how i think it should work that the rocket still goes boom and kills me and not goes through the crate

It seems like the Supply box is missing a fire geometry.

I wan't to point at a big problem that came with the revisited "fuel" consumption of all vehicles with 1.82

The SDV became barely usable with that change, it's range is only 3km at 14km/h even less at 18km/h. thats means it only features a battery capacity for 10 minutes...that make it a one way only, disposable unit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In support of Beagles post i have had a look into the current Mk8 Mod 1 SDV used today and what information there is on this. The only non classified information available is that it can do 21mph and it can be operated at extended periods of up to 12 hours. This should give it a real life range of approximately 252 miles. 

I understand this is a game and this would be unfeasible. So if you decrease this by a 1/4 to instill some type of game play aspect you still have 4 hours of operation at 21mph ending with a total range of 84 miles.

Reference for SDV Details.

Military Factory

Defence Media Network

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Beagle said:

I wan't to point at a big problem that came with the revisited "fuel" consumption of all vehicles with 1.82

The SDV became barely usable with that change, it's range is only 3km at 14km/h even less at 18km/h. thats means it only features a battery capacity for 10 minutes...that make it a one way only, disposable unit.

Also, both the uw and surface speed of the SDV could need a 5-10 km/h speed increase.

In a multitarget mission its just mostly faster to dive or run ro the next objective than to use the SDV.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Beagle said:

Just checked it, the operational time is around 3 minutes at maximum speed.

This makes me worried about checking other vehicles.

Where was this change mentioned/documented?

Another unneeded change?

Here's the function:

GOM_fnc_calcVehOperationTime = {

params ["_veh"];

_vehType = typeOf _veh;
	_rpm = _veh getSoundController "rpm";
	_fuelConsumptionStats = _veh getVariable ["GOM_fnc_fuelConsumptionStats",[]];
	if (_fuelConsumptionStats isEqualTo []) then {
	_fuelCapacity = getNumber (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _vehType >> "fuelCapacity");
	_fuelConsumptionRate = getNumber (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _vehType >> "fuelConsumptionRate");
	_idleRPM = getNumber (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _vehType >> "idleRpm");
	_redRPM = getNumber (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _vehType >> "redRpm");
	_veh setVariable ["GOM_fnc_fuelConsumptionStats",[_fuelCapacity,_fuelConsumptionRate,_idleRPM,_redRPM]];
	_fuelConsumptionStats = _veh getVariable ["GOM_fnc_fuelConsumptionStats",[]];

};
	_fuelConsumptionStats params ["_fuelCapacity","_fuelConsumptionRate","_idleRPM","_redRPM"];
	_currentTime = (fuel _veh * _fuelCapacity) / (8E-7 * _rpm + 0.001);
	_idleTime = _fuelCapacity / (8E-7 * _idleRPM + 0.001);
	_maxRpmTime = _fuelCapacity / (8E-7 * _redRPM + 0.001);
	[_currentTime,_idleTime,_maxRpmTime];

};

onEachFrame {
	_times = [vehicle player] call GOM_fnc_calcVehOperationTime;
	_times params ["_currentTime","_idleTime","_maxRpmTime"];

hintsilent format ["Fuel Time:\nCurrent: %1\nIdleRpm: %2\nMaxRpm: %3",[_currentTime/3600] call BIS_fnc_timeToString,[_idleTime/3600] call BIS_fnc_timeToString,[_maxRpmTime/3600] call BIS_fnc_timeToString]

};

Just execute this in the debug console, hop into a vehicle and watch the timers.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The new AA introduced on DEV branch are not working correctly.

Radar sees enemy targets at 16k - yes. Radar determines what the target is therefore can identify its side - yes.

The AI inside the launcher however does not engage these targets until they fly by and it can physically see them.

So while in theory using the UAV terminal I can do a 16k AA shot, the AI inside the launcher does not engage until the enemy aircraft is within visible range of less than 1km.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, jone_kone said:

Also, both the uw and surface speed of the SDV could need a 5-10 km/h speed increase.

In a multitarget mission its just mostly faster to dive or run ro the next objective than to use the SDV.

