1 minute ago, Beagle said:

Question: how does one manage to start a mission with a boat on a boat rack?

Vehicle in vehicle transport, just put the boat in the rack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@nodunit any chance of activating FFAR rocket pods on a pylon set for the A-149 Gryphon and To-201 Shikra? Would greatly help mission makers in balancing MP missions where Missiles or GBU:s would be OP. There is also some historical precedence for those aircraft using rocket pods (Gripen @ Su-35). :) No need to include in any current aircraft configuration, just leave the option open for mission maker.

• Like 1

It seems the AI can walk through walls on the Liberty, which I really hope will be fixed because that'll make it useless for co-op combat.

• Like 2

also, after spawning ai in eden Editor, all of them fell through the ship, then proceeded to swim through the ship

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Absolutely a missed opportunity.

They even named it dynamic loadout.

Or was it

Reveal hidden contents

ycwYPhX.jpg

Hee hee.

:yay:

Curious if the ability of AI landing on the destroyer will be added to the carrier @nodunit?

Same for the name and number textures? Would be a neat addition.

Cheers

You can do that by putting an invisible helipad on the carrier wherever you want.

In the destroyer what they have done is to put one via createvehicle scripting command on spawn

Is it normal for some missiles rocket and warhead not engaging and basically flying like a rock in the sky and not causing explosion? 

pQuDuXY.jpg

Costing $50,000 a piece I expect NATO to be up to CSAT standards, smh. 

2 minutes ago, Pinkie1997 said:

isnt that a Missile for artillery purposes?

It's the 230mm mk41, pretty certain its for Harpoons but there are no other ships to sink haha

fired out of the vls thingy? if yes, thats artillery, and not supposed to explode in the air

• Like 1

Just now, Pinkie1997 said:

fired out of the vls thingy? if yes, thats artillery, and not supposed to explode in the air

Yeah but it legitimately malfunctioned and didn't explode when contact with surface. 

also, can we please talk About the new dots on the windshield of the hummingbird/pawnee? they are Pretty much useless, and when turning way offcenter, but in Veteran mode i guess it is better than nothing

• Confused 1

also, the Missiles launched by the vls only have smoke particles when falling downwards, not when going up

1 minute ago, Pinkie1997 said:

also, the Missiles launched by the vls only have smoke particles when falling downwards, not when going up

Yes, that photo is 5sec before impact no trail and like I said it didn't detonate.

thats strange, but the smoketrail also seems to be a bug, why would it have them only when falling downwards

13 minutes ago, Pinkie1997 said:

also, can we please talk About the new dots on the windshield of the hummingbird/pawnee? they are Pretty much useless, and when turning way offcenter, but in Veteran mode i guess it is better than nothing

It's permanent marker on the glass, it's not going to move as you turn to stay accurate. It's how aiming is done in the real life aircraft (if they have any guide at all).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pinkie1997 said:

probably because most Choppers dont posses an active radar

it has nothing to do with active radar on helicopters - it requires an RWR, which only the pawnee and hummingbird lack. It does require an ARH seeker on the missile, though.

• Like 1

The biggest problem I have with the SAMs, is that they are useless with the AI. With me manually using it's going as expected with enganging as beyond visual range, but with only the AI using the launchers they only start engagement  when they are under a range of 2 kilometers when it didn't engage anyone  else before and is unaware, even when I'm using the radar and locking it, the AI in the actual launcher sleeps until it either already dropped cluster on us or I go into it and lock the target and then leave UAV controls again. Also since it's not a normal NPC but an UAV, I can't even set the AI to aware or combat, atleast not the usual way.

i hope they will fix this , ist really easy to avoid the SAMs, because they are slow to turn, just fly circles lol. (my pc likes to autocorrect its to ist)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinkie1997 said:

i hope they will fix this , ist really easy to avoid the SAMs, because they are slow to turn, just fly circles lol. (my pc likes to autocorrect its to ist)

Yeah I agree the SAMs need a buff, with the newer jets you can throttle 100 and just fly away after a couple turns. 

