Spoiler

On stable branch when? 😅

14 hours ago, Dedmen said:

I asked BI for the same thing half a year ago

Get in line 😄

12 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

I guess Christmas came early

Hell yea

👍 Some great new QoL scripting commands. Now all I really could do with is an engine implementation of a RscBezierLine, if devs are taking suggestions :wink:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, partyzan said:

Hey, how to use the new reload eventhandler? Script or config?

It's config (muzzle only to be specific) event handler

class CfgPatches
{
	class Test_ReloadWeapon
	{
		requiredAddons[] =
		{
			"A3_Data_F_Tank"
		};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		units[] =
		{
		};
		weapons[] =
		{
		};
		version = 1.0;
	};
};

class CfgWeapons
{

class RifleCore;
	class Rifle: RifleCore
	{
		class EventHandlers
		{
			fired		= "systemchat format['fired EH output: %1 [time: %2]',_this,time]";
			reload		= "systemchat format['reload EH output: %1 [time: %2]',_this, time]";
			reloaded	= "systemchat format['reloaded EH output: %1 [time: %2]',_this, time]";
		};
	};
};

• Thanks 3

Just saw the SitRep. A 3rd party DLC and a non-traditional BIS DLC? And here I thought ArmA3 development was winding down. 🙂 Well, it probably is winding down, but still, it's awesome that we're still getting new stuff after all this time (maybe that also means DLC bundle #2 will be sufficiently discounted for my budget come next sale 🙂).

Eh, or at least it would be awesome and all, if I could play it. My GPU died a week or so ago and the integrated one is... not up to the task, to say the least. I hope I can get a replacement before all this gets staged to devbranch.

10 minutes ago, Internet_ARMA3 said:

How about adding back M4A1 to standart guns (not mod) and can be use in Official Servers?

Sorry, what? Arma 3 never had M4A1. They wanted to add it to the game for once as an asset of the Expansion, but never impelemented.

Loving the new mag proxy system! However, it doesn't seem to be working 100% as described in the patch notes. Mk20 variants can't load Sand 5.56 mags, and Black/Green SPAR-16s and SPAR-16Ses can't load Sand 5.56 either. (And the Sand SPAR-16S can't load Sand 30rd mags, only Black - there's a lot of little problems like this.)

I'm hoping this will be fixed and the system will be expanded to all interchangeable magazines - once it's all together, it'll be an absolutely fantastic addition.

Guessing that's an issue with the data for the new magazines? It works perfectly with Toadie's STANAG magazines and all the CUP stuff out of the box! (haven't tried RHS yet) Pretty fantastic!

Theoretically, I guess you could even add a 5,45 AK-12 without any new data, too! I'm slightly concerned as to how this is going to affect the Mk-1 EMR and SPAR-17, though.

Leetspeak broke my account, can someone add/confirm these issues to the bugtracker for me, please?

1. AKSU magazine proxy doesn't change until too late into animation (doesn't change until after the new magazine is in place - this might be problematic, since there's only 1 5,45 magazine model in vanilla, it's only noticeable with something like CUP - deffo a bug with the vanilla AKSU, though)

2. OPFOR groups seem to be missing

3. As NikkoJT mentioned, a lot of STANAG magazines seem to be missing for rifles that they aren't intended for (C-Mags only work with SPAR-17, sand magazines only work with sand rifles)

4. UGV/UAV groups have the dummy 'crew' for the drone in the same group as their operator (might be an engine limitation?)

5. Taking the cargo position in a Stomper UGV allows direct control without a drone terminal.

7 hours ago, biggerdave said:

add a 5,45 AK-12

It is literally one line of code. A bit more if you want new sounds and stuff. 😉

7 hours ago, biggerdave said:

I'm slightly concerned as to how this is going to affect the Mk-1 EMR and SPAR-17, though.

As it is now, not at all. If these will get the proxies they might get their own mags like the AK-12.

Some issues:

Khaki SPAR-16s drum magazines missing from magazineWell.

Sand and reload tracer magazines missing from magazineWell.

CTRG story characters have sand magazines.

Editor-placed weapon holders have incorrect magazines.

Mk14 magazine looks very ugly in Mk18 ABR since it's all rusty while the ABR is clean(er) and new.

