5 hours ago, nodunit said:

The launching/recovery mechanism itself is the boat rack object, it was decided to split all functional components into their own subcategory for ease and utility, rather than using it on only the ship you can use it anywhere.

Just to add some info, as it wasn't immediately clear to me as to how launching/recovery works, until I opened up the functions:

• Launching: Place the boat as vehicle-in-vehicle in the boat rack, get in the boat, use "Unload vehicle" action, you'll be teleported to the appropriate location
  • Recovering: Get close to the boat rack, a hold action will appear to teleport you into the rack

On another note, I love the inner corridors and the effort put into connecting the majority of the ship into a relentless functional experience. It would be nice if the isolated upper area was connected through the currently non-usable doors/some kind of a ladder/staircase dropping down to the main deck/hangar.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, oukej said:

Targeting, missiles and sensors are still a bit WIP ;)

Tomahawks incoming? :P

33 minutes ago, Sniperwolf572 said:

It would be nice if the isolated upper area was connected through the currently non-usable doors/some kind of a ladder/staircase dropping down to the main deck/hangar.

yeah doesn't even have to be too elaborate. just a "simple" ladder tube would be cool too, if possible.

• Like 2

can you actually launch Choppers from the Hangar? like use a Action to put it inside and Maybe another Action to put it outside, that would be really cool

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SuicideKing said:

Tomahawks incoming? :P

i think it is refering to the new maddog Missile mode

47 minutes ago, Sniperwolf572 said:

Just to add some info, as it wasn't immediately clear to me as to how launching/recovery works, until I opened up the functions:

• Launching: Place the boat as vehicle-in-vehicle in the boat rack, get in the boat, use "Unload vehicle" action, you'll be teleported to the appropriate location
  • Recovering: Get close to the boat rack, a hold action will appear to teleport you into the rack

On another note, I love the inner corridors and the effort put into connecting the majority of the ship into a relentless functional experience. It would be nice if the isolated upper area was connected through the currently non-usable doors/some kind of a ladder/staircase dropping down to the main deck/hangar.

Also, FYI, you can load the gunboat, CRRC, SDV, and the RIB into the boat rack.

6 hours ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

It's just a guess though.

I suppose so, yeah.. after a while, though, the SAM falls quiet and even flying in front of its nose doesn't trigger it (I explicitly disabled the build-in radar). I was confused by the yellow circle on the threat display, though, since I don't think I ever noticed them.

7 hours ago, Nichols said:

Well @Alwarren a HARM does stand for High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile so I can only guess that the reason is some SAM missiles themselves have a small tracking radar once they pointed in the right direction they can acquire and track so if they are launched optically (which is a real thing as well) then they can lock on independently and track to kill.

Yeah I am just confused as to what exactly classifies as trackable by an anti-radiation missile. The tracking radar would, I suppose, also count as a Radar source, but it might be that the burst is too short to register. In any case, taking out the Chronus eventually silenced the SAM site, which I suppose is what you would want.

7 hours ago, oukej said:

Targeting, missiles and sensors are still a bit WIP ;)

Am I wrong in assuming the yellow circle on the Threat/RWR display is new? What is it supposed to mean?

29 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

Also, FYI, you can load the gunboat, CRRC, SDV, and the RIB into the boat rack.

You can also put HEMTT and Marshall :f:

WHvWEto.jpg

The 120mm platform isn't aligned perfectly with her bow and rotating it will cause it to fly in ArmA physics. But I think this is from me firing it I don't know.

5 hours ago, zukov said:

function  naturally, would be a fantastic MP target ( divers for example)  the defenders change the location etc etc 

I don't think articulated vehicles like a semi or (in this case) a towed SAM launcher are possible in the Arma engine, at least not without a lot of bugger-all magic. Most attempts I have seen so far have not worked very well. Since vehicles cannot have an Idle gear by default, I don't see this happening any time soon.

• Like 1

Things:

- The Mk45 being 120mm instead of the real-life 127mm is...understandable? But irritating. I'd rather it be a 155 so it can use the SPG tricks like guided shells.

- The Mk41 using 230mm MLRS rockets instead of SAMs and cruise missiles is very irritating.

- It would be nice to have a route from the aft upper deck to the interior. There's currently a functional ladder up there and all, but no way to actually reach it.

- Being able to customise the hull number, flag, and name is VERY cool.

-- Any chance of this being added to the carrier?

-- The name being a texture instead of accepting text input is annoying.

-- Since that's unlikely to change, what font should I use to match the original name?

- Liberty's hatch texture quality seems a bit low compared to the Freedom's, which are crisper and have better weathering detail. I hope that's WIP.

- Any chance of an option for red emergency lighting on the interior?

- A CSAT vehicle that could plausibly tow their SAM system (like a cab-only Tempest) would be ace.

- No Pacific camo for the NATO SAM system is upsetting.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Am I wrong in assuming the yellow circle on the Threat/RWR display is new? What is it supposed to mean?

Yes.  The yellow circles have been in since the first sensor changes.  It indicates you are being tracked by a radar equipped vehicle but it has not fired yet.

