How are they broken in so many ways?

Other than the issue with the Darter not liking its altitude being set via the UI I have zero issues with the drones in game.

If you are the commander of a vehicle and switch to the drone, it is not possible anymore to command the vehicle you are sitting in (using the drone as eye in the sky for a tank commander... awesome... in theory). This worked one or so years ago. I reported it a couple times since, but it was never fixed.

Now it is barely possible to assign waypoints to a drone, as I stated above.

Drones also like to bug out and go in constant circles (panic mode?), with you being unable to get them back to work normal.

I've also noticed issues with setting flight height. If you stay under 10m, all is fine. Once you hit the 10m, the drone suddenly wants to idle up in the sky (default flight height of 40m?). This is quite annoying as well, especially if you try to stay somewhat hidden. 

Doesn't sound like much, but it forces you to constantly micromanage the drone. 

• Like 2

Added: Priority Queue data structure functions

Don't forget to create the documentation on the wiki for them once they are final:f:

Could we get a hide animation for the Ghost Hawk's miniguns? Would be awesome for medevac helos! :)

• Like 6

Please, could we get back the ability of taking directly the magazine from a weapon? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this was implemented at some time, and then disappeared quickly.
Currently you can open a weapon and take accessories like telescopic sights, tripods, but not the magazine.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 8:36 PM, VanZant said:

Please, could we get back the ability of taking directly the magazine from a weapon? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this was implemented at some time, and then disappeared quickly.
Currently you can open a weapon and take accessories like telescopic sights, tripods, but not the magazine.

I believe *some* weapons allow removal of a magazine where others do not, and it is probably a configuration issue. 

EDIT: did some testing: I could remove mags from Cyrus, CAR and MX rifle. It's probably some specific weapons were you cannot do that (I have seen it in the past)

"Fixed: Issue with shadows on the T-100 barrel"

fuel barrel?

So I flew the Cesar BTT after a long time yesterday (on stable), both the racing and non-racing variants. Both of them handle very strangely now, especially the racing version. There's a very strong opposition force to input, like it's being over-damped. Especially obvious with vertical movement. Makes it annoying to fly, and much harder to make fine movements because of the violent counter-force.

I wrote about this earlier. The gun of the commander on the T-100 Angara, the bullets easily penetrate into some textures and explode far behind the object.
I checked it in DEV today, nothing has changed there.
The same effect is present on the guns:
- BTR-K Kamysh
- IFV-4 Gorgona
- IFV-6A Cheetach
- ZSU-39 Tigris

- FV720 Mora

Is it planned to leave as is?

1 hour ago, lex__1 said:

I wrote about this earlier. The gun of the commander on the T-100 Angara, the bullets easily penetrate into some textures and explode far behind the object.
Is it planned to leave as is?

Jesus F. Christ.  How did this get into the wild? Or should I say, How did this get into the wild AFTER it was mentioned and reported.

8 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Jesus F. Christ.  How did this get into the wild? Or should I say, How did this get into the wild AFTER it was mentioned and reported.

The date on the video, March 8, 2018. It was at the stage of testing Tank DLC, I checked it in DEV today, nothing has changed there.

that should be more or less intended behavior. It was also desired by the community for a long time. 30mm rounds no longer get triggered by the leafs on a bush or thin walls, and instead penetrate and detonate behind it. Its a 30mm round after all, they are not small! The lack of a penetrating mark or effectives on the wall might be irritating, but i dont think they are rendered on that range.

Useful to kill soldiers hiding in houses or behind thin walls. It also increased the effectiveness against light / unarmored targets.
A-10 and other aircraft should use similar HE rounds.

It would be better if the HE bullet detonator worked outside the first barrier. But they fly through all the walls, through and through. Detonation occurs when HE falls into a firmer structure behind a thin wall, on the floor, on a support, or on something else.

This is pretty realistic. Normal HE detonates when it hits something though enough to give it resistance. Thin walls it just goes through, and it can fly through plenty. Remember, this is a 30mm round, and those things are big and heavy. It takes a lot to stop it.

