16 minutes ago, tuskin38 said:

Very cool, you can change the name, flag and hull number in the object properties

S8Vzfcj.png

7 minutes ago, Rhyder_Morra said:

Checked new update 

Does the new radar have to look strictly in the direction of enemy aircraft? isn't they have to spin? (ye ye, still wip)

Hide contents

ahY8QXq.jpg

Please check your images, they do not appear to be showing.

• Confused 1

Just now, nodunit said:

That's the case of most pictures on the forum now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

Okay, maybe I am doing something wrong, but here goes. I tried the new Radar/SAM combination in conjunction with a SEAD missile. The emission control of the SAM is set to off, so that it should (in theory at least) depend on the Chronus RADAR exclusively for targetting. My plane fires a HARM at the radar and destroys it, but the SAM still engages me even though it should not have its radar on. 

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: it seems like the SAM itself appears as a yellow circle on the map, and the RADAR as an active radar site (half-circle). I guess that the SAM's missiles have active radar tracking and do not rely on the ground station for tracking, so I guess that the missile itself is tracking, not the SAM site. Still, even with an active lock the HARM does not seem to want to target the SAM itself.

I guess the SAM launching platform does not come with its own radar. But the missile itself on the other hand does. So the missile can still lock onto you as long as it happens to point in your direction in the first place.

So I guess what happened there is that the platform used data link with the radar before it was destroyed to find you. Then you destroyed the radar but the missile already used it's own radar to lock on. That is why it still can lock onto you but the platform does not come with radar so you get just the yellow locking warning and can not target it with HARMs.

It's just a guess though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nodunit said:

13 minutes ago, ProfTournesol said:

That's the case of most pictures on the forum now.

Everybody should be aware that the Imgur picture hosting site is not working with this forum currently.  

So don't bother posting with Imgur. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Rhyder_Morra said:

Checked new update 

Does the new radar have to look strictly in the direction of enemy aircraft? isn't they have to spin? (ye ye, still wip)

Reveal hidden contents

ahY8QXq.jpg

These are different types of radar installation.

At least in terms of S-400 (the RL CSAT "whatever BI called it" launcher) the 40v6m mast mounted radar would spin constantly and scan 360:

Spoiler

76N6-5N66M-40V6MD-Clam-Shell-1S.jpg

Because S-400 rockets launch vertically IRL the sites often are hidden in woodland so only the mast radar is visible.

But ingame CSAT launcher is weirdly behaving exactly like US Patriot (swiwel mounted tube launcher) thus being unable to perform like IRL.

• Like 1

Is there any way to use Zeus in vanilla to change pylon loadouts?  I tried using Achilles and ACE pylon loadouts to test out the AGM-88C on an F-181, but the missiles would not spawn on the pylons.
The loadout managers would show the option, but the missile itself would never spawn.
I did not have this problem assigning SDB's to the F-181 interior bays using the same pylon management systems.

Guys, but is possible add the Truck mover (hmmt) to the trailer? (obviously radar or launcher) 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, zukov said:

Guys, but is possible add the Truck mover (hmmt) to the trailer? (obviously radar or launcher) 

Add it for appearance or function? The anti-air is designed as a static weapon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nodunit said:

Add it for appearance or function? The anti air is currently static.

function  naturally, would be a fantastic MP target ( divers for example)  the defenders change the location etc etc 

• Like 1

Would it be possible to include the vehicle in vehicle feature for the USS Liberty hanger, so we could load, and unload helicopters from the hanger to the helipad, and visa versa?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pinkie1997 said:

Is it possible to recover boats from the water into the uss liberty?

Put the boat rack in one of the boat hangars/outlets then sail near it and you will get action menu selection. 

• Like 4

I've got a couple questions and issues.

1.  Any info on what the actual range is for the new SAM emplacements?  Both the radar and the missile lock ranges?  As well as for the HARM missiles?

2.  With a new focus on radar guided SAMs, are there any plans of changing the current 'counter measures' to specific chaff and flares?  How about an ECM pod?

3.  With the new destroyer, and its weapons systems, will these be able to be used as a support module like artillery?  Calling in a cruise missile strike could be pretty cool.

4.  I agree with a need to have some sort of 'livery' default for the carrier and the destroyer, where the different weapons are placed.