9 hours ago, NikkoJT said:

Loving the new mag proxy system! However, it doesn't seem to be working 100% as described in the patch notes. Mk20 variants can't load Sand 5.56 mags, and Black/Green SPAR-16s and SPAR-16Ses can't load Sand 5.56 either. (And the Sand SPAR-16S can't load Sand 30rd mags, only Black - there's a lot of little problems like this.) 

Thanks, I forgot to re add those magazines from test branch that we were using internally to test those magazine proxies. It should be fixed in next patch.

9 hours ago, biggerdave said:

AKSU magazine proxy doesn't change until too late into animation (doesn't change until after the new magazine is in place - this might be problematic, since there's only 1 5,45 magazine model in vanilla, it's only noticeable with something like CUP - deffo a bug with the vanilla AKSU, though)

Adjusted replacement timing, it should be fixed in next patch. I was mainly testing it with RHS and since mesh is so similar (which is not that weird after taking into account that magazine that AKSU is using, was created originally by Blackmetal for DayZ and it's basically the same thing which was created for AK74M back for Arma 2 mod) I haven't noticed it.

Theoretically, I guess you could even add a 5,45 AK-12 without any new data, too! I'm slightly concerned as to how this is going to affect the Mk-1 EMR and SPAR-17, though.

I was actually trying it and yes, it's possible  😉

C-Mags only work with SPAR-17

SPAR-17 doesn't have magazine proxies and it won't have due to 7.62x51 madness that is in game data. There are plenty of weapons which are sharing same magazine and they shouldn't. Notice for example Rook-40, PO-7 & PDW-2000 - there is no possibility they could share those magazines since they have significantly different design and they just don't fit into those magwells. Another example: GP-25 on AK-12 & any other GL - they have same mags so it's impossible to give it proper mag proxies without breaking compatibility by splitting those 2 weapons into two magazine groups or by creating some new class, with changed magazines.

1 hour ago, AveryTheKitty said:

Editor-placed weapon holders have incorrect magazines.

Thanks, it should be fixed in next update!

1 hour ago, AveryTheKitty said:

CTRG story characters have sand magazines

Fixed CTRG but that reminded me that there few more soldiers in scenarios which are using black MX weapons.

2 hours ago, AveryTheKitty said:

Mk14 magazine looks very ugly in Mk18 ABR since it's all rusty while the ABR is clean(er) and new.

Old Mk18 ABR magazine had some really weird proportions and it didn't fit Mk14 at all. It's similar issue to Rook-40 thing I was talking before and it concerns whole 7.62x51 weapons family. I will take a look if it's possible to tweak texture for it anyway.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, reyhard said:

SPAR-17 doesn't have magazine proxies and it won't have due to 7.62x51 madness that is in game data. There are plenty of weapons which are sharing same magazine and they shouldn't. Notice for example Rook-40, PO-7 & PDW-2000 - there is no possibility they could share those magazines since they have significantly different design and they just don't fit into those magwells. Another example: GP-25 on AK-12 & any other GL - they have same mags so it's impossible to give it proper mag proxies without breaking compatibility by splitting those 2 weapons into two magazine groups or by creating some new class, with changed magazines. 

Erk, that was a typo, I meant the automatic rifle variant (SPAR-16S?)

Sort of what I was getting at with that comment about the EMR, though. Could maybe convert the existing magazines that work with all weapons into hidden legacy versions, then add new classes for the modelled variants that work how they're supposed to? That would minimize the issue with backwards compatibility, it'd probably still be a bit too hacky, though...

29 minutes ago, biggerdave said:

Sort of what I was getting at with that comment about the EMR, though. Could maybe convert the existing magazines that work with all weapons into hidden legacy versions, then add new classes for the modelled variants that work how they're supposed to? That would minimize the issue with backwards compatibility, it'd probably still be a bit too hacky, though...

This would be nice. An alternative option might be to create a new weapon class, like they did for the Dynamic Pylons aircraft - basically the same as your suggestion but ending up with legacy weapons instead of legacy mags.

