Could we get an official EDEN tutorial for using certain functions Jets DLC ships in a mission? In particular, carrier catapult launches for AI (on a trigger), AI boat launch/recovery, basically anything that involves new functions. It would really help the usage of those assets in SP missions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, M. Glade said:

I think thats the correct format according to the photo, I'm not sure if that forward painted box is intended to store turrets. @nodunit Should know, I think. 

It's not, as can be seen here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arleigh_Burke-class_destroyer#/media/File:US_Navy_070111-N-4515N-509_Guided_missile_destroyer_USS_Forest_Sherman_(DDG_98)_test_fires_its_five-inch_gun_on_the_bow_of_the_ship_during_training.jpg

It's for dropping cargo as explained here:

https://www.quora.com/What-does-the-white-square-marking-on-the-deck-of-this-Arleigh-Burke-class-Destroyer-mean

• Like 4

@oukej Is it intended that the deployed smoke screen of vehicles does not prevent locking of IR weapons and does not break IR locks? Right now only the deployment progress has a low chance of breaking the lock. The smoke itself once its deployed does nothing to stop missiles.

Engine limitation? I know this is hasnt changed for quite some time, but it was on my mind. 

Also I would still wish for a script command to attach radar to a building, but i guess there is no space for that in the LTS

• Like 1

It should prevent and break locks, but it won't stop a missile which was already locked from continuing to where it last saw the target. If you don't move after deploying the smoke you can't expect the missile to suddenly decide to fly off in a random direction, it's going to keep coming.

11 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Any ideas/suggestions or other unmarked weapon placement spots I missed?

With the Freedom I would just use (or not use) what i wanted for the mission, I'm probably going to do the same with the destroyer. 

3 hours ago, Yoshi_E said:

Right now only the deployment progress has a low chance of breaking the lock

57 minutes ago, GBee2 said:

It should prevent and break locks, but it won't stop a missile which was already locked from continuing to where it last saw the target. If you don't move after deploying the smoke you can't expect the missile to suddenly decide to fly off in a random direction, it's going to keep coming.

As far as I'm aware, smoke works like countermeasures do*. So the missile will indeed lose lock and sometimes fly off in a random direction (at least, that's what I've seen happen). This is intended, due to #enginelimitations. I do wonder whether the vehicle's concealment w.r.t. sensors couldn't be increased during this time, but it would have to be directional, which is where i think the main problem lies.

*of course, once deployed smoke will prevent AI and vehicles from visually seeing you, but sensors remain unaffected.

10 hours ago, SuicideKing said:

of course, once deployed smoke will prevent AI and vehicles from visually seeing you, but sensors remain unaffected.

Some sensors like IR sensors have a value related to see through fog or smoke. I'm not sure how it is exactly called. Have to look that up.

@nodunit

Is there any possibility or intention for an interface that would allow us to access the pylon settings from within the game, without resorting to scripting? Maybe ammo trucks or weapons trolleys?

• Like 1

I'm only just now noticing it, but has the "rusted" version of the Czech Hedgehog introduced with the Malden DLC disappeared from the object list in Eden/Zeus? Searching for it only brings up the pristine version introduced with the Tanks DLC.

22 minutes ago, GuyWithaJeep said:

I'm only just now noticing it, but has the "rusted" version of the Czech Hedgehog introduced with the Malden DLC disappeared from the object list in Eden/Zeus? Searching for it only brings up the pristine version introduced with the Tanks DLC.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127865

Already reported and Devs says it is intended. Easy to create a fix this problem MOD though.

For anyone interested, here's my way to attachTo USS Liberty.

if (!isServer) exitWith {} ;
params [
	["_obj",player,[objNull]],
	["_posCoef",[0,0,0],[[]]],
	["_turrets",[],[[],true]],
	["_disableAirport",true,[true]]
] ;

if (typeName _turrets == "ARRAY") then {
	_turrets resize 3 ;
	{
		if (isNil {_x} or {typeName _x != "STRING"}) then {
			_turrets set [_forEachIndex,call {
				if (_forEachIndex in [2]) exitWith {"B_SAM_System_01_F"} ;
				if (_forEachIndex in [0,1]) exitWith {"B_AAA_System_01_F"} ;
			}] ;
		} ;
	} forEach _turrets ;

_turrets = ["B_Ship_Gun_01_F","B_Ship_MRLS_01_F"] + _turrets ;

_turretsData = [
		[[0,79.6,12.7],[0,0,0],180],
		[[0,62.5,10.0],[0,0,0],0],
		[[0,47.3,14.86],[0,0.7,0],180],
		[[0,-35.3,19.003],[0,-0.7,0],0],
		[[0,-50.6,15.55],[0,-0.6,0],0]
	] ;
	{
		_x params ["_pos","_posAAA","_dir"] ;
		_class = _turrets select _forEachIndex ;
		_heightCoef = call {
			if (_class == "B_AAA_System_01_F") exitWith {0.73} ;
			if (_class == "B_SAM_System_02_F") exitWith {0.2} ;
		} ;
		_turret = createVehicle [_class,[0,0,0],[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"] ;
		_turret attachTo [_obj,_pos vectorAdd [0,0,_heightCoef] vectorAdd ([[0,0,0],_posAAA] select (_class == "B_AAA_System_01_F")) vectorAdd _posCoef] ;
		_turret setDir _dir+180 ;
		createVehicleCrew _turret ;
	} forEach _turretsData ;
} ;

