On 8.11.2018 at 7:53 PM, D_Donskoy said:

Hi everyone. 

Tell me please "warlords" is like a "warfare"? 

Well, not like Benny Warfare or BECTI...those mission became very copmlex over time. And lately that turned into "Drone Commander Remote Warfare". The original was more about direct Player actions in the field. 

Something with a lower tech level using the numerous milizia and guerilla units resulting in a combat style like in the still popular "Escape from ..." missions would be beneficial.

15 hours ago, Beagle said:

Well, not like Benny Warfare or BECTI...those mission became very copmlex over time. ANd lately that turend into "Drone Commander Remote Warfare". The original was more about direct Player actions in the field. 

Something with a lower tech level using the numerous milizia and guerilla units resulting in a combat style like in the still popular "Escape from ..." missions would be beneficial.

Very sorry. 

Thanks. 

I hope Amsterdam will not let you down with new things.

https://arma3.com/news/arma-3-roadmap-2018-november-update#.W-VsG2Rn00M

Here are the new characters. From left to right: Ivan, Pettka, Dr. Hadlik, Jay and Dwarden

DLg3pxe.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, R3vo said:

Here are the new characters. From left to right: Ivan, Pettka, Dr. Hadlik, Jay and Dwarden

Sadly their faces don't animate and a few have very strange meshes. Jay in particular.

18 hours ago, Night515 said:

have very strange meshes. Jay in particular.

*must resist commenting * lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27.10.2018 at 1:20 AM, Yoshi_E said:

that should be more or less intended behavior. It was also desired by the community for a long time. 30mm rounds no longer get triggered by the leafs on a bush or thin walls, and instead penetrate and detonate behind it. Its a 30mm round after all, they are not small! The lack of a penetrating mark or effectives on the wall might be irritating, but i dont think they are rendered on that range.

Useful to kill soldiers hiding in houses or behind thin walls. It also increased the effectiveness against light / unarmored targets.
A-10 and other aircraft should use similar HE rounds.

It would be better if the HE bullet detonator worked outside the first barrier. But they fly through all the walls, through and through. Detonation occurs when HE falls into a firmer structure behind a thin wall, on the floor, on a support, or on something else.

Then why the HE gun cartridge 40mm AMV-7 Marshal does not possess such penetrating power?

Reveal hidden contents

The second. Three types of HE bullets are known according to the mode of action of the fuse:
1. contact
2. inertial
3. electronic
Moreover, 1 and 2 may have different time delayers to undermine the substance. But this is a very short time interval after the first contact with an obstacle. Such bullets do not possess deep penetrating ability, since they explode beyond the first barrier.
  HE bullets with an electronic fuse can be programmed to explode at a certain distance. In this case, the first contact of the bullet with the barrier does not affect the triggering of the explosive charge of the bullet, the interval of the explosion is set more accurately at a distance to the target.

In the game, there is no short time delay for bullets with a contact or inertial fuse, and there is no way for a programmable electronic fuse.
Since the striking ability of HE bullets is designed to hit a target behind an obstacle, I would like to see a predictable result in this part of the question, and not because it is implemented now. In the HE bullet game, there is no one of the three ways the fuze works, but a strange triggering of the fuse is implemented, which requires a certain contact structure to explode a substance.

In summary: APC Marshal and his HE bullets are inferior to HE bullets (other APCs) in a penetrating shot, while other APCs have an extra expenditure of HE bullets to search for the desired strike to get an explosion in the target hit zone.

Spoiler

bullet_penetrability.jpg

These indicators of "bullet penetrability/Impact/Thickness/Distinside" should not have such dependences for HE of a bullet. Between falling of speed and ability to get with the current speed, there has to be a charge HE detonator delay mechanism response time.
Penetration through five fences of 280 mm, does not make explosion of a detonator of HE, looks as accidental explosion of HE when its speed becomes very small. It is more similar to penetration of an armor-piercing bullet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oukej would it be at all possible to get more elaboration on what is being changed in the vehicle audios ranges, from wip#1-#2. does not need to be hugely detailed just to help with testing the different vehicles with these changes. 

cheers.

6 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

Oukej would it be at all possible to get more elaboration on what is being changed in the vehicle audios ranges, from wip#1-#2. does not need to be hugely detailed just to help with testing the different vehicles with these changes. 

cheers.

The main problem for ages (since 1.82) is, that for example,  tracked vehicles engines are so silent, that you hear the track ringing sound and the rolling sound on ground well before you hear the engine. RL you can hear a idling Tank engine easily from hundreds of meters, at full throttle easily more than a kilometer away. We are talking of engine sound in the range of 100 dD RL,  that are silenced in game beyond 100m. A.k.a. the silenced whisper Tank in game.

9 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

It's just their audibility over distance. So you can hear that tank @Beagle is mentioning in a town 1 click away. The change applies to all wheeled and tracked vehicles. Sometimes (noticeable with MRAPs) there's a bug when the vehicle "pops" up in the soundscape at some 300m. First was a quick "fix" iteration, the second iteration tried to bring in more polish and consistency to the variety of ranges between tanks, APCs, trucks, MRAPs and smaller cars.