5 hours ago, reyhard said:

Adjusted replacement timing, it should be fixed in next patch. I was mainly testing it with RHS and since mesh is so similar (which is not that weird after taking into account that magazine that AKSU is using, was created originally by Blackmetal for DayZ and it's basically the same thing which was created for AK74M back for Arma 2 mod) I haven't noticed it.

Apex RPG-7 magazineReloadSwitchPhase might need adjusting to be a little earlier too mate. Observable when switching unfired magazines

Also the displayname for the Hex-camo versions of the CAR-95 5.8mm drum mags are labelled as 30rnd instead of 100rnd

Very happy to see these features working on BIS content though. They've been a pretty wonderful addition for addons over the past few months. Good stuff.

Fantastic work! Only now I wish Arma simulated the difference between light barrels and heavy barrels so that the automatic rifle variants of standard rifles such as the SPAR-16S, MX SW, and CAR-95-1 with high capacity magazines still have an inherent advantage for prolonged automatic fire in comparison to the standard rifles with the same high capacity magazines. Ideally, prolonged automatic fire with a light barrelled weapon would result in an accuracy penalty while a heavy barrelled weapon would not.

Would it be possible for the LIM-85 (FN Minimi) to accept 30 round 5.56 STANAG mags like it's real-life counterpart can?

The Zubr .45 ACP can not use its magazines right now.

The reason is in the config of the weapon; hgun_Pistol_heavy_02_F

it is like this:

magazines[] = {"Cylinder_45ACP"};

magazineWell[] = {""};

while it should be like this:

magazines[] = {"6Rnd_45ACP_Cylinder"};  //maybe you dont even need this, I have no idea if magazineWell makes this obsolete...

magazineWell[] = {"Cylinder_45ACP"};

cfgWeapons needs a fix here.

6 hours ago, biggerdave said:

That's what I meant by

6 hours ago, biggerdave said:

creating some new class, with changed magazines. 

Unfortunately, it has its drawbacks. Scoped out variants would need separate p3d without magazine proxies tech at all - maintaining something like that would be quite problematic and it would be also looking quite weird in official content if those weapons are without magazine proxies. Updating official missions to new weapons would be quite time consuming since you would have to check each missions if it's not creating some disablance without that artificial intercompatibility.

5 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Apex RPG-7 magazineReloadSwitchPhase might need adjusting to be a little earlier too mate. Observable when switching unfired magazines

Also the displayname for the Hex-camo versions of the CAR-95 5.8mm drum mags are labelled as 30rnd instead of 100rnd

Thanks for pointing it - fixed both those issues today

3 hours ago, a_killer_wombat said:

Would it be possible for the LIM-85 (FN Minimi) to accept 30 round 5.56 STANAG mags like it's real-life counterpart can?

I'm afraid not - there is no way to change model.cfg animations depending on currently loaded magazine.

3 hours ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

magazines[] = {"Cylinder_45ACP"};

Fixed it earlier today 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Is it possible to add an option in the Virtual Arsenal that allows us to access the character inventory itself? So you could change much easier and faster eg the magazines in the weapons, or put an extra visor in the backpack.
That would be super handy now that there are the proxy mags.

I would also like to have a possibility to edit several loadouts at the same time, so that you can adjust the uniform, backpack, helmet etc. quickly and easily for several classes.
Even better would be an extra option to change all weapons (and mags) to their respective equivalent in a different color for multiple classes, so you can switch from green to sand, or hex to green hex, for example.

Could you also please color in the khaki variants of the SPAR the shaft accordingly? The fact that the sand-colored versions are monochrome and the khaki is not making me uncomfortable.😳

• Like 2

hello

can we have distinctive models with all 6.5mm mag variants, right now the black caseless 6.5 shows regular mx model, like seen here:  https://youtu.be/tGUHkpmh52c

• Confused 2

On 4/13/2019 at 7:26 AM, goko-- said:

hello

can we have distinctive models with all 6.5mm mag variants, right now the black caseless 6.5 shows regular mx model, like seen here:  https://youtu.be/tGUHkpmh52c

I tried to repro this, there are no mags on the ground for me at all and I do not remember there ever been since playing the game. are you using mods?

Yup, same here. No mags on the ground. Was surprised for a moment, because if there had been any mags before, I never realized it in all these years.