_contact\data\anim\trailer\acts_trailer_relaxedwalk_r.rtm not found or empty 23:47:59 Animation a3\anims_f_contact\data\anim\trailer\acts_trailer_relaxedwalk_b.rtm not found or empty 23:47:59 Animation a3\anims_f_contact\data\anim\trailer\acts_trailer_inspectshock_a.rtm not found or empty 23:47:59 Animation a3\anims_f_contact\data\anim\trailer\acts_trailer_inspectshock_b.rtm not found or empty 23:47:59 Animation a3\anims_f_contact\data\anim\trailer\acts_trailer_sendugvoff.rtm not found or empty 23:47:59 Animation a3\anims_f_contact\data\anim\trailer\acts_trailer_nodscientist.rtm not found or empty 23:47:59 Animation a3\anims_f_contact\data\anim\trailer\acts_trailer_nodcommander.rtm not found or empty 23:47:59 Animation a3\anims_f_contact\data\anim\trailer\acts_trailer_campscientist.rtm not found or empty 23:47:59 Animation a3\anims_f_contact\data\anim\trailer\acts_trailer_campcommander.rtm not found or empty

Also the uncovered HEMTT transport variant has no fire geometry for the seating area with the side panels.

• Thanks 1

I know it will sound silly, but I really want to ask ...
Please make lastly a gift to fans - release the last or final or bonus, or whatever you call it as a supplement in the form of maps from arma 2: Chernarus, Takistan, well, if it turns out Utes and the rest ...
Well, I beg you very much))) I definitely buy them !!!
The locations of Arma 3 are very good, but ... they do not resemble the atmosphere that was in Arma 2, they more resemble ... resorts for ... well, I don’t know why. Well ... everything except Tanoa ... on tanoa is interesting to build missions for special operations and all that, but for full-fledged fighting, I would like to see more Chernorussia or Takista.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just use CUP?

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, lexx said:

Just use CUP?

I don’t know why, but I don’t like to use mods. I like to use standard stuff. And using the example of CDLC, I once again made sure that the BI is made better than all the others.

15 hours ago, D_Donskoy said:

Please make lastly a gift to fans - release the last or final or bonus, or whatever you call it as a supplement in the form of maps from arma 2: Chernarus, Takistan, well, if it turns out Utes and the rest ...
The locations of Arma 3 are very good, but ... they do not resemble the atmosphere that was in Arma 2, they more resemble ... resorts for ... well, I don’t know why. Well ... everything except Tanoa ... on tanoa is interesting to build missions for special operations and all that, but for full-fledged fighting, I would like to see more Chernorussia or Takista.

I would love a total rework of a good desert map like Takistan as they did with Malden. 

Edited by the_one_and_only_Venator
Stupidity of German autocorrect feature...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, D_Donskoy said:

I don’t know why, but I don’t like to use mods. I like to use standard stuff. And using the example of CDLC, I once again made sure that the BI is made better than all the others.

That's quite an ironic statement seeing how Chernarus and Takistan are made by (you guessed it) BI.

In the age of workshop integration I find it quite strange to not use addons, and asking for a remake of something that is already available as an addon just based on the fact that it is an addon is... well, let's just say I would rather see resources being spent on other things than on stuff that is already available as addons.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

That's quite an ironic statement seeing how Chernarus and Takistan are made by (you guessed it) BI.

In the age of workshop integration I find it quite strange to not use addons, and asking for a remake of something that is already available as an addon just based on the fact that it is an addon is... well, let's just say I would rather see resources being spent on other things than on stuff that is already available as addons.

This is my desire, as well as attitude to third-party mods and nothing more.

These are the things that I lack in the game, as well as the female and the civilian traffic module. Otherwise ... all my desires are satisfied)

32 minutes ago, D_Donskoy said:

This is my desire, as well as attitude to third-party mods and nothing more.

These are the things that I lack in the game, as well as the female and the civilian traffic module.

As a third-party mod maker myself, I am slightly offended by this. There is plenty of great maps out there, done by modders completely for free, and a blanket "BI stuff is better" is a pretty insulting thing to say. Just have a look at Temppa's or IceBreakr's work.

We all have our pet peeves that we would like to see in the game. But asking for something that is easily available as a third party mod seems counter-productive to me, especially since your only argument seems to be "I don't like third party mods". 

Otherwise ... all my desires are satisfied)

Ugh - seriously? I guess as one of those evil third-party mod makers I am alone in wishing PBR Rendering, a better animation system, variable-resolution terrain meshes and things like that. But even as a player, I would like to see finally a working AI that isn't flailing around between superhuman and super-dumb, that have a natural perception that e.g. doesn't hear a flea fart over a thunderstorm, and that can drive a car through a town without plowing down all of the roadsigns...