Just now, M. Glade said:

Yeah I agree the SAMs need a buff, with the newer jets you can throttle 100 and just fly away after a couple turns. 

exactly that paired with new antiradiation Missiles, and boom, thats one samsite less that your a.164 has to worry about

So it seems that the SAM's will not engage until around 5 KM or so, even though they have a 16+ KM radar range on the Emitter, and the SAM's themselves seem to have a longer range.

Are we going to see ANY type of AI or scripting tweaks to allow SAM's to be launched at either Neutral targets or certified NON-Friendly targets (Air that are not reporting position via Data link) ?

Then all air positions can be sent to Data Center for each side, much like an AWACS or GCI would be doing.  Anything not friendly could get shot at then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jone_kone said:

@nodunit any chance of activating FFAR rocket pods on a pylon set for the A-149 Gryphon and To-201 Shikra? Would greatly help mission makers in balancing MP missions where Missiles or GBU:s would be OP. There is also some historical precedence for those aircraft using rocket pods (Gripen @ Su-35). :) No need to include in any current aircraft configuration, just leave the option open for mission maker.

At the time it was decided to not include these so that each aircraft type still retained some unique function. I do not think this will change.

7 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Absolutely a missed opportunity.

They even named it dynamic loadout.

Or was it

Reveal hidden contents

ycwYPhX.jpg

Hee hee.

:yay:

Curious if the ability of AI landing on the destroyer will be added to the carrier @nodunit?

Same for the name and number textures? Would be a neat addition.

Cheers

I cannot say for certain but I will relay your request.

11 hours ago, jukk said:

@nodunit is it possible to consider making the S-750 Rhea act like S-400 as in locking the tubes vertically for missile launch?

I'm honestly not sure in this case what behaviors will occur if this is done or not,  I will ask but do not expect any changes.

Also someone earlier asked if it would be possible to make the anti radiation missiles home in on the destroyer, placing a MK49 Spartan upon it will as a defense will cause it to be targeted by the KH58 ARM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

24 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

So it seems that the SAM's will not engage until around 5 KM or so, even though they have a 16+ KM radar range on the Emitter, and the SAM's themselves seem to have a longer range.

Are we going to see ANY type of AI or scripting tweaks to allow SAM's to be launched at either Neutral targets or certified NON-Friendly targets (Air that are not reporting position via Data link) ?

Then all air positions can be sent to Data Center for each side, much like an AWACS or GCI would be doing.  Anything not friendly could get shot at then.

AI will definitely engage enemy air at just about 16km, I've seen it happen. It does take them a while (like, 2-ish minutes) to realize a target is there though, way longer than a person using the radar system. Makes it very easy to nail them with missiles before they fire back.

Unrelatedly, there seem to be some rendering issues with the Liberty at range. If you zoom in with binos or the Splendid Camera, a lot of the ship's internal objects render straight through the hull.

Spoiler

941C8FA2287BE0815ABB1C4585EB5706FB7A3E13

4418385117B846863B424A4F9A02D3C30AEE6667

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, darkChozo said:

Unrelatedly, there seem to be some rendering issues with the Liberty at range. If you zoom in with binos or the Splendid Camera, a lot of the ship's internal objects render straight through the hull.

Reveal hidden contents

941C8FA2287BE0815ABB1C4585EB5706FB7A3E13

4418385117B846863B424A4F9A02D3C30AEE6667

We caught this one late and it should be updated later.

3 hours ago, M. Glade said:

Is it normal for some missiles rocket and warhead not engaging and basically flying like a rock in the sky and not causing explosion?

Costing $50,000 a piece I expect NATO to be up to CSAT standards, smh. 

Not really, I've not seen this behavior during engagement with either AI set targets or myself as a UAV operator, would it be possible to capture this in a video and what is the rate of reliance that you see this occuring?

3 hours ago, Pinkie1997 said:

Likewise this if possible, also what video settings are you using?  Even with particles set to "Low" I'm still seeing a trail from and to its target.

• Thanks 1