In fact the speeds should be reversed. Currently it's 24km/h surfaced, and 18km/h submerged. This makes no sense since the whole design of a SDV is optimised for submerged operation. The propeller is not even fully "wet" driving on the surface.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Ivanoff.N said:

Radar sees enemy targets at 16k - yes. Radar determines what the target is therefore can identify its side - yes.

The AI inside the launcher however does not engage these targets until they fly by and it can physically see them.

So while in theory using the UAV terminal I can do a 16k AA shot, the AI inside the launcher does not engage until the enemy aircraft is within visible range of less than 1km.

Exactly what I am getting.

Radar unit with radar set to forced active, knowsabout value of target is 4.

listRemoteTargets array is holding the target.

Yet for some reason any vehicle on the map with radar to deactivated and "receive remote targets" set to active does not know about the target.

Something went wrong I guess since this was working fine just one month ago.

Cheers

• Like 2

With the addition of new Navy Assets and (finally) enterable ships, the current state of the SDV is really staring to bother me.

I started to focus on the asset and more issues came up.

Not only is there the speed and range issue, there are also issues with control in general.

The front planes do not react in the same way, might be only cosmetical, but the planes do not work at all.

You can assign nose down and nose up but that control has no effect.

In the current state (1.84RC2) the SDV is not functional.

This is in so far dissapointing since the addition of the navy Units and the boat rack finallyspotted some light on the smal naval units in ArmA III.

• Like 3

Few thoughts and feedbacks.

JgcGkZa.jpg

-There's no reverbs when I shoot on this part of Liberty.

QeOr2xg.jpg2YSArm4.jpg

ZK95QYo.jpg

-Sometimes there is/are ghost part(s) that don't have the collision when I hide all the parts of Liberty/Freedom using hideObject and getVariable "bis_carrierparts".

-Since Liberty can change the name, the displayName “USS Liberty” is a little bit odd for me. How about changing them to “Destroyer Liberty Class” or something?

-It's welcome if we get a function to place the weapons on Liberty/Freedom automatically.

-Snap to Surface, Orient to Terrain Normal, Orient to Sea Normal didn't work properly for Liberty/Freedom.

• Like 7

On 7/16/2018 at 9:33 AM, Ivanoff.N said:

Have you tried testing against a stationary long range target? Maybe things have changed, but when I tested the AA would engage BVR targets, it just took a while (something like 2-3 minutes). That engagement time should definitely be improved, though.

2 hours ago, POLPOX said:

-It's welcome if we get a function to place the weapons on Liberty/Freedom automatically.

You can save weapon loadouts as custom compositions, it works well if you disable snapping. Would be good if some were included by default, though.

• Like 3

On 7/16/2018 at 1:36 AM, Beagle said:

This will break exsisting missions.

Edited by bumgie
Missquote

1 hour ago, bumgie said:

These will break exsisting missions.

Worth it imo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 7/16/2018 at 9:33 PM, Ivanoff.N said:

The problem seems to stem from the way the data link and sensors share info. 

** The target type on Sensor display allowed us to remove the name tag from mark and lock symbols in 3D. Together with it - and this has a major gameplay impact - is gone the automatic red coloring of enemies.

Enemy confirmation - you've probably noticed the enemy symbology. That's for confirmed enemies only. What's that? We plan to add scripts that you could utilize to have entities confirmed as enemies by any way you find useful.

Target Recognition - currently the sensor recognizes the target almost immediately. We had ideas about delays or variable recognition distances based on the sensor.

This is from the Sensor and Weapons thread. What im finding is the vehicle sharing the data needs to basically come under fire from the target before it sends the targets side info via data link. I couldnt find the script commands to confirm the enemy on the tactical display, so i tried, this addRating -10000, on an enemy plane and all of a sudden it shows red on the tactical display at the maximum range and then the SAM sites started to engage when the plane came into range. Problem with this obviously is that everyone will attack everyone else on the same side. I believe this is why its taking so long for SAMs to engage. There is a config entry to identify at what range targets are identified, but that seems to only id the type of plane/vehicle not the side of it.  Hopefully they figure out a way to solve this. Maybe a new config setting is needed to set at what range a sensor identifies target's side, and reporting it on the tactical display as an enemy once confirmed.

• Like 1

Tweaked: Improved inheritance of default environment spatial sounds

Oh boy.

