There is no Tropic version of new AA systems and radars?

Not with the artillery system. It requires a lock on target now. Cruise missiles wouldn't work properly if set up as artillery. 

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

Not with the artillery system. It requires a lock on target now. Cruise missiles wouldn't work properly if set up as artillery. 

Ok.

How do I request fire on location? Or a laser marker?

Does this work only on the code now?!! No way! ...

It is a little more involved, yes. It should be possible to use a trigger, but you will need some script commands. You can now use the gun for artillery support, though.

8 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

It is a little more involved, yes. It should be possible to use a trigger, but you will need some script commands. You can now use the gun for artillery support, though.

Thank you.
It's terrible!

5 years of development and goodbye support module and hello artillery ARMA 2!!!

Sometimes I just do not understand the developers))))))))

21 minutes ago, D_Donskoy said:

It's terrible!

5 years of development and goodbye support module and hello artillery ARMA 2!!!

Sometimes I just do not understand the developers))))))))

VLS can be used and controlled via the UAV terminal.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, oukej said:

VLS can be used and controlled via the UAV terminal.

I know, thank you.
USS Destroyer - BIG UAV!

You need to do the same type, all the artillery in the game.

Сool.

7 minutes ago, TheMasterofBlubb said:

@D_Donskoy The Problem with the artillery module is only present on the VLS because it has terrain following possibilities

Of course!

The main thing is realistic and balanced!

Sorry guys (BI) - but this … funny.

The VLS with a cruise missile atm is not an artillery weapon (Artillery computer does not support guided munitions). Similarly to the SAM sites and CIWS we've decided to utilize the UAV tech. to achieve certain gameplay and usability. Change from artillery-like control has been a necessity from tech. pov. We're sorry about that if the MLRS artillery from early dev-branch suited your needs better :(

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I'm not sure is it acknowledged or works as intended, but seems there's some problem with reverb in corridors(if i properly understand word)

from the hangar and till the bridge

ALSO explosive damage goes through the walls

Spoiler

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 8:58 PM, Ulmann said:

There is no Tropic version of new AA systems and radars?

There is a green hex version of the CSAT set. Rightclick -> Edit vehicle appearance.

I'm not sure if there's a Pacific camo for the NATO ones, though. There wasn't on early versions and I haven't checked since release.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oukej said:

The VLS with a cruise missile atm is not an artillery weapon.

The VLS should have a missile camera feed, but it seems broken for me. The panel shows “No Connection” all the time unless I access to VLS via Virtual Arsenal.

5b69823f7baad.png

• Like 1

On 07/08/2018 at 12:33 PM, Sc0tt said:

The VLS should have a missile camera feed, but it seems broken for me. The panel shows “No Connection” all the time unless I access to VLS via Virtual Arsenal.

That is because somehow the missile camera doesn't work with the UAV AI and controlling it via UAV Terminal.

I hope that can be fixed.

17 hours ago, oukej said:

The VLS with a cruise missile atm is not an artillery weapon (Artillery computer does not support guided munitions). Similarly to the SAM sites and CIWS we've decided to utilize the UAV tech. to achieve certain gameplay and usability. Change from artillery-like control has been a necessity from tech. pov. We're sorry about that if the MLRS artillery from early dev-branch suited your needs better :(

It's not that this is not an artillery gun, but that now to request a local strike, the operator controls an unmanned missile launcher located on the ship! After all, you could add a line in the module and call it a missile strike or whatever. And all this would be accompanied by a voice acting and would look as it should. But it did not happen... Why? Because it's not a rocket launcher, it's an unmanned missile launcher (UAV). As a result-it is not interesting to target a laser marker, and then switch to the rocket launcher and shoot it in its TV and then switch back to the operator.

It looks like... Fake. Or you were too hasty to let it out.
The game has so many gaps that the developers themselves also add! What for? Because the rocket is not an artillery shell! Please include the missile strike request in the support module.

I apologize for such an emotional response. I've been closing a lot of eyes in this game, but that's too much for me.
And the question to Oukej - I know that it is none of my business, but why the game is not:
1. Women? Trying to create a population in the city, and it turns like gay parade and not the population.
2. Traffic module? Even in the second part of the game he was and many people used it.
3. Warfare Module? This was the most interesting mode of the game.

I apologize for the bad English (Google Translator is all to blame).
Whatever the disadvantages, Arma is my favorite and only game:)

• Haha 1

After such a long time it's amazing that we get any updates at all... Unfortunately, RV has reached its limits, plain and simple. The RV engine had no cruise missiles before, and this is simply the only way to make them work. At this point, there's no time or budget for deep changes an artillery missile of that type would require. I agree, traffic module is a loss, as is warfare module, but most players weren't big on the latter and it seems the former had performance issues. The best thing we can do is hope ArmA4 gets those things right. Including female characters (it's a lot of work, sure, but come on, BI).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dragon01 said:

After such a long time it's amazing that we get any updates at all... Unfortunately, RV has reached its limits, plain and simple. The RV engine had no cruise missiles before, and this is simply the only way to make them work. At this point, there's no time or budget for deep changes an artillery missile of that type would require. I agree, traffic module is a loss, as is warfare module, but most players weren't big on the latter and it seems the former had performance issues. The best thing we can do is hope ArmA4 gets those things right. Including female characters (it's a lot of work, sure, but come on, BI).

