3 hours ago, R3vo said:

Because I know that the description shown in the Scenario menu can be formatting nicely.

Do you have an example for that? I have yet to see any workshop mission where the description wasn't fucked up.

3 hours ago, R3vo said:

Is there a reason that the scenario screen does not support Steam text formatting? This is something that has always been bugging me since release of Arma 3. We can have well formatted mission descriptions in Steam, but then they look like garbage in Arma 3.

Is there a workaround for that, which I don't know about? Because I know that the description shown in the Scenario menu can be formatting nicely.

steam is using markup (or markdown?) one of them many mark<insertdirection>

BI is using... BI stuff - scroll down to bottom to see formatting rule. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Advanced_Hints_(Field_Manual)

Its... not really eye friendly to type in. idk maybe if you really go balls deep you could do something with macros to get around this but eh...

5 hours ago, lexx said:

Do you have an example for that? I have yet to see any workshop mission where the description wasn't fucked up.

I was talking about the firing drills for example, but I think they use custom controls!? Didn't look it up, just a guess.

On another note. Since we have those nice new missile related scripting commands, would it be possible that the IncomingMissile EH could return the missile that's incoming?

• Like 1

But the firing drills aren't on the workshop, they are part of the game. You can do the same with normal scenarios and then just use the normal formatting - but as x3kj mentioned above, these would not work on the steam workshop.

3 hours ago, lexx said:

But the firing drills aren't on the workshop, they are part of the game. You can do the same with normal scenarios and then just use the normal formatting - but as x3kj mentioned above, these would not work on the steam workshop.

That's right. Even more reason to finally do something about messed up scenario descriptions in the scenario menu.

isnt the problem missions use the legacy workshop implementation.

back then they said they want to move over to the new one eventually, but it never happened 😞

• Thanks 1

For quite a while now I have this bug which causes a scrollbar to appear when working in Eden. It seems to be related to the tree views and shown in the video above. However, I wasn't able to figure out what control it is.

[] spawn 
{
    while {true} do 
    {
        systemChat str count (allControls (findDisplay 321)); 
        sleep 1
    }
};

I have tried to figure out to which display this control belongs with the above shown code. The count of controls doesn't change at all for display 313, 321 and others. So I guess the scrollbar simple get hidden/shown or moved out of the screen boundries.

Any ideas?

*The game is running without mods on 1.92 RC

8 hours ago, R3vo said:

*The game is running without mods on 1.92 RC

On the video it shows that the game is modded. Also why there is no version shown?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

On the video it shows that the game is modded. Also why there is no version shown?

That's because I use the Mission file (Editor) startup parameter to directly start inside the editor. That means that ['init'] call BIS_fnc_3DENStatusBar; ['init'] call BIS_fnc_3DENInterface; are unfortunately not called so the interface, like the statusbar is not propely initialised. It's a bug I reported probably 2 years ago.

Edit: Just tested it without the startup parameter and the scrollbar is gone. 

Edited by R3vo

@oukej

with the increasing irregularity of dev branch release, i feel like it's okay to just only post in the changelog if stuff actually happens... whats the point if every second entry is "no release this time because X" ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No one responds anymore on feedback tracker for some time.

2 hours ago, x3kj said:

@oukej

with the increasing irregularity of dev branch release, i feel like it's okay to just only post in the changelog if stuff actually happens... whats the point if every second entry is "no release this time because X" ?

Get's me hyped every time just to get disappointed :grinning:

The Rhino MGS has a AMV-7 Marshall map icon.

Also, there's different camo textures for the Angara K's commander turret but they aren't used? Can we please get a camo selection for the Angara K's RCWS?

Gendarmerie offroad and Port authority offroad don't have sirens. Gendarmerie van has the wrong siren.

• Like 1

Is it just me being clueless or should Added: A script command to trigger a munition (triggerAmmo) make it possible to get us a realistic CIWS/C-RAM feature? Or at least make it easier for modders to mod such a feature into the game? One that doesn't just affect munitions added by the mod itself, but all relevant vanilla munitions as well?

Plus the possibility to introduce a hardkill system feature for tanks/vehicles (like for example the "Trophy" system)?