Anyone has more details on this? I'm very very curious.

• Like 2

Maybe if there was some sort of Identify Friend or Foe (IFF) interrogation. The way I envision it working is "vehicle/sensor/weapon" has IFF True/False and would simply broadcast the side of the vehicle or allow that information to be received.

If false then the weapon acquisition systems work more or less as they do now, however friendlies with IFF capable weapons can now lock onto you inadvertently. (For example the civilian Cesna and MD-500 wouldn't have IFF)

If true, then friendly weapons that have IFF cannot lock on to you (Friendly weapons that do not have IFF capability can lock onto friendly vehicles with IFF) and enemy sensors/weapons with IFF immediately identify you as friend or foe within their detection range and engages and act in an appropriate manner. If a radar has IFF and data-link it also transmits the IFF status of any contact, even if the receiving unit does not have IFF capability.

I think this would be the best way to solve the issue of supposedly BVR systems not engaging "unknown" units it can see.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, joostsidy said:

Worth it imo.

I made a missquote earlier. I fixed it now.

• Like 1

"Tweaked: AK-12 hand animations were improved "

the horrible finger on GL?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, b00ce said:

I think this would be the best way to solve the issue of supposedly BVR systems not engaging "unknown" units it can see.

I had hoped some sort of basic IFF functionality would have been implemented with/after Jets, so i do think this is a good idea. Of course, IFF shouldn't work for ground vehicles.

On the other hand, i think incoming radar signals should be identified automatically, since a Shikra and a Black Wasp wouldn't share the same radar emitter, nor would say a Cheetah and a Rhea.

Anyway, the vehicle type is identified automatically, so if you know that much then i think the side is easy to guess. Of course, it would lead to NATO units inside CSAT aircraft being identified as CSAT... which is probably not a bad thing :P

But yeah it's a weird situation at present. Players know who they're fighting so IFF isn't a big deal if the vehicle name is displayed. The AI doesn't seem to do much with this information. If an IFF system is present, then maybe only the type (tank, apc, truck, car, etc) of the vehicle should be displayed, if at all?

Can you look at this ticket? This problem irritates. If to give to crew a traveling point, at AI of the driver, this traveling point remains active (or to any last traveling point). AI the driver in any situation will aspire to this traveling point. It occurs every time when you have executed a role of the car driver of the car and you change to the place of the commander or shooter.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127626

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SuicideKing said:

I had hoped some sort of basic IFF functionality would have been implemented with/after Jets, so i do think this is a good idea. Of course, IFF shouldn't work for ground vehicles.

On the other hand, i think incoming radar signals should be identified automatically, since a Shikra and a Black Wasp wouldn't share the same radar emitter, nor would say a Cheetah and a Rhea.

Anyway, the vehicle type is identified automatically, so if you know that much then i think the side is easy to guess. Of course, it would lead to NATO units inside CSAT aircraft being identified as CSAT... which is probably not a bad thing :P

But yeah it's a weird situation at present. Players know who they're fighting so IFF isn't a big deal if the vehicle name is displayed. The AI doesn't seem to do much with this information. If an IFF system is present, then maybe only the type (tank, apc, truck, car, etc) of the vehicle should be displayed, if at all?

Active IFF is becoming a thing of the past, particularly since not all IFF systems, even inside NATO, are compatible. Modern Aircraft and SAM Radars use a programmed database and high frequenzy Radar modes for automatic radar target recognition (ARTR). The returns are compared with the database which is all the time updated with every system update That is why all those contacts with russian Aircraft over the Baltic Sea and Bering Strait are so precious.... every side collects data in such encounters.

1 hour ago, SuicideKing said:

In what sense shouldn't it work for vehicles? Radar equipped vehicles should be able to use IFF and I seem to remember that some ground vehicles were fitted with IFF transponders following a number of blue on blue incidents by US aircraft against US and allied ground forces?

The feature, assuming it was implemented shouldn't be limited to a type of vehicle (air) but to anything which has an IFF transponder per it's config.

8 hours ago, SuicideKing said:

Something as small as a Stinger has an IFF interrogator. And it isn't unreasonable to say that its at the very least POSSIBLE to mount some sort of IFF to anything.