4 minutes ago, R3vo said:

What new commands?

Changelogs are removed from the topic(And never notified via the bell icon and e-mails... right?). Most likely we'll see actual update w/ changelogs in Monday.

There're some brand-new commands like touch off projectile (bombs and rockets?), set/get missile target pos etc etc. We still don't know how its like yet though, I'm really looking for the new commands.

5 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Changelogs are removed from the topic(And never notified via the bell icon and e-mails... right?). Most likely we'll see actual update w/ changelogs in Monday.

There're some brand-new commands like touch off projectile (bombs and rockets?), set/get missile target pos etc etc. We still don't know how its like yet though, I'm really looking for the new commands.

Yeah, it was confusing. I saw ppl talk about new commands on Discord but the changelog didn't mention them.

A command to get the missle target would be awesome. I have already an idea where to use that...tank defenses

1 hour ago, R3vo said:

What new commands?

1 hour ago, POLPOX said:

in case someone can't wait until it gets released again, i had it posted somewhere else...

didn't copy the links they had for the commands though, but i think it were links to the commands in the BI WIKI, so you might still find those there.

Spoiler

08-03-2019

EXE rev. 145402 (game) 
EXE rev. 145402 (launcher)

Size: ~233.5 MB

KNOWN ISSUE: Game will crash to desktop when opening the Field Manual from Eden editor.

DATA

Tweaked: BIS_fnc_switchLamp is now using recently 'fixed' switchLight command instead of breaking / fixing the lamp's light bulb
Tweaked: Durability of vehicle wheels - the damage required for a flat tire and a fully destroyed wheel
Tweaked: Added a wheel_x_x_damage selection in visual LODs for visual damage representation
Tweaked: Key Frame Timelines are no longer calculated on each frame when their animation is not running
Fixed: IDAP's AR-2 drone was missing translations for its livery in Virtual Garage
Fixed: It was not possible to access the compass in vehicles (WIP)
Fixed: A typo in the UH-80 Ghosthawk gun initElev elevation parameter (kudos Kju!)
Fixed: Added BIS_fnc_setIdentity safeguard from applying empty values (https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic ... slow-down/)
Fixed: Identity not persisting in BIS_fnc_arsenal
Fixed: Camera bug in BIS_fnc_arsenal
Warlords

Tweaked: Dead unit deleting procedures
Fixed: Some independent garrison units would occasionally still carry mortar bags

ENGINE
Documentation of some of the changes / additions will be added soon™

Added: A new scripting command (setBehaviourStrong) for forcing a behaviour to the Group itself

Added: New scripting commands for simple graphs: getGraphValues, decayGraphValues, ctrlSetPositionX, ctrlSetPositionY, ctrlSetPositionW, ctrlSetPositionH, bezierInterpolation

Added: New scripting commands for working with matrices and vectors interpolation: vectorLinearConversion, matrixTranspose, matrixMultiply

Added: A getter (customWaypointPosition) for the player's custom waypoint (LShift + LMB)
Added: Support for forcing the initial direction of 3D particles
Added: A disableAI / enableAI "NVG" option for the AI to not use worn NVGs
Added: A disableAI / enableAI "LIGHTS" option for disabling AI from controlling lights
Added: Support for a new simple expression in weapon sound configuration (camPos)
Added: Muzzle event handlers for reloading weapons (reload - start, reloaded - finished)
Added: A mission event handler for the change of the time acceleration (HandleAccTime - returning true also suppresses the IGUI message)
Added: Scripted control over (legitimate) missile targets of guided missiles or target positions of manually guided missiles (setMissileTargetPos, missileTargetPos, setMissileTarget, missileTarget)
Added: A script command to trigger a munition (triggerAmmo)
Added: Support for the green TI mode in render-to-target and the setPiPEffect scripting command
Changed: SwitchLight now supports terrain objects, entities, and terrain lamps (automatic when "on")
Changed: Increased the limit of array length for scripting DLL extensions to 2048
Changed: The getSuppression command now returns -1 if an object is invalid, non-local, or there is no suppression enabled
Changed: boundingBox and boundingBoxReal now can be passed a number (0-ClipVisual, 1-ClipShadow, 2-ClipGeometry, 3-ClipGeneral) and return the bounding sphere value
Fixed: A possible crash when reading the headGforceLeaningFactor parameter
Fixed: Magazine proxies texture camo flickering
Fixed: Constant black in / out when a player's UGV was critically damaged
Fixed: Allow Lights in the UAV Terminal did not work
Fixed: Compiled script caching responsible for memory issues (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T135718)
Eden Editor

Tweaked: Eden Editor model selection detection over character weapons has been improved
Fixed: Module areas were not hiding along with the rest of the models in Eden Editor

LAUNCHER

Fixed: Localization typos
Fixed: -malloc parameter tooltip (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T136864)

• Thanks 1

BIS_fnc_switchLamp is now using recently 'fixed' switchLight command instead of breaking / fixing the lamp's light bulb

Thought I'd never see the day...

Those new commands look interesting.

Cheers

And the goodies are online! @Tom_48_97 saved the Sunday evening! 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, oukej said:

And the goodies are online! @Tom_48_97 saved the Sunday evening! 🙂

Jesus H , it is Sunday dammit. ha yeah we love Arma way too much, but you guys get some damn life lived.

