Can the VLS missiles follow the terrain a la TLAM?

1 hour ago, TheMasterofBlubb said:

@nodunit about the S400 similarity: it could be solved by the flight mechanic of the titan top attack. Fly straight for say 50m and then start homing.

This +1. It wouldnt be just estetics. By getting the missile above groundclutter and treetops it should have better chances to score a kill. 

When testing I had a few instances where the missile was launced almost horizontally and flew only 50 m before crashing into a small hill.

If not possible to lock them 90 degrees upright. Then maybe a minimum elevation when active? 30-45 degrees maybe?

• Like 1

Made a quick teaser for the destroyer, such a lovely vehicle deserves a bit of praise, heh.

Enjoy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

that is really awesome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Made a quick teaser for the destroyer, such a lovely vehicle deserves a bit of praise, heh.

Enjoy

A taste of Battleship movie.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pinkie1997 said:

probably because most Choppers dont posses an active radar

Depends on the chopper, besides I can see the circle even if the plane's radar is off.

22 hours ago, oukej said:

We are aware about this bug. Thin components (either thin modeled or with defined thickness in material) that are next to each other or with only a small space between them (<10cm) can be skipped during the penetration.
In this case the bag gets registered during the penetration but the next component - armor - doesn't.

Is this going to get fixed? It seems that this might be a bug I have encountered with the T-90 model - under certain circumstances components are ignored.

4 hours ago, beaar said:

Can the VLS missiles follow the terrain a la TLAM?

No it can't as it uses the same 230mm rockets that the mlrs uses and they are actually configured as a shell not a missile, i guess this was done so that it could hook into the artillery computer as i believe that missiles dont play well(if at all) with the the arty computer. Tis a bit of a shame as i was kind of hoping that, with the cruise mode flight profile, we might get something that would use it.  

SAM sites, as people have been saying, need to have a min elevation as i've found AI like to aim almost horizontally (depending on where the target is) causing missiles to hit the ground just after launch.

• Like 1

So, on the USS liberty - i had in mind to create a "paradrop" mission (have units drop onto it).

However, I discovered that the rear upper deck is not accessible in any way (except through dropping), thus - units that land there cannot leave the area.. kinda a bummer.
Would like to have that part changed so it can be reached.

• Like 2

Could it be that the hangar gates are a little bit too narrow for a Ghost Hawk?

I've been trying to fly a ghost parked in the hangar to the landing deck, but the main rotor is being destroyed at the gates.   :{O

I will try to make a video of it later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lbbde said:

I've been trying to fly a ghost parked in the hangar to the landing deck, but the main rotor is being destroyed at the gates.   :{O

Experienced this issue too, sad you can't taxi the ghosthawk like you can with the UH-60 in real life, with wheels.

7 minutes ago, M. Glade said:

Experienced this issue too, sad you can't taxi the ghosthawk like you can with the UH-60 in real life, with wheels.

I believe you can taxi helicopters with wheeled landing gear as long as you use advanced flight model. It is unfortunate that you can't taxi with standard flight model though...

9 minutes ago, M. Glade said:

Well you can with the Advanced Flight model IIRC, just not the regular flight model.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lbbde said:

Yes, we really need something similar to the boat rack but for the Liberty hanger so we can get helicopters in, and out of the hanger. 

1 minute ago, stburr91 said:

Yes, we really need something similar to the boat rack but for the Liberty hanger so we can get helicopters in, and out of the hanger. 

I assume there'd be issues with rotors going into the sides of the hangar and then exploding everything, so it'd be probably limited to 1 helicopter which the hangar can fit 2 if rotors are folded. 

6 minutes ago, M. Glade said:

I assume there'd be issues with rotors going into the sides of the hangar and then exploding everything, so it'd be probably limited to 1 helicopter which the hangar can fit 2 if rotors are folded. 

Well, just like the boat rack, you can only put one boat in at a time, it would be the same with the hanger, only one heli in the hanger at a time.

Or the hanger could be similar to the vehicle in vehicle feature.   

I'm sure something could be figured out, it's just a matter of whether or not the developer would be willing to spend the time.   

What they should do is to add a rotor folding animation to the Ghosthawk and use it for the "transported animation" of the ghosthawk. 

Vehicle in Vehicle uses a bounding box for determine if a vehicle fits inside the cargo space. If this "box" is smaller because the rotors have been folded, two choppers would fit inside of the hangar....

For the same reasons... i would love to see PHYSx for Man Class....

I would seel one kidney to get that in Arma 3....

• Like 2

@nodunit

, i could not replicate this issue with the sandstorm mlrs or the new sams, the vls is the only one with that issue, i am trying to convert normal branch to devbranch, but steam is screwing up

edit: converted my usual arma to devbranch and the issue is still happening

• Thanks 1

I'm getting more and more curious about how these briefing room tables / screens and the HDTVs all aboard the destroyers are supposed to work. 

Or my imagination is bad. 

And is there any way to open/close/lock each of the doors on the carrier.

i think the briefing room and table are just textures and the screens on the xdestroyer Arent supposed to work

19 minutes ago, M. Glade said:

I'm getting more and more curious about how these briefing room tables / screens and the HDTVs all aboard the destroyers are supposed to work. 

17 minutes ago, Pinkie1997 said:

i think the briefing room and table are just textures and the screens on the xdestroyer Arent supposed to work

see:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Enjoy

Enjoyed very much, very well made and I appreciate the humor :)

13 hours ago, Lbbde said:

After some testing it appears there is something going on, this will be looked into.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, TheMasterofBlubb said:

@nodunit about the S400 similarity: it could be solved by the flight mechanic of the titan top attack. Fly straight for say 50m and then start homing.

Not sure this would work without the seeker head cone being increased enough to lock onto low flying or long range targets. Would have to test but this might also make the missile harder to evade 

• Like 1

On 27/6/2018 at 9:44 PM, nodunit said:

On 27/6/2018 at 2:24 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Absolutely a missed opportunity.

They even named it dynamic loadout.

Or was it

Reveal hidden contents

ycwYPhX.jpg

Hee hee.

:yay:

Curious if the ability of AI landing on the destroyer will be added to the carrier @nodunit?

Same for the name and number textures? Would be a neat addition.

Cheers

I cannot say for certain but I will relay your request.

It would be just a matter of modifying the config and adding a couple of invisible helipads in the desired positions. The most difficult part would be to determine the relative positions of the helipads from the placed carrier object.

• Like 1