• Like 6

On 11/11/2018 at 9:51 PM, oukej said:

It's just their audibility over distance. So you can hear that tank @Beagle is mentioning in a town 1 click away. The change applies to all wheeled and tracked vehicles. Sometimes (noticeable with MRAPs) there's a bug when the vehicle "pops" up in the soundscape at some 300m. First was a quick "fix" iteration, the second iteration tried to bring in more polish and consistency to the variety of ranges between tanks, APCs, trucks, MRAPs and smaller cars.

hey oukej cheers for reply. yeah I was testing wip#1 other week and figured was just tanks so far. so was just wondering more so what wip#2 was bringing. its a really big change tactical gameplay wise and much appreciated.

please fix

17:45:36 Error in expression <is param [0, "", [""]];
_params = _this param [1, [], [[]]];

switch (_mode) do
>
17:45:36   Error position: <param [1, [], [[]]];

switch (_mode) do
>
17:45:36   Error Type Number, expected Array
17:45:36 File A3\functions_f_mp_mark\DynamicGroups\fn_dynamicGroups.sqf [BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups], line 4526

Not sure if this goes here or not, but RC build:

Windsock ( windsock_01_f) does not work, the pole is there but the sock apparently got blown away or something

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LykosMactire said:

Not sure if this goes here or not, but RC build:

Windsock ( windsock_01_f) does not work, the pole is there but the sock apparently got blown away or something

Do you have wind in game? If I remember correctly if there is no wind then sock magically disappear. It doesn't change fact that it's not desired state but as far as I remember it is like that since Heli DLC release

Just now, reyhard said:

Do you have wind in game? If I remember correctly if there is no wind then sock magically disappear. It doesn't change fact that it's not desired state but as far as I remember it is like that since Heli DLC release

Damn, I've “discovered” this bug and he “confirmed” but we're both looked wrongly, you're right.

Also... I'm not sure about this maybe only for me though, I feel ADR-97 is not fitting to other official assets well. Sounds like... something low quality, looks like... there's no scars nor weatherings, feels too clean.

Is the Ar-2 supposed to be able to report its laser designator via datalink or was this purposely left out? 

@reyhard with the introduction of fx for when sub munitions are released,  is it possible to change it via config or is it hardcoded? 

Just now, snoops_213 said:

Is the Ar-2 supposed to be able to report its laser designator via datalink or was this purposely left out? 

@reyhard with the introduction of fx for when sub munitions are released,  is it possible to change it via config or is it hardcoded? 

class ClusterEffectFly
{
	class ClusterFlyLight
	{
		simulation = "light";
		type = "ClusterFlyLight";
		position[] = {0, 0, 0};
		enabled = "speedY interpolate [-0.0001,0.0001,1,-1]";
		intensity = 1;
		interval = 1;
	};
	class ClusterFly
	{
		simulation = "particles";
		type = "ClusterFly";
		position[] = {0, 0, 0};
		enabled = "speedY interpolate [-0.0001,0.0001,1,-1]";
		intensity = 1;
		interval = 1;
	};
	class ClusterExplosion
	{
		simulation	= "particles";
		type		= "ClusterExplosion";
		position[]	= {0, 0, 0};
		enabled		= "flyTime interpolate [0,0.2,1,-1]";
		intensity	= 1;
		interval	= 1;
	};
	class GrenadeExp1
	{
		simulation	= "particles";
		type		= "ClusterExpFire";
		position[]	= {0, 0, 0};
		intensity	= 1;
		interval	= 1;
		lifeTime	= 0.5;
		enabled		= "flyTime interpolate [0,0.2,1,-1]";
	};
};

ClusterExplosion & GrenadeExp1 are responsible for sub munition release FX. As you can see, some trick with expressions was used (see "enabled" param) & this solution can be easily modified.

• Thanks 1

the eod vest olive, in orange dlc, has better textures than the same Vest in marksmen DLC please give the same quality

On 20/11/2018 at 6:58 AM, POLPOX said:

Damn, I've “discovered” this bug and he “confirmed” but we're both looked wrongly, you're right.

Also... I'm not sure about this maybe only for me though, I feel ADR-97 is not fitting to other official assets well. Sounds like... something low quality, looks like... there's no scars nor weatherings, feels too clean.

better to have it than not have it, imo

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

better to have it than not have it, imo

Yeah of course, exist is better than nothing but... they should do some QA before they implement as vanilla assets, I think.

