16 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

I tried to repro this, there are no mags on the ground for me at all and I do not remember there ever been since playing the game. are you using mods?

Yes it's a mod. Goko mag drop. It just pulls the magazine model from the config.
I would expect there to be a bug in the mod, rather than the magazine config entries being wrong. Because if they were, the wrong magazine would also render in the weapon.

• Like 1

The new DLC looks great! Will there be another DLC pack to buy all upcoming DLCs together? Even if it would cost 50 Euronen, I would still buy it, just to support you further :O

1 hour ago, D_Donskoy said:

- But this is really a shame and not fair.

Actually, it is fine.

We're six years into the development, and so far got every DLC and the expansion for free. Seeing how Creator DLC is done by, well, Creators, I don't think there is anything wrong with asking for money. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

Actually, it is fine.

We're six years into the development, and so far got every DLC and the expansion for free. Seeing how Creator DLC is done by, well, Creators, I don't think there is anything wrong with asking for money. 

What can I say: this is even worse for me than the drone MK41 VLS 🙂

It is a pity that the guys engaged in speculation and deception of fans of the series.

2 minutes ago, D_Donskoy said:

It is a pity that the guys engaged in speculation and deception of fans of the series.

I think you are being a bit overdramatic. Six years ago, this situation was absolutely not forseeable, and the Creators want to get some money from their work.

Anyway, whatever, it's offtopic so I'll stop here.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, D_Donskoy said:

Jesus, this is complete garbage. Who can seriously expect that so many years after the release of the base game, DLC for it will STILL be free to you? I mean... come on. There's not a single game out in the wild that would do that. This must be some next level entitlement or something.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lbbde said:

The new DLC looks great! Will there be another DLC pack to buy all upcoming DLCs together? Even if it would cost 50 Euronen, I would still buy it, just to support you further :O

This is dev branch discussion. Creator DLC area is here:

Be mindful of our forum rules.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lexx said:

Jesus, this is complete garbage. Who can seriously expect that so many years after the release of the base game, DLC for it will STILL be free to you? I mean... come on. There's not a single game out in the wild that would do that. This must be some next level entitlement or something.

Friend. Do not worry so much if you do not agree with me.

I understand you perfectly well 🙂

But when I bought the game for a lot more than a regular edition, they told me that all future DLCs would be free for me.

You will not believe me - but I seriously believed this garbage as you said 🙂
And most importantly for you apparently - I still buy it 🙂

it's offtopic so I'll stop here.

hi, I'm a little confused on what these proxy magazines are and everything. So can I put a 100 round mxsw mag in an mxm or how does it work and will this be available to everyone on normal servers or is this some mod thing? I havnt bothered to download dev branch as I only want a little know how about it and hopefully someone can help. 

Before proxy magazines, the rifle mags were "in" the rifle model. That means they always look the same, no matter what kind you have currently loaded. As example look at the 100 rounds mx rifle and load it with a 30 rounds magazine. Visually it would  not change.

Now with proxy magazines we are able to change them visually to whatever we want. Naturally this also has an effect on the vanilla game (without any mods), so everyone will profit off of it.

alright dev branch got an update, anybody knows anything about this new "PathCalculated" command and eventhandler please share.

thanks

1 hour ago, goko-- said:

alright dev branch got an update, anybody knows anything about this new "PathCalculated" command and eventhandler please share.

thanks

We have to waitUntil the wiki is up-to-date. Until then you can use the ingame scripting help.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, goko-- said:

thanks

It exposes path calculating method AI uses to scripts returning result via EH. Unfortunately you will have to wait for the documentation

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, goko-- said:

Unofficial information that might not be 100% correct. Take it as a rough estimate

"calculatePath"

Let's a type of vehicle (man,boat,tank,car,helicopter hardcoded types with hardcoded classnames in backend) calculate the waypoints they have to take to arrive at a certain target,

while in certain combat mode and in formation or not. returns you the coordinates of each waypoint

there is also a pathCalculated eventhandler now. That gives you coordinates of each waypoint that was calculated for a unit doing a path calc.