If you don't have a proper engine, simply stick to 1985 weaponary as in OFP.

But wait! We had cruise missile even back in 1985, right?

Then don't  add Überwaffen! The current fashion to add  current and future weapons that cannot be proper simulated by RV and even other game dev engines really sucks.

My fav CTIs end up that peps trying to get as soon as possible jets with huge bombs/nukes/arty and then the wankin when it strikes. Booooooring!

F§&$% off vessels / VLS / UAVs .... stick to old school rifle/AT/some tanks, make it perfect and we have a game.

Nobody needs all this half-working crap that was added in the last 2 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

As a result, thank you for the free DLC. The destroyer really did not suffice, radar and all new things tricks very cool - thank you. You are the best BI and B01! But please don't make a future like 2075 or 3000! And of course no Zeus will replace the Warfare mode. The game has everything that was missing before and it has become very cool, but the feeling that it is underdone haunts me and not only me. I'm already cool and trying to fix the code for new missiles to shoot them without the UAV terminal!)))) That's why I love arma)))

I think the destroyer is pretty great. Even if VLS isn't perfect, the artillery gun works, boat racks work, the helipad works and you can make missions that involve fighting in corridors. Also, if you really want the VLS, it should be possible to make it attack scripted targets using triggers and script commands. I'm busy with other things right now, but definitely want to try to set this up someday. 

Remember, ArmA was never designed to deal with large ships and had never implemented then in a truly satisfactory way. What we have now is better than what we had in ArmA2, where ships were just scenery (and except for the LHD, rather low-detail scenery), with the only missile launches being completely scripted. 

5 hours ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

That is because somehow the missile camera doesn't work with the UAV AI and controlling it via UAV Terminal.

I hope that can be fixed.

Sadly no, we're sorry. The feed panels have been removed from the UCAV Sentinel and the VLS (should be on dev branch soon).

2 hours ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

Nobody needs all this half-working crap that was added in the last 2 years.

I will not take that opinion from you :) Yet we've - B01 and us - tried to answer requests of our players. Like we did in most if not all previous updates. The requests we're still able to fulfill at this point, with A3 technology as it is. Long range anti-air, smaller vessel to accompany the carrier, with interiors, ...
Moreover a lot of effort is simply a labor of love that goes way beyond initially planned work. And comes for free. Arma is also a platform - as a platform it needs a variety of building blocks. And we believe that in some cases it's better to release a rough building block (or a working example) rather than keep it in a drawer. Out there it can inspire someone, someone can use it as a foundation for his or her own jewel and do something extraordinary. Perhaps someone might have been missing exactly that one building block.

1 hour ago, D_Donskoy said:

I'm already cool and trying to fix the code for new missiles to shoot them without the UAV terminal!)))) That's why I love arma)))

Awesome! That's why we love Arma too, why we love our community and why so many of us come from the community too or feel as a part of it.
Feel free to share your solution with us!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

first of all: great work on the encore dlc. much appreciated!!!

the UAVs seem to be bugged a little bit though. the darter UAV sometimes keeps spinning and therefore moves super slowly only.

the fixed wing UAV also behave weirdly in that they do very harsch changes in altitude and can't really hold the altitide, which makes aiming and even observation very difficult.

i tried forcing "this flyinheightASL ..." in the init, but the UAVs would still show this behaviour of rapidly changing altutude.

tested on stable branch with darter uav, greyhawk uav and the apex stealth uav.

18 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Also, if you really want the VLS, it should be possible to make it attack scripted targets using triggers and script commands. I'm busy with other things right now, but definitely want to try to set this up someday. 

simple solution i found:

create a target that doesn't interfere with the surroundings; i used a game logic i placed in the editor for my test.

place a VLS 

run this:

west ReportRemoteTarget [TARGET, 3600];

TARGET confirmSensorTarget [west, true];

VLS fireAtTarget [TARGET, "weapon_vls_01"];

i tested this in the editor, and it worked fine for me.

i think the report can't be decreased to times smaller than the missiles traveling time, as the lock would break.

i think that people who can actually write scrips could make something out of this. eg. placing the target when you click on the map, and the firing from the action menu.

or moving the target to some players laser position, so there can me made some adjustments.

i guess the clever people here will find a good solution.

• Like 7

I think it could be put on a trigger (Radio Alpha etc). Placing/spawning the gamelogic at the place where the player is looking should be straightforward, as well. In fact, I was planning to set it up just like this when I feel like messing with EDEN. For pre-scripted launches (for example, bombarding an airbase before infantry occupies it), pre-placed targets and a FOR loop would probably be best, although I'm not sure how to iterate over target names (there's probably a way, but I'm a beginner when it comes to ArmA scripting).