_base = createSimpleObject ["Land_Destroyer_01_base_F",[0,0,0]] ;
_data = (getArray (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "Land_Destroyer_01_base_F" >> "multiStructureParts")) apply {
	_pos = _base selectionPosition (_x select 1) ;
	[
		_x select 0,
		[
			-(_pos select 0),
			-(_pos select 1),
			(_pos select 2) - 2
		]
	]
};

{
	_x params ["_class","_pos"] ;
	if (!_disableAirport or _class != "Land_HelipadEmpty_F") then {
		_part = createVehicle [_class,[0,0,0],[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"] ;
		_part attachTo [_obj,_pos vectorAdd _posCoef] ;
		_part setDir 180 ;
	} ;
} forEach _data ;

deleteVehicle _base ;

[Object to attach, Position coef. in position array([0,0,0] if you skip), Defense systems in classNames(["B_AAA_System_01_F","B_AAA_System_01_F","B_SAM_System_01_F"] if you skip), Disable helipad(true if you skip)]

You can use, modify, re-upload a modded one as you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Anyone try attaching SDV under the Destroyer to make it pilotable? Remember people did it when the Submarine came out and everyone was playing around with it!

i Need to try that one, how would i attach it?

like using this; attachto or?

Is there an easy way to make the new radars be in some kind of searching mode in which they are constantly scanning 360° around them searching for targets?

For now I've come up with this less than ideal solution:

Spoiler

(Shared under APL)

radarTriggerActivation = {
	radar doWatch (getpos (_this select 0));
};
radarTriggerDeActivation = {
	_array = (radar weaponDirection currentWeapon radar); 
	directionToWatch = (_array select 0) atan2 (_array select 1); 
	while {!triggerActivated radarTrigger} do {

directionToWatch = directionToWatch + 90;
		if (directionToWatch >= 360) then {
			directionToWatch = 0;
		};
		radar doWatch ((getPos radar) getPos [1000, directionToWatch]);
		sleep 2.05;
	};
};

[]spawn radarTriggerDeActivation;
radarTrigger = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos radar, false];
radarTrigger setTriggerArea [8000, 8000, 0, false];
radarTrigger setTriggerActivation ["EAST", "WEST D", true];
radarTrigger setTriggerStatements ["this", "thisList spawn radarTriggerActivation;", "[]spawn radarTriggerDeActivation;"];

It makes one radar do 360° turns as long as no enemy has been detected within an 8K radius. When an enemy has been detected it moves into 'tracking mode'. Once that enemy is no longer detected it'll move back to 'search mode'. Obviously still needs a lot of tweaking before it could be used in any kind of real mission.  

Or is there already a better way to do this that I don't know about?

On 2/7/2018 at 6:53 PM, POLPOX said:

You can use, modify, re-upload a modded one as you want.

Thanks POLPOX !

On 7/1/2018 at 10:29 AM, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Some sensors like IR sensors have a value related to see through fog or smoke. I'm not sure how it is exactly called. Have to look that up.

this https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Sensors_config_reference#maxFogSeeThrough ? seems only to be about fog...

it's also worth noting that when looking through thermal optics, objects hidden behind smoke can't be seen iirc.

that would be so amazing if they were attachable to eachother and then moveable @Demon2270

not just useable better in pvp, also pve

• Like 2

Truck and trailer was possible with old ArmA II (Real Virtuality 3) engine and proven MP usable in "Iron Front 1944", another  RV3 game.

But I guess it became more complicated with the more advanced vehicle physics in RV4.

• Like 1

i think it wont work with the current arma 3 engine,  they would have to add it as a hmmt vehicle

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

Truck and trailer was possible with old ArmA II (Real Virtuality 3) engine and proven MP usable in "Iron Front 1944", another  RV3 game.

But I guess it became more complicated with the more advanced vehicle physics in RV4.

Uh, wasn't it lagging like crazy in Iron Front? I never played it in multiplayer, but in singleplayer, even in empty maps, I had the cannons flip, flicker and lag like hell while moving. Yes it worked, but no it didn't look good at all.

4 hours ago, lexx said:

Uh, wasn't it lagging like crazy in Iron Front? I never played it in multiplayer, but in singleplayer, even in empty maps, I had the cannons flip, flicker and lag like hell while moving. Yes it worked, but no it didn't look good at all.

It was. Saying "it was possible" is exaggerated. IIRC, Iron Front merely used a setpos/setDir loop.

Making draggable vehicles is IMO impossible since they cannot have any form of neutral gear. If there is no driver in, they will never slide down a hillside because you forgot to pull the parking brake since there is none.

I wouldn't expect it to happen in this game anymore either.

On 7/1/2018 at 6:41 PM, AegisWolf said:

@nodunit

Is there any possibility or intention for an interface that would allow us to access the pylon settings from within the game, without resorting to scripting? Maybe ammo trucks or weapons trolleys?

I do not anticipate any changes going forward.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

So what are the scenario optimizations coming in the next main branch update? Are these just bug fixes and simple optimizations, or is it updating said scenarios with things such as the new assets, Apex subtitles, and the Tac Ops intros (for campaigns) for example?

• Like 3

https://imgur.com/a/dpOy0un

@B01 Could you please check the function categories and headers? Some of them have quite a few typos in them.

Edited by R3vo
Replaced picture with link (Thanks to Dedmen)
  • Haha 4