Because that would be freaking awesome!!

The lack of those features in a modern/post-modern mil sim is currently one of the biggest flaws of Arma 3 imho and fixing that flaw would not only improve the game, its authenticity and consistency a lot, but also allow for the introduction of completely new, challenging and interesting gameplay factors. As well as completely new gameplay possibilities like naval warfare - including naval surface warfare, anti-surface warfare and naval anti-air warfare.

On 4/28/2019 at 3:17 AM, Groove_C said:

No one responds anymore on feedback tracker for some time.

And only 10% of the 200 newest tasks are "assigned". Not saying an assigned task will be solved within a year... or 2!

• Like 1

It's true that we simply have fewer full-time devs and other staff on Arma 3 development than some years ago. But we do still read the forums, Feedback Tracker, and other channels. And we try to address as much as we can, even when there are fewer replies or ticket updates. Various devs who are meanwhile working on other projects, still regularly take the time to help Arma 3 out. Thanks for keeping us aware of any issues! Oh, and there will still be some good fun coming your way on Dev-Branch in vanilla later this year 😎

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6

Added: Loading a scenario in Eden Editor will now call the "init3DEN.sqf" script in the scenario folder (when present). This can be useful for executing scenario-specific editor functionality.

This is a great addition, but is there any chance we could also see this functionality added to CfgFunctions? preInit, postInit, 3DenInit ??

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Larrow said:

This is a great addition, but is there any chance we could also see this functionality added to CfgFunctions? preInit, postInit, 3DenInit ??

Isn't that achieveable with 3den EHs?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, R3vo said:

Isn't that achieveable with 3den EHs?

And how do you intend to add those EH's ? You would either need a mod or use the init3DEN.sqf.

1. A mod negates the usability of having scenario specific editor scripts as vanilla. And is what the current init3DEN.sqf is anyway, a call from a 3DEN config EH.
  2. Using the init3DEN.sqf, although a handy implementation for some, IMO is a step backwards when we have the functions library that should have this functionality incorporated. Why use init3DEN.sqf to preprocess/execute what could potentially be a multitude of editor helper script files when they can be automatically compiled/executed from the functions library.

InitFunctions.sqf already collates function library entries by their type (preInit, postInit etc) and then has conditions of !is3Den for mission execution. Just add a collection of 3DENinit entries and execute them on the else of the condition. Shouldn't be that hard to implement.

32 minutes ago, Larrow said:

And how do you intend to add those EH's ? You would either need a mod or use the init3DEN.sqf.

1. A mod negates the usability of having scenario specific editor scripts as vanilla. And is what the current init3DEN.sqf is anyway, a call from a 3DEN config EH.
  2. Using the init3DEN.sqf, although a handy implementation for some, IMO is a step backwards when we have the functions library that should have this functionality incorporated. Why use init3DEN.sqf to preprocess/execute what could potentially be a multitude of editor helper script files when they can be automatically compiled/executed from the functions library.

InitFunctions.sqf already collates function library entries by their type (preInit, postInit etc) and then has conditions of !is3Den for mission execution. Just add a collection of 3DENinit entries and execute them on the else of the condition. Shouldn't be that hard to implement.

Interesting. init3den.sqf could replace the console script (for 3denEHs). Functions library come with description.ext (which is never mentioned in initialization order) but it's seem evident it runs before mission.sqm then any sqf.  So, I wonder if init3den.sqf can run before description.ext?

Hum? wait. No.

Truly, many scenarios are just running a mission.sqm (all edited things, triggers or else).  So? What is the initialization order now?

As some of you have suggested, we'll stop posting "logistical issues", or similar updates without actual Dev-Branch updates from now on. This should mean that when you are subscribed to this thread, and that lovely notification pops onto your devices 🔔, there really will be a new update awaiting you ... instead of disappointment like today 😈

We do still aim for a weekly update for now, but this may change to be more or less frequent over the year based on dev circumstances and demand. As always, cheers for your feedback!

Good decision!

On 5/5/2019 at 7:56 AM, fn_Quiksilver said:

Small issue

See command description I updated