4 minutes ago, nodunit said:

Not really, I've not seen this behavior during engagement with either AI set targets or myself as a UAV operator, would it be possible to capture this in a video and what is the rate of reliance that you see this occuring?

At first I thought its just random malfunction of (was it ever implemented?) the missiles but i'll try to recreate it. I reckon its just a splended camera bug but it definitely didn't explode or go to the correct trajectory. 

Also, is there any hiddenselections for the 4 dozen TVs in the destroyer? And what'd be the use for the briefing room screen and desk, like any dedicated area to put it. 

@nodunit, it would be very cool to implement a Vehicle in Vehicle function, where helis can land on the backdeck and can then be loaded into the destroyer

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 5:29 PM, oukej said:

Targeting, missiles and sensors are still a bit WIP ;)

Still valid :stuck:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Pinkie1997 said:

high and very high on everything

Strange.... would you please describe the scenario and situation in which this occuring, or better yet if possible create a small video clip to demonstrate? 

25 minutes ago, M. Glade said:

Also, is there any hiddenselections for the 4 dozen TVs in the destroyer? And what'd be the use for the briefing room screen and desk, like any dedicated area to put it. 

For the screens hanging from the ceiling, that may not be true for the desk and briefing screen however.

23 minutes ago, Pinkie1997 said:

@nodunit, it would be very cool to implement a Vehicle in Vehicle function, where helis can land on the backdeck and can then be loaded into the destroyer

That would be neat yes.   I'll ask but don't expect anything to come of it.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Pinkie1997 said:

Yes, I asked about this yesterday, I think it would be a nice addition.  

41 minutes ago, Pinkie1997 said:

@nodunit

here is that requested Video 

https://youtu.be/9Jx572SF7og

also, does the aaf not get arm Missiles?

and Flares seem useless against These sam missiles

Thank you very much, I'll check this versus the version I have and then make sure I'm using dev branch.  As for the other question I'll get back to you on that, I do not know for sure and do not wish to leave you with a speculative answer.

As for the flares, please keep in mind what oukej said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Pinkie1997 said:

sure, thank you :)

Are you by chance running any mods whatsoever?  I deleted my destroyer files and validated the steam files to reinstall them, just to be absolutely sure everything is vanilla however I am still seeing a smoke trail upon launch and a hint of black plume beyond that.

no mods, do not use the interface, just place the Thing in a random spot, and fire multiple Missiles in a row, after while like 4 Missiles it often happens

Just now, Pinkie1997 said:

@nodunit i can send a Video starting placing it, Maybe that helps

Any and every step being covered helps narrow out a potential cause so, yes please do.

Maybe it matters that i am using the method of basically having both branches installed? using the game updater tool

1 minute ago, Pinkie1997 said:

Maybe it matters that i am using the method of basically having both branches installed? using the game updater tool

It's certainly possible it could lead to a conflict somewhere, especially since thus far you are the only one who has mentioned this sort of behavior.

okay, i replicated it. the first time it worked all good, then i restarted my game and it started Happening again. recording coming in edit soon

edit: 

dont mind the blackscreen in the middle, that is me restarting the game

Edited by Pinkie1997
added video

3 hours ago, nodunit said:

Also someone earlier asked if it would be possible to make the anti radiation missiles home in on the destroyer, placing a MK49 Spartan upon it will as a defense will cause it to be targeted by the KH58 ARM.

My suggestion was specifically to give the destroyer (and carrier, too) some sort of "master radar" object that could be targeted by ARMs and killing which would effectively disable missile-based defenses on the ship unless datalink is available from somewhere else. Also, there's no good place to put a Spartan on the ship. There are two obvious CIWS mounts, and the one "danger" ring aft of the bridge is too large for a Spartan (looks good with a Centurion, though it's a bit big for that one, too). 

2 hours ago, Pinkie1997 said:

...Flares seem useless against These sam missiles

I literally just outmaneuvered a full 4 warhead salvo from a battery of 3 launchers and 3 radars (for 360 degree coverage) w. the Grippen.

Had to use some flares, but mostly did it by evasive turning and by using SW logic of "i'll try spinning, that's a good trick".

And I suck at flying so i'd say they are way too limp atm.

Just now, bars91 said:

I literally just outmaneuvered a full 4 warhead salvo from a battery of 3 launchers and 3 radars (for 360 degree coverage) w. the Grippen.

Had to use some flares, but mostly did it by evasive turning and by using SW logic of "i'll try spinning, that's a good trick".

And I suck at flying so i'd say they are way too limp atm.

it depends, sometimes i cannot evade them at all and other times i fly straight and Flare and im fine

Just now, Pinkie1997 said:

it depends, sometimes i cannot evade them at all and other times i fly straight and Flare and im fine

ikr - esp love when SAMs 180 into you after (by all RL logic) a legit spoof turn maneuver :dozingoff:

The problem with the SAM sites not engaging at long range is related to the AI not revealing the side of its target via the datalink straight away. The vehicle that detects the target reveals its a plane/helo or UAV via datalink but until it knows that its an enemy it will not share the side of the target. Before the sensor update the AI could detect if a long range target was friend or foe, but now they need some sort of confirmation either some other sensor or they themselves are attacked by the target. There is a script command to reveal the target via datalink, but with the introduction of longer ranged SAM maybe a new solution needs to be found. Increasing the visual detection range is one solution for the sam site but then anything in its range would be spotted and reported via datalink as well. Hopefully someone can solve this. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pinkie1997 said:

okay, i replicated it. the first time it worked all good, then i restarted my game and it started Happening again. recording coming in edit soon

edit: 

dont mind the blackscreen in the middle, that is me restarting the game

Fascinating... would you be willing to run a few tests?  I would like to confirm as to whether or not it is this asset specifically, and if you would be willing to test this with the SAM's as well as a MLRS just to confirm that the referenced type works or not.
Pending all of that would you also be willing to go to one branch only for a temporary test and see if it is perhaps the two conflicting?

1 minute ago, nodunit said:

Fascinating... would you be willing to run a few tests?  I would like to confirm as to wether or not it is this asset specificly, and if you would be willing to test this with the SAM's as well as a MLRS just to confirm that the referenced type works or not.
Pending all of that would you also be willing to go to one branch only for a temporary test and see if it is perhaps the two conflicting?

sure, i will try it later today, ist 6.16 in the morning in Germany so yeeeah

with the one branch? so just transform the normal branch into devbranch?

1 hour ago, Pinkie1997 said:

sure, i will try it later today, ist 6.16 in the morning in Germany so yeeeah

with the one branch? so just transform the normal branch into devbranch?

If you can yes, we'll need to run a process of elimination to determine what the true cause is, if you're willing of course.  I cannot for the life of me recreate this and I need to know if this effects only the VLS.