Oh well...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

As a third-party mod maker myself, I am slightly offended by this. There is plenty of great maps out there, done by modders completely for free, and a blanket "BI stuff is better" is a pretty insulting thing to say. Just have a look at Temppa's or IceBreakr's work.

We all have our pet peeves that we would like to see in the game. But asking for something that is easily available as a third party mod seems counter-productive to me, especially since your only argument seems to be "I don't like third party mods". 

Ugh - seriously? I guess as one of those evil third-party mod makers I am alone in wishing PBR Rendering, a better animation system, variable-resolution terrain meshes and things like that. But even as a player, I would like to see finally a working AI that isn't flailing around between superhuman and super-dumb, that have a natural perception that e.g. doesn't hear a flea fart over a thunderstorm, and that can drive a car through a town without plowing down all of the roadsigns...

Oh well...

Man, you're right in everything.

17 hours ago, D_Donskoy said:

Man, you're right in everything.

I doubt he's right in everything but in this domain, you'd be wise to recognise 10 years of experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2019 at 9:23 PM, D_Donskoy said:

I forgot to add, I would also like to add the Russian army and the armed forces of the Czech Republic.;) 

19 minutes ago, D_Donskoy said:

I forgot to add, I would also like to add the Russian army and the armed forces of the Czech Republic.;) 

Please refrain from spamming this thread with requests, this thread is about the discussion of the Dev Branch. If you have a request for the Arma3 base game please post it over in the following thread: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/210827-arma-3-community-wishes-ideas-no-discussion/

Now lets get back on topic :thumb:

Will we be able to Test the new official Expansion on Dev Branch? The news says the 'announcement' will be on the 23th, so I guess it will be released later😮
Hope we will get some russian forces with snow/winter camo and more AK-12/AK-15's, since the screenshot shows AAN News about Russia and CSAT (and winter equip/camo for NATO aswell)😱

1 hour ago, Lbbde said:

Hope we will get some russian forces with snow/winter camo and more AK-12/AK-15's, since the screenshot shows AAN News about Russia and CSAT (and winter equip/camo for NATO aswell)😱

*sigh* Not again. When Apex came out we had tons of these speculation threads were everybody listed what they "suspected" was in it, but in reality it was just a list of requests. I'd rather see people to stick to the topic of this thread and open their own topic for wishlists and speculations. Otherwise it will again generate a lot of noise for nothing.

• Like 3

Ok, here my GENERAL Question (mainly for BIS management to answer): When (well not even the year, which decade would be accurate nuff) we will get A4 and what will be the major evolution steps in engine developement.

Everything before 2035 would be welcome. After 2035 A3 would not feature "future weapons" anymore.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

Ok, here my GENERAL Question (mainly for BIS management to answer): When (well not even the year, which decade would be accurate nuff) we will get A4 and what will be the major evolution steps in engine developement.

Everything before 2035 would be welcome. After 2035 A3 would not feature "future weapons" anymore.

A3 did never feature any "future" weapons. All we have is "makeup" of old to ancient technology with only half of the RL capabilities. The "future" setting with "fictional" units that are based or mash-ups on/of existing weapon system was only a way to avoid royalty claims from the defense idustries, that came up in 2010 the first time.

Firms rangign from Colt over Porsche to Bell and Boing threatened Game Developers over branding and design royalties since the second decade of the 21st century.

That's why you dont see a "Colt M-16A4" in games anymore or an "Bell AH-1Z", but a "M16" and an "AH1-Viper" at best, often witch changes in the detail or dimension to make them different.

2 hours ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

You'll never stop crying about arma3 "fUtUrIsm"?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

*sigh* Not again. When Apex came out we had tons of these speculation threads were everybody listed what they "suspected" was in it, but in reality it was just a list of requests. I'd rather see people to stick to the topic of this thread and open their own topic for wishlists and speculations. Otherwise it will again generate a lot of noise for nothing.

This was not about a "wishlist" or something like it. It was just a reaction to the latest news from BI. The latest screenshot/image they posted about the announcment literaly says "AAN news report: Russia to pass decision on crucial CSAT membership vote soon.". So I just thought MAYBE we will get a russian CSAT faction branch. It would make sense in some terms because we just got our first official snow map, many CSAT vehicles are already from Russia, Russia has a snowy landscape so it would by reasonably if we got white/gray hex for their vehicles, they could make use of the AK-12 and could get some new versions of it. Following this I asumed that we could get some white camo for the official vehicles to make use of the new snow map from GM.

At the moment I have no wishes regarding the content of ArmA3. My desires are more technical in nature and will probably never be fulfilled, as the development of A3 is more or less over and it is much more complicated to change the core of the game than to create content.

no offense ❤️ 🙂