• Like 4

Few thoughts about the latest update:

• Is it possible to use setMissileTarget to a guided bomb?
  • I need command/function to check if missile/bomb(object/cfgAmmo class) can lock target(object/position)
  • Issue: Arsenal can't move(LMB) its camera vertically
  • triggerAmmo with cluster bombs behaving different with usual munition release
    • If possible, please make way to releasing munition manually too
  • I need an Event Handler to detect an ammo is triggered (returns class, object, position and if was a cluster, an array of munitions too)
  • What's simple graphs? Did I miss something that impelemented to the game before?
  • “Support for forcing the initial direction of 3D particles” means what? SpaceObject? And how to do this?

32 minutes ago, POLPOX said:
  • Is it possible to use setMissileTarget to a guided bomb?

yes, it's technically still a missile so same rules applies

• triggerAmmo with cluster bombs behaving different with usual munition release

it's triggering ammo so it's technically behaving same as other

• I need command/function to check if missile/bomb(object/cfgAmmo class) can lock target(object/position)

setMissileTarget will return false if it's impossible to lock at the target. Other than that, there is no such functionality

• “Support for forcing the initial direction of 3D particles” means what? SpaceObject? And how to do this?

Yes, it's for SpaceObjects

Can be used with scripts

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setParticleParams 

or in config

forcedInitialOrientationDir[]    = {"3*directionX","3*directionY","3*directionZ"};

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, POLPOX said:

Issue: Arsenal can't move(LMB) its camera vertically

Thanks for reporting, should be fixed in the next dev *nologisticissues* update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2019 at 3:33 PM, HaseDesTodes said:

Changed: boundingBox and boundingBoxReal now can be passed a number (0-ClipVisual, 1-ClipShadow, 2-ClipGeometry, 3-ClipGeneral) and return the bounding sphere value

Is this really what I think it is? Holy cow! 😬

On 3/10/2019 at 9:40 AM, teabagginpeople said:

Jesus H , it is Sunday dammit. ha yeah we love Arma way too much, but you guys get some damn life lived.

Sun never sets on world wide Arma community.

10 hours ago, rübe said:

Let's hope so!

12 hours ago, rübe said:

2 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Let's hope so!

Sorry, I'm not at all familiar with 3D modelling or what those terms mean in Arma. Could you tell me what's so promising about that particular update?

39 minutes ago, a_killer_wombat said:

Sorry, I'm not at all familiar with 3D modelling or what those terms mean in Arma. Could you tell me what's so promising about that particular update?

I'd like to know as well.

17 minutes ago, R3vo said:

I'd like to know as well.

It appears to give the bounding box commands much greater accuracy

13 hours ago, rübe said:

Is this really what I think it is?

Just a few options allowing to get more precise bboxes in some cases. And the value of bounding sphere diameter that was not possible to retrieve for objects without classname

14 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

It appears to give the bounding box commands much greater accuracy

I know. That's why I was curious what's so special about it.

30 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

more precise bboxes in some cases

Wait, so what exactly is it? Are we finally able to retrieve exact bounding boxes (in particular without the memory lod, which doesn't make any sense) in a reliable way, or is this just another hack/approximation? More precise? In some cases? I don't like the sound of this...🤒

@R3vo

See: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T81462

26 minutes ago, rübe said:

Wait, so what exactly is it? Are we finally able to retrieve exact bounding boxes (in particular without the memory lod, which doesn't make any sense) in a reliable way, or is this just another hack/approximation? More precise? In some cases? I don't like the sound of this...🤒

@R3vo

See: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T81462

The changelog is a bit bad.. It seems to say that the command only returns the radius of the bounding sphere if you pass the flags.
I'm gonna assume that's not what's happening. ClipVisual geturns the bounding box of ONLY the visual lod, meaning memory lod included.

53 minutes ago, rübe said:

Wait, so what exactly is it?

The commands are on dev

53 minutes ago, rübe said:

or is this just another hack/approximation?

The engine has certain methods and params regarding bboxes, this update gives user access to some of those params that always existed but were not available to the user before. I hope this answers your question.

• Like 1

It's curious that the new command mentioned bounding sphere, while the current boundingbox commands return a 3d box

1 hour ago, killzone_kid said:

The commands are on dev

My bad, I'm not on dev. branch these days any longer, and don't plan to.

1 hour ago, killzone_kid said:

I hope this answers your question.

Not really. The question basically boils down to whether this:

YcA9ZNL.png

got fixed or not. And what we see here, are useless bounding boxes (red one is "real") blown up by things defined in the memory lod. "ClipVisual" or "ClipGeometry" sounded like it could, maybe, achieve such a thing. Probably not? Nevermind. We'll see soon enough.

1 hour ago, rübe said:

got fixed or not. And what we see here, are useless bounding boxes (red one is "real") blown up by things defined in the memory lod. "ClipVisual" or "ClipGeometry" sounded like it could, maybe, achieve such a thing. Probably not? Nevermind. We'll see soon enough.

I already answered that. ClipVisual ignores memory lod and only takes the visual lod into account.

So yes. I guess it does exactly what you are asking for.

I asked BI for the same thing half a year ago and even implemented it myself to test it out and told BI how to do it.
This looks to be about my thing just more general (I only had ClipVisual accessible, none of the other types because they didn't seem useful to me)

IMO bounding box of shadow doesn't really make sense as that should be the same as visual. Same for geometry, it should be same as visual generally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rübe said:

"ClipVisual" or "ClipGeometry" sounded like it could, maybe, achieve such a thing

I guess Christmas came early for you

cumt7U9.jpg

boundingBoxReal box vs 0 boundingBoxReal box

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2