On ‎08‎.‎08‎.‎2018 at 12:59 AM, oukej said:
On ‎07‎.‎08‎.‎2018 at 11:17 PM, D_Donskoy said:

I'm already cool and trying to fix the code for new missiles to shoot them without the UAV terminal!)))) That's why I love arma)))

Awesome! That's why we love Arma too, why we love our community and why so many of us come from the community too or feel as a part of it.
Feel free to share your solution with us!

It does not cancel what should be included in the module to call a missile strike. I'm not talking about ballistic computing, I'm just talking about the possibility of calling this hit in the direction of the target that the player or unit will highlight laser designator. And it will all be voiced and look as it should. If I can do that and the developers all the more can do it, because you guys "gramotnej" me in this matter and do everything as it should. Can leave with this unmanned version no one against will not) hope for you!!! No. I really hope for you!!!

And the question is still relevant:
What about the women and the surrounding life on the island?
Will not be?

I apologize for the bad English (Google Translator is all to blame).

6 hours ago, jone_kone said:

Also, you dont have to use the drone. You can also use the target designator under "turrets". It is colapsible and can be carried as a backpack.

You can even just have a man with a laser designator as that will broadcast via data link as well. 

As has been said before missiles don't work with the artillery computer and trying to reprogramme it to do so wouldn't be worth the effort, but what I've wondering if they could modify the firing solutions so that NLOS weapons like cruise missiles and artillery/mortars, could be used by the AI over terrain. The ai has the ability to use these weapons effectively and at long ranges without user input but its inability to do so with terrain on the map seems to be a bit of limiter on these assets as it forces us to  use scripts to make them work as  they should. 

2 hours ago, D_Donskoy said:

It does not cancel what should be included in the module to call a missile strike. I'm not talking about ballistic computing, I'm just talking about the possibility of calling this hit in the direction of the target that the player or unit will highlight laser designator.

Yeah i think extending the fire support module to include the cruise missile may be a good idea (it already has CAS support).

2 hours ago, D_Donskoy said:

What about the women and the surrounding life on the island?
Will not be?

A lot of us would love to see women in both military and civilian roles in Arma, but the devs have long made clear that this will not happen in Arma 3. Arma 3 development is winding down anyway. DayZ: Standalone does have women, so hopefully they are included in Arma 4...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SuicideKing said:

A lot of us would love to see women in both military and civilian roles in Arma, but the devs have long made clear that this will not happen in Arma 3. Arma 3 development is winding down anyway. DayZ: Standalone does have women, so hopefully they are included in Arma 4...

If arma 4 will be to arma 3 what arma 3 was to arma 2, I'd not get my hopes up.

Cheers

• Like 1

The smartest thing to do would be if ArmA4 is to ArmA3 what ArmA2 is to ArmA1: Using all of the existing assets from A3, but with upgraded textures, as well as adding lots of new stuff. For this to make sense, this also means that a potential A4 has to be set somewhere between 2015 and 2040, though (which I would have no problem with at all... Sorry, but I don't want the cold war times again). Anyway... I think mechanic-wise, A3 is a good foundation.. it's just that it all needs to be tied together to make it feel like a coherent package... and it needs a lot more bug fixes. Both things I'm hoping the future A4 will bring to the table.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

quick question: in multiplayer i had glitches with the "boat rack", which i put on the new destroyer.

when "unloading", the crew of the boat sometimes gets killed and sometimes the "boat rack" vanished after unloading (sometimes both).

i am running complete vanilla and no sophisticated scripting envolved. are there some preferred simulation settings for the destroyer and boat rack? (i mean deactivate physic interaction or sth.? until now i had the destroyer in default mode and the boat rack + boats with simualtion manager active (because the simulation manager is really great btw.)

quick tipps much appreciated!!

ps: this post is also a very low key bug report. thanks for reading!

Guys the Destroyer is fucking invincible. No matter how many fast crafts you have coming the CIWS goes absolutely ballistic and can nuke targets 1km away. 

I've put 3 CSAT submersibles and 14 speedboats trying to get close and none of them made it, with land artillery and aerial support. This was with 2 destroyers.

You can't even get in position of any CIWS to use satchels so they're there for good unless you have remote sentry otpion which would also get destroyed. Bloody hell how is this supposed to happen alongside a carrier with 80 planes ready to fly off and flatten continents.  mad 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, M. Glade said:

Guys the Destroyer is fucking invincible. No matter how many fast crafts you have coming the CIWS goes absolutely ballistic and can nuke targets 1km away. 

I've put 3 CSAT submersibles and 14 speedboats trying to get close and none of them made it, with land artillery and aerial support. This was with 2 destroyers.

You can't even get in position of any CIWS to use satchels so they're there for good unless you have remote sentry otpion which would also get destroyed. Bloody hell how is this supposed to happen alongside a carrier with 80 planes ready to fly off and flatten continents.  mad 

So, everything seems all right with the Destroyers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2018 at 1:06 PM, Beagle said:

So, everything seems all right with the Destroyers.

