I've noticed that boats in boat racks that were saved as custom compositions sometimes spawn in reverse when using the composition in the editor, causing them to explode at the start of the mission unless turned around again.

Apart from that, one way to change the loadout in the mission would be really nice, because it would really make a lot easier, but now that the development focus is on other projects, we probably have little hope of getting such a thing and we probably have to rely on external scripts. It seems a bit like a missed opportunity for BIS.

I think it's just too bad that we can only put throwers in the second slot and not, for example, a sniper rifle (which would be realistic). Mods that allow something like that work only very limited, because they have problems with the attachments. :(

As for the hangar on the destroyer, I could imagine that we might get a function like the catapults on the aircraft carrier (hold space to move the helicopter to the landing deck and vice versa) and I still have the hope that one of the Doors that are locked so far will lead to the upper deck in the future. It is certainly possible to update the corresponding segments. :O

Edited by Lbbde
typo
  • Like 2

Eeer guys, is something wrong with commands and vehicle crews currently?

I was playing in a chopper, and noticed I can't order my copilot to open fire - no matter what key I assign to the "Fire Command". My character always says "cease fire"...

I'm sure I'm missing something dumb with my key binds, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

EDIT : Solved... I forgot I had to lock a target first. :face_palm:

There is this bug that has been around for a year which I'm hoping shouldn't be difficult or time consuming to fix:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125949

When in the "high prone" stance (otherwise known as sitting stance), when you move either left (A), right (D), or backwards (S), your avatar immediately resorts back to regular prone stance after releasing those movement keys. It can be very frustrating anytime you are trying to slightly adjust your position while remaining in the high prone stance.

Added: New (get)CalculatePlayerVisibilityByFriendly script commands 

is the purpose CPU reduction or for gameplay system?

Also Green/Tropic camo for the new NATO AA/Radar assets, and Jungle hex for the new CSAT AA/Radar assets ... would be good :)

The CSAT radar and launch platform have jungle skins, you just have to change them via the vehicle editor. NATO does not have the option, however.

The new Boat Rack ( Land_Destroyer_01_Boat_Rack_01_F ) seems unable to recover Speedboat HMG vessels. Only boat i could fit on it was the assault boat

I've recovered the civilian speedboat with it as well.  And I think I also did the RHIB.

1 hour ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

The new Boat Rack ( Land_Destroyer_01_Boat_Rack_01_F ) seems unable to recover Speedboat HMG vessels. Only boat i could fit on it was the assault boat

Make sure you're recovering from the side (ie. point the rack parallel to the water). For some reason, you can launch from the front/back but you can't recover.

Boat size isn't an issue, the rack can fit some pretty silly vehicles like IFVs.

Can we please get the new CSAT SAM the S750 Rhea be able to turn it's turret 360 degrees please? Like the NATO one? Especially since you can not move them the fact that they have a 120 degree angle where they can not engage anything is quite annoying.

Speaking of engaging stuff. The AI seems not to fire the new SAM missiles until it spotted the target for like 2 minutes or so... Probably a problem with the friend foe identification?

1 hour ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Can we please get the new CSAT SAM the S750 Rhea be able to turn it's turret 360 degrees please? Like the NATO one? Especially since you can not move them the fact that they have a 120 degree angle where they can not engage anything is quite annoying.

Speaking of engaging stuff. The AI seems not to fire the new SAM missiles until it spotted the target for like 2 minutes or so... Probably a problem with the friend foe identification?

i think it is waiting until the side of the target is confirmed hostile

6 hours ago, Pinkie1997 said:

i think it is waiting until the side of the target is confirmed hostile

Did some testing. For some reason both new SAM systems seem to wait about 120 seconds before starting to lock onto the target and fire.

The Centurion on the other hand takes only about 90 seconds (same target, same radar spotting it, same position)...

Following tests are with R750 radar and S750 Rhea SAM: Target is a Blackfish at about 8km.

With an actual rifleman (skill 50) as crew instead of the UAV AI the new SAM starts to fire at the target after about 90 to 100 seconds.

With a rifleman (skill 100) in the SAM and the AI radar the SAM starts following the target after about 45 seconds but only fires after about 90.

With rifleman (skill 100) in both radar and SAM and grouped together the SAM starts to fire at about 40 seconds. Best results so far...

Repeated the test with 12km range. Took the Rifleman (100) combo about 60 seconds and the UAV combo about 190 seconds...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Did some testing. For some reason both new SAM systems seem to wait about 120 seconds before starting to lock onto the target and fire.

The Centurion on the other hand takes only about 90 seconds (same target, same radar spotting it, same position)...

Following tests are with R750 radar and S750 Rhea SAM: Target is a Blackfish at about 8km.

With an actual rifleman (skill 50) as crew instead of the UAV AI the new SAM starts to fire at the target after about 90 to 100 seconds.

With a rifleman (skill 100) in the SAM and the AI radar the SAM starts following the target after about 45 seconds but only fires after about 90.

With rifleman (skill 100) in both radar and SAM and grouped together the SAM starts to fire at about 40 seconds. Best results so far...

Repeated the test with 12km range. Took the Rifleman (100) combo about 60 seconds and the UAV combo about 190 seconds...

Funny enough, the example in the video below does no longer work on current devbranch, might be related:

There's a Cheetah stationed on the southern part of the map, on top of a hill, radar active, sending via data link.

The SAM sitting on the northern part of the map, 10km away from the target chopper.

Somehow the remote targets got messed up, the SAM system never receives target information, despite the chopper being listed using listRemoteTargets west and the Cheetah having a target knowledge of 4.

Nothing happens, not even after 2 minutes have passed.

Cheers

Seems like the new function BIS_fnc_3DENExportSQF has a problem with custom attribute conditions.

https://imgur.com/a/I1WRpTj

VO2OjfL.png

Other than that it's nice to see someone working on Eden again.

A bit more feedback:

Helicopters seem to crash the moment they are created.

Time, Date and Weather are not copied. Would be nice to have that as an optional parameter

Additionally, having a parameter to delete all units and objects before creating a new mission would be nice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R3vo said:

Seems like the new function BIS_fnc_3DENExportSQF has a problem with custom attribute conditions.

https://imgur.com/a/I1WRpTj

VO2OjfL.png

Other than that it's nice to see someone working on Eden again.

A bit more feedback:

Helicopters seem to crash the moment they are created.

Time, Date and Weather are not copied. Would be nice to have that as an optional parameter

Additionally, having a parameter to delete all units and objects before creating a new mission would be nice.

just use new in the top Right and select the same map, boom all gone

@morickyWould it be possible to fix the scroll height of display3denCopy? Scrolling is possible but the scrollbar only supports a certain length of text, that's kinda confusing.

On 7/6/2018 at 8:24 AM, Night515 said:

So what are the scenario optimizations coming in the next main branch update? Are these just bug fixes and simple optimizations, or is it updating said scenarios with things such as the new assets, Apex subtitles, and the Tac Ops intros (for campaigns) for example?

AFeG26dAhUI.jpg

• Like 4

Just wanted to say thanks for that lovely ship! My carrier doesnt have to feel forever alone now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2018 at 5:20 AM, kamkill said:

There is a small invisible "wall" on one of the USS Liberty's door (the other doors seems fine) when you shoot.

https://youtu.be/SwmkDbbUArw

Well spotted, I will look into this.

• Like 1

@oukej can you look at increasing the maximum locking range? Currently nothing will lock over 16km even if the weapon system is configured  for further range. Is there a way to remove the restriction with the AI not firing over terrain with indirect weapons?