• Like 1

I was hoping this would mean that missiles that don't have LOS won't be able to auto acquire targets

You mean even if a pine needle is in the way? :rofl:

12 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Tested it out. 1). Destroyer's heli deck has some floating lights. 

I can confirm it

2). A way to lower the deck fences would be nice.

I supose they will add this feature later. The Carrier started lacking some features too

3). The main gun could use an artillery computer. Either as a different version (config-only, same visual), or as a dual-mode weapon. The latter might not be doable with AI.

AI has problems with dual mode weapons. They tend to point the gun to the sky and not attack annything

4). Some kind of ship's radar object would go a long way towards making both Freedom and Liberty work better with ARMs.

Maybe the upper part of the superstructure over the bridge can be coded as a radar object.

What I would like is a way to add UAV control capabilities to a turret position in a vehicle. That's it, to link UAV control capabilities not to an object in the inventory but to a position in a vehicle. Then, a player would get into a console in the Destroyer (or carrier) and could control all Unmanned turrets. In Real Life, diferent consoles in a ship allow control of diferent weapon systems. What it doesn't make sense is that a player with a UAV console a couple of KMs away can control the ships turrets while a player inside of the ship can't.

• Like 3

@nodunit is it possible to consider making the S-750 Rhea act like S-400 as in locking the tubes vertically for missile launch?

• Like 1

I'm somewhat disappointed that even though they're revisiting Jets, there is still no way to adjust an aircraft's pylons within a game. Ammo trucks, or even the decorative missile bomb/trolleys would be perfect for this, and allow people playing in any non-premade-scenario game to adjust their loadouts, and actually use some of these new weapons.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AegisWolf said:

Love that the ship interior goes all the way through. The new GPS display is nice, and the new weapons are interesting.

However, I'm somewhat disappointed that even though they're revisiting Jets, there is still no way to adjust an aircraft's pylons within a game. Ammo trucks, or even the decorative missile bomb/trolleys would be perfect for this, and allow people playing in any non-premade-scenario game to adjust their loadouts, and actually use some of these new weapons.

just use scripts like this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1241619865

I play a lot of public Zeus on the official servers. Even when I play modded Zeus, it's a bit of a hassle, usually involves relaying pylons through the Zeus. Just seems like something that makes sense for it to be in the game, would benefit the game, and would probably not be extensive to code. (though I could be wrong on that last point)

2 hours ago, mankyle said:

What I would like is a way to add UAV control capabilities to a turret position in a vehicle. That's it, to link UAV control capabilities not to an object in the inventory but to a position in a vehicle. Then, a player would get into a console in the Destroyer (or carrier) and could control all Unmanned turrets. In Real Life, diferent consoles in a ship allow control of diferent weapon systems. What it doesn't make sense is that a player with a UAV console a couple of KMs away can control the ships turrets while a player inside of the ship can't.

I think that the idea here is for them to be fully autonomous. In fact, this is why I asked for an arty version of the gun - that way they could all be linked to the artillery system and provide naval fire support. Defenses can very well be fully automated, but then the gun has little use outside maybe fighting boarding attempts (for which a couple of static MGs/AGLs work just as well).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AegisWolf said:

I'm somewhat disappointed that even though they're revisiting Jets, there is still no way to adjust an aircraft's pylons within a game. Ammo trucks, or even the decorative missile bomb/trolleys would be perfect for this, and allow people playing in any non-premade-scenario game to adjust their loadouts, and actually use some of these new weapons.

Absolutely a missed opportunity.

They even named it dynamic loadout.

Or was it

Spoiler

ycwYPhX.jpg

Hee hee.

:yay:

Curious if the ability of AI landing on the destroyer will be added to the carrier @nodunit?

Same for the name and number textures? Would be a neat addition.

Cheers

• Like 1

For some reason bags on armored vehicles added via customization can "disable" penetration simulation on armor plate right after them.
65CCDB7B8F3A85C83767E0DC88671380B6D127AE

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MADBUG said:

For some reason bags on armored vehicles added via customization can "disable" penetration simulation on armor plate right after them.

We are aware about this bug. Thin components (either thin modeled or with defined thickness in material) that are next to each other or with only a small space between them (<10cm) can be skipped during the penetration.
In this case the bag gets registered during the penetration but the next component - armor - doesn't.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Yes.  The yellow circles have been in since the first sensor changes.  It indicates you are being tracked by a radar equipped vehicle but it has not fired yet.

:|

I am a helicopter pilot about 50% of my playtime, how could I have missed that... I literally never seen this.

9 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

:|

I am a helicopter pilot about 50% of my playtime, how could I have missed that... I literally never seen this.

probably because most Choppers dont posses an active radar

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Question: how does one manage to start a mission with a boat on a boat rack?

1 minute ago, Beagle said:

Question: how does one manage to start a mission with a boat on a boat rack?

you place the boatrack, then take the boat you want to load, and drag it onto the Symbol of the boat rack, then it loads it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1