The problem is, the destroyer is undestroyable. :e:

RIP AAF, the campaign didn't need an invasion considering it would be over before it started with the cruise missile. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, M. Glade said:

The problem is, the destroyer is undestroyable. :e:

RIP AAF, the campaign didn't need an invasion considering it would be over before it started with the cruise missile. 

You just need a few HARMs and that thing is fucked up because the only direct firing weapons for self defense are using active radar. A single aircraft with the right payload can deliver quite a punch to it since its longest range anti air weapons with the standard configuration are those RIM 116 with a range of I think 5 km max. Without the radar support by the Praetorians even within 5 km they are pretty bad when it comes to find and track a target.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2018 at 1:36 PM, M. Glade said:

Which way did it kill the submersibles on the depths?

1 hour ago, winse said:

Which way did it kill the submersibles on the depths?

Can detect the subs even 5m underwater. Pointless to use the periscope as you 'll have to be hugging the seafloor to get close. And again, you can't even use satchels on the destroyer becasue you can't reach any of the turrets. 

hidden selection?
"Tweaked: The "headgear_placeholder" "equip_placeholder" models were updated !

9 hours ago, M. Glade said:

Can detect the subs even 5m underwater. Pointless to use the periscope as you 'll have to be hugging the seafloor to get close. And again, you can't even use satchels on the destroyer becasue you can't reach any of the turrets. 

Radar sensors are able to detect submarines 5m below surface?

There might be a problem with knowsabout/reveal.

Before when you did a "reveal" command the unit would go into combat mode as if attacked,, now AA launcher equipped unit will not even fire at a helicopter within 800m of it even if you "reveal".

Helicopters ignore infantry if it is revealed to them, and only react to it when they start shooting, although combatmode is "RED" so reaction should be straight forward.

Can the specular maps be tweaked for the files "hl_white_hairy_muscular.rvmat" and "hl_white_hairy_muscular_injury.rvmat"? Currently, the fingernails look unnaturally bright and shiny. Another way to fix this would be to simply swap this RVMAT out for "hl_white_bald_muscular.rvmat" on all models that use the former.

Here's what I mean though:

3ewtWUC.jpg

1DGD4Qp.jpg

As of now, it seems like the AAF combat fatigues, most of the FIA stuff, and some of the Syndikat stuff uses this RVMAT.

On 8/16/2018 at 12:12 PM, zukov said:

hidden selection?
"Tweaked: The "headgear_placeholder" "equip_placeholder" models were updated !

After searching config files and in-game tests lastnight, I don't think so! However myself and many others are still waiting for hidden selections to be usable on helmets and vests. And what I remember from a year or so ago one of the devs said it was unlikely to happen. But considering we got a few completely unexpected fixes since then, I was wondering if any devs @oukej can elaborate on the issue or give us a answer as to whether or not it may ever be possible in A3's life time?

9 hours ago, Ivanoff.N said:

The video of AI behavior bug I mentioned earlier:

Just a few sidenotes:

Reveal on its own doesn't do much.

With a default knowsAbout value of 1 most units won't open fire, since the value is too low,

needs to be >1.5 as far as I know, also depends on the units weapons/heading, daytime/overcast and target stance/movement/other factors.

If you reveal the player in your example for 1.5 this still won't be enough for the hunter to open fire, but once you start moving he's lighting you up.

A reveal of 4 should make the AI open fire in most cases (still depending on heading, line of sight, etc.)

There's probably a reason why it's that way, maybe to prevent AI from opening fire as soon as they spot you.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 29.6.2018 at 6:24 AM, nodunit said:

On 28.6.2018 at 4:50 PM, Lbbde said:

Could it be that the hangar gates are a little bit too narrow for a Ghost Hawk?

I've been trying to fly a ghost parked in the hangar to the landing deck, but the main rotor is being destroyed at the gates.   :{O

I will try to make a video of it later.

After some testing it appears there is something going on, this will be looked into.

did this ever get fixed by any chance?

On 8/18/2018 at 7:13 PM, Asgar said:

did this ever get fixed by any chance?

Youre not supposed to "fly a helicopter out of a Hangar. The rotors are folded and only unfolded outside of a ship hangar. You need to use scripted functions here.

• Like 3

Is there a reason why the KH-3A Fenghuang UAV (the Apex DLC drone for pacific CSAT) doesn't have customisable pylons? I'm guessing BI simply forgot to update it in the Jets DLC patch. Would be nice if this would be fixed.

• Like 6

It would've been nice if we could get its missiles for use with other vehicles. They'd look nice as an example of a SACLOS-only missile.

• Like 2

On 21/08/2018 at 8:57 AM, a_killer_wombat said:

Is there a reason why the KH-3A Fenghuang UAV (the Apex DLC drone for pacific CSAT) doesn't have customisable pylons? I'm guessing BI simply forgot to update it in the Jets DLC patch. Would be nice if this would be fixed.

yes please! perfect candidate for SDBs

as it is with the atgm, its un-usable in 99% of fun scenarios

Can we PLEASE get Proxy magazines? Just imagine all of the possibilities! Not only that but then we could have a long barrel SPAR-16 with a foregrip for example!

• Like 7