5.  The HARM missiles don't seem to be locking very well.  I dropped quite a few of the radar sites down, and had issues locking them up with the HARM missiles.  Will they lock on post launch to the strongest radar signature?

6.  Having issues placing assets on the destroyer or carrier while in Zeus.  Is there a trick to this, or potentially a fix coming?

• Like 1

and is it possible to somehow put Choppers into the Hangar?  and what planes can equip These new anti Radiation Missiles?

2 hours ago, Yoshi_E said:

It seems this is time depended, in the first min im 100% unable to get a lock, only after around 60s I can lock and fire. Maybe its waiting for the vehicle to heat up first? Does not make any sense for a target thats detected by radar though....

you could test with a heated up heli

this setVehicleTIPars [1,1,1]

• Like 1

Why is the 120mm "mk45 Hammer" limited zeroing to 2000 metres? I'm pretty certain that the rounds are effective at much greater distance. 

Also, anyone got recommendations for vanilla USN uniforms now that we got a bridge? These helicopter pilot things, don't really, fit. 

• Like 1

it would be so cool if the Radar Towers actually worked, like These large domes

• Like 2

Tested it out. 

1). Destroyer's heli deck has some floating lights. 
2). A way to lower the deck fences would be nice. 
3). The main gun could use an artillery computer. Either as a different version (config-only, same visual), or as a dual-mode weapon. The latter might not be doable with AI.

4). Some kind of ship's radar object would go a long way towards making both Freedom and Liberty work better with ARMs.

5). The CSAT SAM launcher (didn't test the NATO one) is ridiculously though. It took two shots from a tank gun to kill, and survived a whole bunch of SDBs. It should be pretty much made of paper, you could put one of those things out of commission with a rifle IRL (missiles don't like having bullet holes in them). It should only be as though as a regular truck, and the turret should get destroyed even by small arms fire.

6). It'd be great to add a Zamak or Tempest tractor. There's a "bare" HEMMT which looks great when paired with the SAMs, but not equivalent CSAT truck. They don't have to be functional, just there to give the SAM sites a little more authenticity.
7). Variants of both radars and missiles stowed for transport (as static props, preferably destructible) would be useful as well. Alternatively, a way to stow the working versions. Future additions or mods could make it possible to tow them around.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Regarding the ship (pardon my lack of sea savvy), I'm going to say that the front left door on the deck is somewhat glitchy, in that if you open it wrong, you can get stuck in that corner next to it or just straight up get pushed off the ship. If you're at least caught and crouch, you get smushed into the corridor where you should have entered in the first place. I think what you can do is maybe mirror the door so it opens inward, like the front right door.

3 hours ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

So I guess what happened there is that the platform used data link with the radar before it was destroyed to find you. Then you destroyed the radar but the missile already used it's own radar to lock on. That is why it still can lock onto you but the platform does not come with radar so you get just the yellow locking warning and can not target it with HARMs.

I really hope this behaviour is removed for the sake of the game. Even "realism" wise it seems ARH missiles only use their own missiles in the terminal phase, unless shot at close range, so for SAMs the lock should rely on the radar feed being functional.

1 hour ago, Pinkie1997 said:

and is it possible to somehow put Choppers into the Hangar?  and what planes can equip These new anti Radiation Missiles?

Yes to the former. As for the latter, so far they've only mentioned that the Black Wasp, Shikra and Gryphon can equip them, but I don't know if this just to do with default loadouts and anti-radiation sensors.

1 hour ago, Pinkie1997 said:

it would be so cool if the Radar Towers actually worked, like These large domes

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

Some kind of ship's radar object would go a long way towards making both Freedom and Liberty work better with ARMs.

Ever since Jets i've wished that all the static radar objects (or the radar towers on ships) in the game could be configured as working radars. Could be a feature of the "Edit Terrain Objects" module too. Heck, even if we just got an invisible radar object that could be placed on static radar objects (and could be destroyed - could lock and kill it with HARMs, explosion would destroy the building too) then I'd be happy. Something proper would be awesome though!

• Like 5

17 hours ago, M. Glade said:

Alright thanks, i'll play in Eden some more just thought it went into the back a bit much. 

And there is this bug. 

I can confirm that I have had the same issue. 

• Like 3

Happened to me once with the main hangar doors, but I couldn't reproduce it. I'm not sure what conditions are needed for this to happen.