Edit: one day later, here is official information:

startCoordinates: Array - format [x,y,z]

endCoordinates: Array - format [x,y,z]

typeName: string - vehicle class ("helicopter", "plane", "man", "car', "wheeled_APC", "tank", "boat")

behavior: string - ("CARELESS", "SAFE", "AWARE", "COMBAT" and "STEALTH")

Guess I was about right. Just the formation part is missing, I guess they are always in "FORM" then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Looks like addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargo and Global only generate a weapon if ["All of", "arguments strings", "have", "valid", "classname", []]

rearmTruckOne addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargo ["arifle_MX_F", "muzzle_snds_H", "acc_pointer_IR", "optic_Aco", "bipod_01_F_blk", []]//works
rearmTruckOne addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargo ["arifle_MX_F", "muzzle_snds_H", "acc_pointer_IR", "optic_Aco", "some invalid class", []]//doesn't work
rearmTruckOne addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargo ["arifle_MX_F", "muzzle_snds_H", "acc_pointer_IR", "optic_Aco", "", []]//also doesn't

On 4/19/2019 at 4:44 PM, POLPOX said:

Looks like addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargo and Global only generate a weapon if ["All of", "arguments strings", "have", "valid", "classname", []]

That would definitely be a bug. Empty string should just be ignore.

BI did some changes to my code which now turned empty classname into an error, even though it shouldn't be.

It probably threw RPT errors or smth.
Will be fixed next week. Thanks

• Like 1

Current Dev build produces an error when using BIS_fnc_establishingShot

12:24:28 Error in expression <mitted BIS_fnc_establishingShot_fakeUAV !(isNil "BISmissionStarted")}; BIS> 
12:24:28 Error position: < !(isNil "BISmissionStarted")}; BIS>
12:24:28 Error Type Bool, expected Bool
12:24:28 File A3\functions_f\GUI\fn_establishingShot.sqf [BIS_fnc_establishingShot], line 247

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2019 at 7:33 PM, AveryTheKitty said:

Can we expect new RPG-7 warheads in a future update? 

All tickets - on the RPG-7 launcher

Ammunition Rocket grenades - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121841

Sights optics - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121840

Bipod - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121842

Power Rocket grenad - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121846

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 4:44 PM, POLPOX said:

rearmTruckOne addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargo ["arifle_MX_F", "muzzle_snds_H", "acc_pointer_IR", "optic_Aco", "bipod_01_F_blk", []]//works
rearmTruckOne addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargo ["arifle_MX_F", "muzzle_snds_H", "acc_pointer_IR", "optic_Aco", "some invalid class", []]//doesn't work
rearmTruckOne addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargo ["arifle_MX_F", "muzzle_snds_H", "acc_pointer_IR", "optic_Aco", "", []]//also doesn't

All this time I thought I was doing something wrong...  🙄

I did some testing and found a temporary fix: replace every classname you want to omit with one of an attachment that doesn't fit in that slot.

Don't want a suppressor?      -->      "optic_Aco"

Don't want a side attachment?      -->      "optic_Aco"

Don't want an optic?      -->      "acc_pointer_IR"

etc.

For magazines, it's a little harder, especially if you only want a secondary magazine (e.g. HE rounds for a UGL), as leaving the classname empty yields this familiar error:

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.'.

For now, my workaround is to default the classname to "CA_Magazine", which still adds a magazine to your weapon (the command seems to bypass the weapon/muzzle's "magazines[]" property), but at least it doesn't switch you to the launcher animation when you select it (plus it has no icon, text or even ammo, making for an ideal dummy magazine).

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, lex__1 said:

There is a problem in the management of the tank. My last post on this ticket https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127310#1856599 Hope this doesn’t get into RC 1.92. Can someone check this for RC 1.92?

Have you tried CTRL + W A S D ? 

19 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Have you tried CTRL + W A S D ? 

I tried different options. I tried to assign other control keys. The result is one, in the chat and the sound of the command of the commander are reproduced correctly, there is no driver action on the commands of the commander.
If you sit down as a tank driver and return to the commander’s position, the driver will carry out the commands of the commander.
If you press any key to control the vehicle from the commander, the driver will stop executing the commands of the commander.

The problem of driving a vehicle is in the compatibility of using the keys from the “Commands” section and the keys from the “Vehicle Management” section.

Is there a reason that the scenario screen does not support Steam text formatting? This is something that has always been bugging me since release of Arma 3. We can have well formatted mission descriptions in Steam, but then they look like garbage in Arma 3.

YTKsscn.jpg

6qseSdT.jpg

Is there a workaround for that, which I don't know about? Because I know that the description shown in the Scenario menu can be formatting nicely.

• Like 2