• Like 2

I really hope that the game will live and develop. And very much hope for Arma 4!

https://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/?u=76561197995272812&k=12185713339467187689

Just played WARLORDS.
Very good, thanks Josef Zemánek, I was very waiting for a mode like this.
But... again:
1. Why can't I buy artillery?
2. Why is aviation AI not involved?
3. Why AAF Force  - it's just infantry without tanks, fortifications and all that is useful in the game?
4. Why not mobile headquarters, and also shown on the map?
5. Why do soldiers now fall from the sky, instead of flying for example by helicopter or plane?
The game has AA systems, artillery, UAV (instead of UAV, used to scan the sector with markers-horror!).
6. Why the infantry does not buy a transport?
7. What is the forced sector selection system?
8. Why in a combat patrol enemy soldiers are in buildings, and in WARLORDS not?
Please implement in this mode all the features of the game and its assets. No need to change the UAV branch to markers on the map, while there is a real drone! It is not necessary to be afraid to introduce artillery and aviation-as there are air defense systems and it is possible to make restrictions on artillery (for example the presence of civil in the sector or some certain tasks.
Let AI use artillery (as in the case of escape from Tanoa), tanks and aviation! Let it not be safe to move around the island! :) Let the game be tougher to the player and demanding to tactics, not only due to the skills of AI, just let the game tends to more realistic rules of combat due to the fact that it is-I mean all the same artillery, aviation, divers, ships, drones, etc.-Poch He doesn't have it again?
I still hope for you and thank you for not abandoning the tradition of "WARLORDS = WARFARE"! :)

Actually, I have a suggestion regarding arty that might be useful. Make the players buy individual shells if they want to use it. This might be hard to implement, but from game-balance standpoint it'd not only allow the arty not to be overpowered, but also allow selection of shells according to situation. If you're short on points you might want to stick to smoke rounds, while you might want to shell out (pun intended :) ) for a guided one if they're using tanks (of course, you need to decide between that and buying a tank of your own...).

The arty system itself should have a modest cost, except for MLRS launchers, which should have an "endgame" price. Ideally, smoke and illumination would be the primary use for most of the game.

Added: Proxy models to some of the magazines

But no weapon changes yet? Did some quick look at a couple basic rifles, but didn't notice any difference so far.

Just now, lexx said:

But no weapon changes yet? Did some quick look at a couple basic rifles, but didn't notice any difference so far.

No, this is a preparation - mainly to have it ASAP in the upcoming patch  for our community and the mods. This won't have any actual gameplay effect in vanilla game at least until 1.88.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I got a suspicion a little so searched through the signs and Googled, found some issues about town signs.

Spoiler

In game English name - Counterpart Greek word/name (not in-game Greek)

Syrta - Συρτά (No counterpart city name or Greek word?)
Athira - Άθυρα (The first Ά should be with the acute)
Charkia - Χάρκια (The first ά should be and the last α shouldn't be with the acute)
Zaros - Ζαρός (The first Ζ should be upper case)
Dorida - Δωρίδα (In-game sign shows it's Doridos)
Therisa - Θέρισα (No counterpart city name or Greek word?)
Chalkeia - Χαλκεία (The first α shouldn't and the last ί should be with the acute)
Poliakko - Πολιακκό(No counterpart city name or Greek word?)
Stavros - Σταυρός (ό should be with the acute)
Alikampos - Αλικαμπος (ι shouldn't be with the acute)
Katalaki - Καταλάκι (No counterpart city name or Greek word?)
Delfinaki - Δελφινάκι (Δ was missing)
Kalithea - Καλλιθέα (λλ is doubled)
Oreokastro - Ωραιόκαστρο (The first ό should be with the acute)

I ain't even a Greek speaker though. Maybe we should talk with native Greek speaker if these are issues to fix.

FYI: the current (after “fixing” Oreokastro) sign

Spoiler

Kavala - Καβάλα
Syrta - Συρτά
Pyrgos - Πύργος
Abdrea - Άβδηρα
Neochori - Νεοχώρι
Lakka - Λάκκα
Athira - Αθυρα
Frini - Φρύνι
Charkia - Χαρκιά
Negades - Νεγάδες
Gravia - Γραβιά
Panochori - Πανωχώρι
Telos - Τέλος
Neri - Νέρη
Kore - Κόρη
Rodopoli - Ροδόπολη
Agios Dionysios - Άγιος Διονύσιος
Zaros - ζαρός
Dorida - Δωρίδα
Therisa - Θέρισα
Chalkeia - Χάλκεια
Poliakko - Πολιακκό
Panagia - Παναγίας
Feres - Φέρες
Stavros - Σταυρος
Selakano - Σελάκανο
Alikampos - Αλίκαμπος
Paros - Πάρος
Anthrakia - Ανθρακιά
Kalochori - Καλοχώρι
Topolia - Τοπόλια
Sofia - Σοφία
Aggelochori - Αγγελοχώρι
Molos - Μώλος
Koroni - Κορώνη
Galati - Γαλάτι
Ioannia - Ιωάννινα
Agios Konstantinos - Άγιος Κωνσταντίνος
Katalaki - Καταλάκι
Delfinaki - ελφινάκι
Kalithea - Καλιθέα
Oreokastro - Ωραιοκαστρο
Ifestiona - Ηφαιστίωνα

But I can't ensure all Greeks are transliterated properly. It's contained in signes_f.pbo\SignS\Data, SignS_Settlement_1_CA.paa and SignS_Settlement_2_CA.paa.

• Like 1