There are special wall-piercing rounds that are specifically designed to explode right after exiting the wall, but we don't have those in ArmA3 and they also need a fairly solid wall to trigger. Depending on the exact specifications, a round like that could fail notice a wooden fence, too.

Then why the HE gun cartridge 40mm AMV-7 Marshal does not possess such penetrating power?

Spoiler

The figure shows the effect of medium-caliber projectiles of different types manufactured by Rheinmetall on unarmored and armored targets.

snaryady_dlya_pushek_zapadnykh_bmp_4.jpg

APPIE technology (Amour Piercing with Pyrotechnical Induced Energy - armor-piercing with energy released by pyrotechnic method), adopted for 25-mm shells, combines armor penetration and fragmentation impact. In the photo, a projectile (F) APPIE-T from a distance of 100 meters broke through a concrete wall 20 cm thick, after which its fragments hit a steel sheet behind it two meters away

snaryady_dlya_pushek_zapadnykh_bmp_6.jpg

The second. Three types of HE bullets are known according to the mode of action of the fuse:
1. contact
2. inertial
3. electronic
Moreover, 1 and 2 may have different time delayers to undermine the substance. But this is a very short time interval after the first contact with an obstacle. Such bullets do not possess deep penetrating ability, since they explode beyond the first barrier.
  HE bullets with an electronic fuse can be programmed to explode at a certain distance. In this case, the first contact of the bullet with the barrier does not affect the triggering of the explosive charge of the bullet, the interval of the explosion is set more accurately at a distance to the target.

In the game, there is no short time delay for bullets with a contact or inertial fuse, and there is no way for a programmable electronic fuse.
Since the striking ability of HE bullets is designed to hit a target behind an obstacle, I would like to see a predictable result in this part of the question, and not because it is implemented now. In the HE bullet game, there is no one of the three ways the fuze works, but a strange triggering of the fuse is implemented, which requires a certain contact structure to explode a substance.

In summary: APC Marshal and his HE bullets are inferior to HE bullets (other APCs) in a penetrating shot, while other APCs have an extra expenditure of HE bullets to search for the desired strike to get an explosion in the target hit zone.

• Like 1

Looks like my game isn't starting anymore since last dev-branch update. The loading bar is stopping after about 30 or so pixels and won't continue. I've already disabled all mods & verified cache, but no change.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lexx said:

Looks like my game isn't starting anymore since last dev-branch update. The loading bar is stopping after about 30 or so pixels and won't continue. I've already disabled all mods & verified cache, but no change.

Hey I had exactly the same issue. Verified local cache a couple of times, deleted and redownloaded core files from the root and dta folders. No avail. I suspected it was just some glitch on my system as I've never had such problems before.

I have both branches installed, so I copied everything from main to dev and updated it to dev, which finally fixed it. So a full reinstall or switching back and forth between dev and main might work too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greenfist said:

Hey I had exactly the same issue. Verified local cache a couple of times, deleted and redownloaded core files from the root and dta folders. No avail. I suspected it was just some glitch on my system as I've never had such problems before.

I have both branches installed, so I copied everything from main to dev and updated it to dev, which finally fixed it. So a full reinstall or switching back and forth between dev and main might work too.

Same issue, I've done all of the above except reinstalling to no avail.

5 hours ago, lexx said:

3 hours ago, Greenfist said:

2 hours ago, Night515 said:

Same issue, I've done all of the above except reinstalling to no avail.

Delete 'cache.ch'

• Like 5

6 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

Delete 'cache.ch'

This worked! Thanks a ton.

20 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

Delete 'cache.ch'

Added also to the dev-branch log. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

the Gendarmerie Uniform doesn't fit well with NATO carrier vest

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127626

AI the driver doesn't keep the Tank position.
If AI receives traveling coordinates, ever, it will always move to these coordinates even if you have changed tasks for AI. It can't be cancelled, it is possible to appoint other traveling coordinates only.

• Like 1